George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, cutting across a lawn is illegal, immoral, an act against nature, rude, crude & ignorant. A rant because so many kids cut across my and my neighbors' lawns. When I was growing up, we were taught to not do that. It is my pet peeve, and, no, I don't pack heat and I wouldn't shoot one of the suckers. MOO

Ditto...same here. I'd be sitting on the phone calling 911 every 15 minutes in the summer! Nothing "suspicious" or "up to no good" about it. Just kids being kids. Doesn't warrant a 911 call....or following...or murder.

Only thing worse ( as far as lawns) is people that stand there and watch their dog poop on my lawn...those people I do yell at! I still don't call 911!

All IMO

I haven't seen evidence of a broken nose in the trial. Or a concrete skull bashing. But if I remember correctly he didn't have an xray or dr. visit. Nurse Shelly bandaged him??????

You must remember incorrectly. He provided medical documentation of a doctor's visit.

Well I came here to discuss what is actually going on in the courtroom today, but unfortunately the prevailing discussion has nothing to do with live courtroom proceedings. I'm disappointed.

So if GZ was out to kill that night, why did he bother calling 911?

Well I came here to discuss what is actually going on in the courtroom today, but unfortunately the prevailing discussion has nothing to do with live courtroom proceedings. I'm disappointed.

There's a live trial thread.

Hi, Go to google and type in "trayvon martin tweets.

I don't want to derail the thread.

Wow. Those tweets do not portray him the way the media has... although those tweets do not have any baring on whether or not he attacked Zimmerman or that Zimmerman shot him in cold blood. They do, however speak to the character of Trayvon. (if in fact those are Trayvon's words)

Ok, I just took a nap and had HLN on. So I'm a little behind the live testimony. I woke up to hear that the defense was trying to get TM's father kicked out of the court because two weeks ago he muttered a profanity under his breath. Seriously? This has nothing to do with what I believe about GZ's guilt or not, but that's just amazing to me that they would even try to do that.

With his gun you can't unintentionally murder someone. It takes definitive positive actions to enable it to fire. So ipso facto, he intended to shoot and given where he shot, he intended to kill. All because a black kid wearing a hoodie was walking on a lawn.

I don't believe that GZ intended to kill anyone when he:
- got in his car to go to the store
- noticed TM
- called 911, and
- looked to see where TM went.

I don't even think he intended to kill him when he pulled the trigger. I think he panicked during the attacked and instinctively went for his gun because he was in fear for his life.

(Personally, this is why I don't agree with concealed carry permits. And hopefully I won't get a timeout for mentioning this because I really don't want to get in a debate over gun laws, just want to clarify my position. The laws are what they are and GZ did nothing against FL law even if I don't agree with them.)

I like the way DA is crossing 911 guy.. He is doing a good job.

Ok, I just took a nap and had HLN on. So I'm a little behind the live testimony. I woke up to hear that the defense was trying to get TM's father kicked out of the court because two weeks ago he muttered a profanity under his breath. Seriously? This has nothing to do with what I believe about GZ's guilt or not, but that's just amazing to me that they would even try to do that.

It was unbelievable. GZ's friend looked like a fool on the stand. This judge handled it perfectly.

"Sorry, but if you are going to do something at work and your boss says, "yeah I don't need you to do that" - are you going to just do it anyway??"

I don't think this analogy applies as a 911 operator is NOT your (or my) boss.

Well, he just testified if there is shooting going on outside and a person says "I'm gonna go check that out" they can't tell them NOT to go, but will instead say "we don't need you to go outside." So if someone is stupid enough to NOT heed the 911 operator and gets shot, too bad. George should have stayed in his vehicle instead of trying to be a wanna be cop. He deserves jail.

Prosecutor back up. He is good. 911 operator says Zimmerman's words were hostile.

With all due respect, Trayvon could have been defending himself.

I don't think you are defending yourself when you have someone on the ground beating them into the pavement. There is evidence of TM being on top. All he had to do was get off and run. You are not defending yourself if you are in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb