George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it means to deliberately try to lose the case. Someone else may have a different opinion. I'm just trying to get clear on why they would want to do that. What's the benefit?

BBM: It's politics! From what I gather the Sanford Police Dept. didn't feel there was enough evidence to prosecute GZ. Then there was public outcry and pressure to charge GZ with SOMETHING. People lost jobs. People were demoted. (I am not including links because this was the GENERAL CONSENSUS of several different media reports shortly after Trayvon's death.) IMHO:twocents:

So the state is preparing to call ANOTHER witness? ???

Weather conditions. Okaaaay. Maybe they will say GZ was lying about rain vs. drizzle vs. fog. SO relevant! imo

Okay, 'over-ruled' again. What is this judge prior history I'm wondering.

I respectfully disagree that he was disrespectful, IMO. I did not take his question to mean that she was outright lying... I took it to mean that as a mother, it would be understandable that to consider the alternative (that the screams were George's) would be too difficult to bear because she would be admitting that her son may have done something wrong that night. That is about the nicest way possible you can ask that question. That are many defense lawyers that would have been FAR more nasty about it.

This case is so troubling for so many reasons. First and foremost, a 17 year old should never lose their life. And a family should never have to grieve for their child. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I would love nothing more than to see this family get peace and justice. I really do mean that.

But as I sit watching this trial, there is such a lack of concrete evidence proving 2nd degree murder that it's unsettling to me. IMO, it is very evident that these charges were only brought forward because of the public outcry. If there had been a grand jury, I seriously question if we'd be watching this trial right now.

The grand majority of the prosecution witnesses have flipped to defense witnesses. The prosecution continues to reach with theories and guesses and shoddy work. There is a problem here. As much as I want justice for all victims, I also do not want people convicted out of emotion and media pressure.

I do not consider myself a supporter of George. The little that I know about George, I don't particularly like him. I also do not consider myself a supporter of the defense. I am just somebody watching this as if I were a juror and the prosecution has not proven their case to me. The fact that they are struggling with the medical examiner so much at the finish line of their case is not just a fluke. It's another strong indication of the many holes in their case.

IMO

Must add, the two day ordeal that the defense put Rachel Jeantel through was the absolute cruelest charade imaginable......Now, I can see where some family members In Other Cases could get stronger insinuations from the defense, but This Case, IMO , does not warrant such snide innuendoes. IMO

I disagree that the evidence isn't strong enough against GZ because initially the Lead Investigator, Chris Serino, was ready to charge GZ with manslaughter...and I don't think the DA turned that premise down because of " lack of evidence" by any means...I firmly believe the DA's office didn't want to deal with such a volatile case....and as it's turned out...this case IS volatile....so it's easy to see why they Possibly didn't want to prosecute...
Each state seems to have different standards in alleged murder cases.....and this court room farce wouldn't be allowed in many counties in most states.....Time limits givento the Prosecution and the defense alllowed to ramble on for literally days....IMO

State has shown nothing, proven nothing. Careers should end over this and people should be disbarred imo. Really scary imo.

I have not read every thread on this case, but I'm curious if there has been a discussion about how George could have possibly reached his holstered gun with Trayvon sitting astraddle of him? To me this is a HUGE issue!!! We have tried this numerous times with several people and it just CAN'T BE DONE! It makes GZ's entire story of how he came to shoot Trayvon a LIE. (Before you start throwing things at me, try it yourself.) :truce:

I was at the shore over July 4th. I watched people walking on the various blocks of houses with this trial in mind. I saw people on their phones meandering, stopping, starting, texting, talking. They were on sidewalks in close proximity to homes. I tried to objectively ascertain whether their behavior would "appear suspicious" to a neighborhood watch person. Truth be told, I did not. Their actions seemed unobtrusive and just "normal". Whether or not they belonged on the street never entered my mind. JMV

When you refer to the Shore do mean the Jersey or DelMarVa or somewhere else? I know that behavior in certain sections of Wildwood or Ocean City would not be as tolerated by the local populace of Cape May or Cape Charles. Also, do you live there year round? I don't see how that is anagolous to this specific case since this weekend is a special holiday weekend when people act differently than they might normally, in addition to a swell in an area's population and the fact that we know many people are travelling and we would be cognizent of seeing more strangers than normal. IMO

I have not read every thread on this case, but I'm curious if there has been a discussion about how George could have possibly reached his holstered gun with Trayvon sitting astraddle of him? To me this is a HUGE issue!!! We have tried this numerous times with several people and it just CAN'T BE DONE! It makes GZ's entire story of how he came to shoot Trayvon a LIE. (Before you start throwing things at me, try it yourself.) :truce:

Now, that's interesting.

Also as I recall GZ had two passports. One was valid and one had expired. He turned in the expired one, as he was required to turn in his passport, but told his wife to put the valid one in, as I recall, a safe-deposit box. I may not have all of this exactly right, but it did concern his keeping the valid passport, IMO.

Sounds like he planned / plans to fly the coop ASAP. Something an honest, innocent man does not do. IMO

Thank you Lovelymountains!

Before someone brings up the alleged " death threats" against GZ & Fam, I wonder how many death threats the jury members and witnesses have received IF they paint an unfavourable picture of GZ and if he gets convicted? IMO

Unfortunately MOM is wasting his time, her mind is made up imo.

Unfortunately MOM is wasting his time, her mind is made up imo.

I agree, but it's his duty to ask for a dismissal.

And frankly I'm getting a little lost here in the legal details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth