George's Possible "Suicide" Letter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i understand exactly what you are saying .. however i think it is morally wrong to air such a personal thing.. and people do have rights to privacy even when a crime has been committed .. what is public on the police record is fine but the police arnt going to publish the letter ..so how would anyone get thier hands on it ? this is what im saying that letter isnt public record

It was taken as evidence so it is part of the police report and can be released as such. Suicide notes are published all the time and way too many people have reported reading this one for it not be released at some point. It would be horrifying to have all my personal information out there, but they have to blame Casey for this situation and themselves for making public spectacles of themselves.

In the same position my suicide note could be public record if the media requested it under the Sunshine Law. George is in the unfortunate, yet somewhat self inflicted, position of that request being made.

The people I feel bad for with the public releases are the friends/witnesses whose myspace comments, text messages, and statements have all been released. They have done nothing wrong, it is not self inflicted and they have forever been thrust into the middle of this, into the books yet to come. They will have to forewarn employers in the future who may google their name (which is much more common) every dumb party picture, every theory floated about them, will be there forever. I feel for them.

i'm not arguing w/ you, but how would orlando media know? and the news of the tape and heart shaped sticker at least must've made every news station he turned to be it TV or radio plus talk shows etc.
unless george had himself hermetically sealed in a vacuum these past few days, i think he couldn't avoid but know what was in those documents.

He knows the basics absolutely. He may have chosen to not read the forensics and the nitty gritty details, but I do not believe that LE wasn't over there to forewarn them of the graphic nature of what was to be released. They have been so courteous and professional with them I highly doubt they let them read it on the front page of the paper. He knows. My speculation was that the suicide attempt was driven by evidence that Caylee's death was not an accident.

now, this is what I don't like. That note and the texts are private and personal and should stay that way! so unfair to GA. my heart breaks for him.

ITA. Just more for GA to be embarrased about, IMHO. These peoople need counseling desperately and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why they aren't getting it. Not group therapy and a TH suggested last night, but private family counseling. Shame on their attorney BC for not helping them get the help they need. After all, it would be protected under the doctor/patient privilege.

The importance of seeing the note to me would be: The ability to get an impression of what George's motive was for #1 leaving a note #2.reaching out to friends #3 was this an attempt to draw attention to himself in order to cloud the water or an attempt to seek media attention to get the mental help he needs..(why not just go check into a hospital instead of a motel.??..)
Drama --they live and breath on it. I for one can't see a lawyer BC having a 4pm meeting and staying with the family till 11 pm and then making 911 calls ..what lawyer do u know that does that??
This case has more turns and drama than any other case I have viewed.
I believe the truth will set you free, the agony of carrying on with "Casey is innocent" has a burden beyond what they can take...
If JB would let the healing begin by releasing Caylee's remains this would help the family.
George and Cindy both need to come to the grim reality that Caylee, was murdered,and that Casey is innocent until proven guilty,but that she is the only suspect that has been implicated.
They need to seek the truth about what happened..not try to add to this horrible event by the extra drama of making false statements..Casey will be proved to be "mother of the year" We are watching the people we believe have her...I changed my story,I didn't change my story but what I said was ....throwing anyone and everyone under the Casey express in order to attempt to cloud the issues.
I believe this is why GA and CA continue to get negative publicity..it is because we are able to look at the lies they have told and can see no explination for their continual attempts to see, what they want to see and put on blinders when it is not the pretty picture they want to present.
Caylee was missing for 31 days...they spoke to Casey during this time, and never once did she act like Caylee was not being cared for...they know she lied but Cindy said "No, it wasn't strange for her to be absent that long" Stop covering up for Casey and people will leave them alone.
If they both would just tell the truth about what they know, stand up for Caylee who can not speak for herself and let the state prove their case if they can..show some respect for the people who have shown respect for Caylee and stop trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes we would all be able to heal from this tragedy.

I've seen the reports of GA writing that he believes his daughter is innocent but is that what he really wrote? I saw another reporter who said that the note said GA didn't believe his daughter killed Caylee. This is very different than saying he believes she is innocent.

This latter statement could be taken a couple of ways. Maybe "I don't believe my daughter killed Caylee" could mean "I don't believe my daughter killed Caylee!!!" In other words, he knows it but he just can't believe it. An admission that he clearly sees KC's guilt but finds it an unbelievable realization.

Either way, I am firmly in the camp that the content of his note should not be released to the public and should only be used at trial if it can shed some light on what truly happened to little Caylee.

This is exactly what I think he meant in the letter - that it's such an infathomable (?) thought and he can't believe it to be true.

The importance of seeing the note to me would be: The ability to get an impression of what George's motive was for #1 leaving a note #2.reaching out to friends #3 was this an attempt to draw attention to himself in order to cloud the water or an attempt to seek media attention to get the mental help he needs..(why not just go check into a hospital instead of a motel.??..)
Drama --they live and breath on it. I for one can't see a lawyer BC having a 4pm meeting and staying with the family till 11 pm and then making 911 calls ..what lawyer do u know that does that??
This case has more turns and drama than any other case I have viewed.
I believe the truth will set you free, the agony of carrying on with "Casey is innocent" has a burden beyond what they can take...
If JB would let the healing begin by releasing Caylee's remains this would help the family.
George and Cindy both need to come to the grim reality that Caylee, was murdered,and that Casey is innocent until proven guilty,but that she is the only suspect that has been implicated.
They need to seek the truth about what happened..not try to add to this horrible event by the extra drama of making false statements..Casey will be proved to be "mother of the year" We are watching the people we believe have her...I changed my story,I didn't change my story but what I said was ....throwing anyone and everyone under the Casey express in order to attempt to cloud the issues.
I believe this is why GA and CA continue to get negative publicity..it is because we are able to look at the lies they have told and can see no explination for their continual attempts to see, what they want to see and put on blinders when it is not the pretty picture they want to present.
Caylee was missing for 31 days...they spoke to Casey during this time, and never once did she act like Caylee was not being cared for...they know she lied but Cindy said "No, it wasn't strange for her to be absent that long" Stop covering up for Casey and people will leave them alone.
If they both would just tell the truth about what they know, stand up for Caylee who can not speak for herself and let the state prove their case if they can..show some respect for the people who have shown respect for Caylee and stop trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes we would all be able to heal from this tragedy.:confused:

I've seen the reports of GA writing that he believes his daughter is innocent but is that what he really wrote? I saw another reporter who said that the note said GA didn't believe his daughter killed Caylee. This is very different than saying he believes she is innocent.

This latter statement could be taken a couple of ways. Maybe "I don't believe my daughter killed Caylee" could mean "I don't believe my daughter killed Caylee!!!" In other words, he knows it but he just can't believe it. An admission that he clearly sees KC's guilt but finds it an unbelievable realization.

Either way, I am firmly in the camp that the content of his note should not be released to the public and should only be used at trial if it can shed some light on what truly happened to little Caylee.

This is exactly what I think he meant in the letter - that it's such an infathomable (?) thought and he can't believe it to be true.

ITA. Just more for GA to be embarrased about, IMHO. These peoople need counseling desperately and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why they aren't getting it.

resp. snipped.
in truth there's little, if anything, a councellor could do. they have to first accept the truth of the situation they are in, b/c it's their deceit or denial that is at the root of there problems and were a therapist to even hint at the subject cindy would scream at him/her and march out in another rage.

I think George really did not want to kill himself.He could have did it in many ways and many times as he was missing all day.
I actually feel bad for CA and what she must have went through that day.
With that being said I feel it was a cry for help.Maybe for the whole family. I personally did the same thing many years ago. It is a state of utter despair.i took some pills and wrote a note. I think sub conciously I did not take enough pills to cause death but the main thing was for someone to read the letter.
In his case it is so much worse. This man has lost everything and has been embarrased on national tv,had his life story analyzed,and underneath it all he knows KC is guilty no matter what he says.
Watch the LKL interview and you can see physical pain on his face .Watch his expression when he says the smell in the car is pizza. He looks like he is ready to vomit.
I dont walk in his shoes so I can not answer why he denies all the evidence.
But I do know this is a soul in deep pain the likes of which I can not imagine.
I hope his cry for help is answered, not only for him but Lee and Cindy and the poor unborn baby coming into their family.
My prayers are with him.

He wrote it to be read after he was dead.

Most people who threaten suicide don't really want to kill themselves...they just want the pain to STOP and walk through the motions of the only solution they can think of. I know people tend to make a distinction between those who really intend to kill themselves and those who just "want attention", but I don't really think that's fair. Not having the courage to actually go through with it doesn't mean there was something illigitimate about the state of their utter despair. IMHO it's moot whether he intended to actually do it or not.

On a semi-related note it has struck me as kinda weird the way that Cindy phrased her defence of Casey in that recent e-mail where she says "Casey never hurt Caylee...she loved her dearly" or something like that. Not "my daughter is not a murderer", not, "Zenaida killed Caylee" or anything else like that. Just sounded weird. Then the reports coming out describe George saying he doesn't believe "Casey hurt Caylee" again using that odd phrasing. No blaming of the real killer, no strong denials of Casey being a murderer, and very similar wording in each case.

I don't know exactly why this struck me like it has, but it's almost like they can't reconcile Casey their daughter, and Casey the monster. Jessie Grund even said it's hard to think of the person he knew being the person he sees today...like he has to remember Casey as a different person who's gone now because to think she's been like this all along just doesn't compute. I really think there's some measure of this happening now with the Anthony's...I mean, what are the options? They must have albums full of pictures of Casey smiling and laughing as a child. If Casey did this, she is a MONSTER, but then again, they have years of memories battling that notion.

ITA with Marple too. Parents will often blame the "bad influences" who corrupted their child. It's a very normal reaction, and I don't think it's a stance we should really read too much into. We only see Casey like she is now...her parents are battling 20 years of raising her frrom birth and need to figure out how to reconcile everything within themselves.

well i wonder if its worth living anymore if every single aspect of a persons life is everyone elses .. where is that persons right to privacy and freedom to express his feelings ? im sorry but not everything in a persons life is our or anyone elses business .. imho

I agree with you. It's one thing to be interested in the case and to follow it. It's entirely different to poke and prod into George's private thoughts. Hopefully, no one will release the letter.

I am surprised that the HIPPA laws don't protect these records. They are medical-related. I support HIPPA and in my state commiting suicide is not a crime - so I am not fixated on this event as a "crime". Rather it was a medical/mental health emergency. JMO

Most people who threaten suicide don't really want to kill themselves...they just want the pain to STOP and walk through the motions of the only solution they can think of. I know people tend to make a distinction between those who really intend to kill themselves and those who just "want attention", but I don't really think that's fair. Not having the courage to actually go through with it doesn't mean there was something illigitimate about the state of their utter despair. IMHO it's moot whether he intended to actually do it or not.

On a semi-related note it has struck me as kinda weird the way that Cindy phrased her defence of Casey in that recent e-mail where she says "Casey never hurt Caylee...she loved her dearly" or something like that. Not "my daughter is not a murderer", not, "Zenaida killed Caylee" or anything else like that. Just sounded weird. Then the reports coming out describe George saying he doesn't believe "Casey hurt Caylee" again using that odd phrasing. No blaming of the real killer, no strong denials of Casey being a murderer, and very similar wording in each case.

I don't know exactly why this struck me like it has, but it's almost like they can't reconcile Casey their daughter, and Casey the monster. Jessie Grund even said it's hard to think of the person he knew being the person he sees today...like he has to remember Casey as a different person who's gone now because to think she's been like this all along just doesn't compute. I really think there's some measure of this happening now with the Anthony's...I mean, what are the options? They must have albums full of pictures of Casey smiling and laughing as a child. If Casey did this, she is a MONSTER, but then again, they have years of memories battling that notion.

ITA with Marple too. Parents will often blame the "bad influences" who corrupted their child. It's a very normal reaction, and I don't think it's a stance we should really read too much into. We only see Casey like she is now...her parents are battling 20 years of raising her frrom birth and need to figure out how to reconcile everything within themselves.

ITA. Just more for GA to be embarrased about, IMHO. These peoople need counseling desperately and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why they aren't getting it.

*resp. snipped.
in truth there's little, if anything, a councellor could do. they have to first accept the truth of the situation they are in, b/c it's their deceit or denial that is at the root of their problems and were a therapist to even hint at the subject cindy would scream at him/her and march out in another rage. you can't help someone who won't let you.

well i wonder if its worth living anymore if every single aspect of a persons life is everyone elses .. where is that persons right to privacy and freedom to express his feelings ? im sorry but not everything in a persons life is our or anyone elses business .. imho

I agree with you. It's one thing to be interested in the case and to follow it. It's entirely different to poke and prod into George's private thoughts. Hopefully, no one will release the letter.

In MHO it was a cry for help,
Many years ago I did the same thing, I did not take enough pills to cause death but I left a note ,subconciously calling for help.
It is caused by utter despair, and in his case so much worse because he sees his life being played out on tv.
I think he knows the truth but can not accept it. Just watch the LKL interview, he is physically ill especially when he says the car smell was pizza.
I hope this prompts Lee and Cindy as well as George to get the help they need. Not just for them but for the new baby that will be coming into their family.
My prayers are with them

ITA. Just more for GA to be embarrased about, IMHO. These peoople need counseling desperately and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why they aren't getting it. Not group therapy and a TH suggested last night, but private family counseling. Shame on their attorney BC for not helping them get the help they need. After all, it would be protected under the doctor/patient privilege.

How on earth is Conway responsible if George and Cindy aren't in therapy? That's over the top. We have no way of knowing whether he has been encouraging them to speak with a counselor or not, and that cannot be ascertained in any way unless the Anthony's stand on their doorstep and hold up a sign that reads "We're going to counseling now. Be back in 2 hours!" We simply do not know whether they are seeing a counselor.

However, this isn't about that. This is about George's suicide note. People leave notes to be read. The contents of that note give insight into the mind of the person in the last moments before he/she takes their life. I am curious about what he has to say.

From my perspective, a person doesn't text message his friends to say he's going to take his life without the expectation that someone is going to be concerned enough to come stop him. NO ONE leaves a note without the expectation that it will be read. It is less a cry for help than a plea for attention. There is absolutely no way that George didn't know that there was help readily available to him. He had at his fingertips more people willing to get him in to see a counselor than the average person who is going through a family ordeal. You can't throw a rock without hitting someone who is more than willing to have offered to call someone. George knew there was help available, and he chose not to "reach out" to them, and chose instead to add yet more stress and confusion and drama to an already volatile powder keg of living. It was selfish and in the manner in which he carried it all out, it was childish. Cindy has every right to be angry and at last I believe the right emotion for the right action has happened for her. Perhaps its a breakthrough.

For those who suggest the note and text messages should remain private, I ask this: If George had been successful, would your opinion change? Would you then want to know what he'd written? Would you want to know what he was thinking in those minutes it took him to write the letter out? Is it that he wasn't successful that makes you believe it all should be private?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member