George's Possible "Suicide" Letter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I had some experience with this sort of thing the night before George did this when a relative took too many tylenol claiming it was accidental. The ambulance crew gave a slurry of activated charcoal and I believe Ipecac. Blood levels drawn immediately and every hour showed the amount that got into the system. They didn't do any stomach pumping. And BTW, I think George is lucky that he was hospitalized and will be able to get help. My relative, of course, was sent home with no hospitalization or psych evaluation.

All I can say is that I know of someone who took too many ibuprofen, and I mean a bunch, intentional and the hospital did not pump the stomach. Maybe because this person was puking??? Gave something thru an iv to settle the stomach though...so who knows.

I go so back and forth on this. I didn't know he was going for a job interview, or job fair, whatever, he was trying. I will say this though....72 hours away from Cindy would do wonders. I think he just wanted some time alone and she started harping in. Will be interesting to read the texts and notes, personal they may be...but someone's going to put them out there and read them so I might as well.

Although I too deep down am leary about the actions/happenings of the Anthonys whenever there is a doc dump. No hard or bad feelings towards George at all. I am glad he didn't do anything. But this whole family makes you go hmmmm.

I would be extremely shocked if George's stomach was NOT pumped. It would seem to me that the hospital would be derelict in their duties if they did not pump his stomach! After all, this was presented as a suicide attempt.

And yes, I think that LE would definately be able to get the blood alcohol results as well as the drug content!

I am a nurse, and I can tell you it is not a standard procedure to pump someones stomach. It happens, but not as often as people may think.

Here's my two cents, not that anyone asked.

If I was in George's position, I wouldn't want my personal correspondence to be released to the public. For his sake, I hope it remains private.

But. The reality is that I'm not in his shoes, and if that letter is released you can bet money I'll want to read it.

now, this is what I don't like. That note and the texts are private and personal and should stay that way! so unfair to GA. my heart breaks for him.

I totally agree with you! I think B. Conway is very professional and has always dealt very well with the media. He asked very nicely to give this man his space and I am not liking the idea of the media intruding on the private grief of this family.

I'm more interested in Casey and seeing her go down than I am at seeing poor George's drunken emotional ramblings that are a product of his grief. The media's focus should be KC and justice for Caylee...just my opinion.

Here's my two cents, not that anyone asked.

If I was in George's position, I wouldn't want my personal correspondence to be released to the public. For his sake, I hope it remains private.

But. The reality is that I'm not in his shoes, and if that letter is released you can bet money I'll want to read it.

At least you are honest!

Whatever is in his letter is for him, his psychiatrists and MAYBE, his family. If he intended to take his life, he would not incriminate his daughter from the grave. He was expressing HIS feelings, HIS pain and anguish and confessing all of HIS failings in life. It is personal and I hope that it remains that way.

The only reason anyone wants to see it public is for the sensationalism. This family has had more miseray piled on them than most of us. I think this event should be kept from the public discussion of the murder case.

Kindly said... this thread is about the letter, not the stomach.

The freedom was taken away when he committed the crime of attempting suicide. Not to mention all the things he has done and said to LE about Caylee's disappearance and murder.

When you commit a crime your freedoms are taken away. That is the justice system in this great country.

Bold is by me.

Actually from everything I have read there is nothing that says he *actually attempted suicide*

Could you give me a link where it says he actually attempted suicide ?

Thanks, because i read that he wrote out a whole lot of emotional stuff and then went off to a hotel for a *rest* with some BP meds and sleeping pills
From everything I have read there was no indication that there was enough pills to kill himself and there was no gun...or any other kind of weapon...That he was in a normal state and speaking normally.

So there fore as no crime has been committed because there was no attempt at suicide (unless you have proof?) then the letters and texts should not be for public consumption

Bold is by me.

Actually from everything I have read there is nothing that says he *actually attempted suicide*

Thanks, because i read that he wrote out a whole lot of emotional stuff and then went off to a hotel for a *rest* with some BP meds and sleeping pills
From everything I have read there was no indication that there was enough pills to kill himself and there was no gun...or any other kind of weapon...That he was in a normal state and speaking normally.

So there fore as no crime has been committed because there was no attempt at suicide (unless you have proof?) then the letters and texts should not be for public consumption

I believe last night on NG Mike Chitwood from the daytona police said that he believed that yes George was ready to end his life based on the letter. Now that doesn't say he attempted it, just that he wrote a letter making peace.

Bold is by me.

You would have to go back a couple of pages. I am one of the ones that believe that the only attempt was not suicide but a way to get everyone to stop speculating the doc dump.

I kind of don't want to go through it all again as I inadvertently hijacked the thread before. So if you don't mind reading a little, it's back there somewhere.:)

I believe last night on NG Mike Chitwood from the daytona police said that he believed that yes George was ready to end his life based on the letter. Now that doesn't say he attempted it, just that he wrote a letter making peace.
Also the text messages he sent indicated the same.

I realized a post I made did not belong on this thread and removed it!

The "suicide" note was found and taken by police and is therefore part of public record. Media can file to see it and report on it. I created the thread to talk about the contents of the note, as reported.

Any other debate, imo, is personal ethics. Debating ethics is very interesting to some but after a few posts it's redundant.

The "suicide" note was found and taken by police and is therefore part of public record. Media can file to see it and report on it. I created the thread to talk about the contents of the note, as reported.

Any other debate, imo, is personal ethics. Debating ethics is very interesting to some but after a few posts it's redundant.

I guess until we actually can see the note there will be lots of side tracking there is no way around it. :)

However yes if the police took it then it is public record and will be available. When my roommate committed suicide I bought the police report so I could read the letter.

Every thread I have ever read grows a life of its own and heads in varying directions as people explore the avenues

But in regards to the Letter, and people saying its public record because George committed a crime - well actually he didnt.
Saying you are going to end your life and actually attempting it or doing it are two different things.

I don't believe there is a law that prevents one from saying they "are going to kill themselves" or " life isn't worth living" etc

I guess until we actually can see the note there will be lots of side tracking there is no way around it. :)

That's true, Hayley but I think sometimes people might wish to sidetrack a thread into a oblivion or deletion. So many threads are utterly clogged up with ethical debates so that people who ARE interested in the details cannot communicate.

If a person thinks you shouldn't talk about XYZ why do they have to post time after time telling others that? How many times does it have to be said before we admit that some of us are here to actually read and talk CRIME not ethics, while others are here to offer sympathy, empathy and post pretty pictures. There's room and need for both in the world and in forums. Let us all talk.

nothing on GR tonight.....worth while on letter, just that GA is depressed and getting treatment and still in hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487