Geraldo At Large - Sunday, 12/14/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But no one was talking about dental records. The original point was that they could match up the teeth with PICTURES of her where a lot of her teeth are visible (in other words, smiling). Photographs, not dental x-rays.

If the shoe was on the other foot they'd say nothing was good enough unless it is 100% from DNA.

It is funny how the air samples and one hair with death band was just science and not good enough to show Caylee was deceased and yet now they are very willing to compare teeth in photos and run with it.

It illustrates how desperate the Defense are to get access and know what they are dealing with ASAP. Me thinks they do protest too much!! :crazy:

You know I'm with you on that one - this "team" has congregated around these kind of cases in the past: Peterson, Spector, and now Casey. It's almost like if you get one, you get them all.

I have always loved watching Dr. Baden...but this makes me ill...all these years of watching these cases unfold...just proves to me that whoever flashes the cash and/or TV time, book deals...gets the experts in their corner.

Is there no one left that has heard of ETHICS?

I have always loved watching Dr. Baden...but this makes me ill...all these years of watching these cases unfold...just proves to me that whoever flashes the cash and/or TV time, book deals...gets the experts in their corner.

Is there no one left that has heard of ETHICS?

yes there is and they all work for the prosecution, lol

I think Fox needs to get new "experts". Everyone seems to be too close for comfort with the defense team and its getting icky!

whew. GR was grueling for me tonight. I have expressed numerous times that LE/SAO is doing a flawless job.

Tonight I saw a few holes. Nothing is going to prevent a total and complete conviction IMO. But maybe a few "spots" the LE/SAO may have slipped up....

1. Failure to place screen high enough next to forensic area to prevent video of LE sifting thru dirt, etc...Now you have possibly allowed them the opportunity to critisize the techniques and personnel used (listen to Baden reference that) That site needed to better protected. Don't want to hear during trial that is the reason it has to be discounted, they did it wrong, should of let us be there, etc....

...not a fatal blow but allows doubt to seep into a jurors mind....especially when they depose the workers...

2. Kim G., who cannot possibly be anymore pro-LE, mentioned the first critisism of the LE/SAO....agreeing it was a "mistake" not to allow defense to observe...that worried me.

I feel the LE is straight by the book in htis, they absolutely aren't gonna allow any professional gratuity such as allowing them there....I feel the LE/SAO is so pissed off at the A's and KC that they want to nail them to the tree. Thats great, so do I, but if they are starting to make descisions based on this absolute hatred they mmust have (that we cannot even comprehend, as we are not privy to even HALF of what they've seen or collected) that could come back and haunt them.

I just want a clean, sweet conviction...no "reasonable doubt" in the jurors minds...and again, although I doubt these 2 items could do that, why invite the devil into the room?

I've felt exactly as you, but as I read your message, a thought cheered me up: If Lee or any of the ST were allowed to watch the autopsy or monitor the searching at the site, you know they'd never admit all was done properly. They don't want to monitor the proceedings to make sure everything is done properly--they're looking for any little meaningless non-issue that they can then turn into a 2000 elephant in the courtroom.
Forensics is a complex science and it's not that difficult to make a jury of laymen feel confused and then doubtful. In fact, this is the unabashed purpose of Lee and Spitz and Baden.

Better that they complain that they didn't get to find anything wrong than the opposite. At least right now. IMHO

Not to mention Lee spraying ketchup all over the place.

This is the second time that someone told that joke. I'm going to do a little bit of research to find out what "Ketchup Lee" is all about.

Ok...on the anthropologists...that the defense is ranting about not being there...I KNOW they mean forensic anthropologists...but MUST share this personal story with you all :)

Many years ago the coal mine where I worked had an explosion/fire (I swear I wanted to but didn't do it)...so we were forced to move the portal area to another section of land...

Before you can just go digging...many permits and tests must be done...the company had to hire an anthropologist to research the area...

Since we were all salary...some of us built fence, worked elsewhere..I was put with the crews that worked for the Anthro...

We set up the screens, roped off pits to dig in the gulch below the site of the new portal area...it was summer, very hot and buggy..the guy brought his dog every day and made me mad because the dog was matted and dirty/hot/flies...the guy would sit on his arse all day while we dug and sifted...

I actually brought HIM shampoo and a dog brush and told him to clean up his poor dog in the creek <LOL>...we were all pissed at him by then.

We found some really neat pottery shards, some tiny arrowheads...and a fire pit. Once we found the fire pit about 4-5 feet down, he had us dig on one side of it...telling us these detailed stories of what the Native Americans were doing and how each piece we found tied in...

I noticed that in the early evening the wind would come across the area a certain way....making the side were laboring on the smokey side of the fire...where we were finding nothing...mentioned it to him...more stories, cough-cough...more anger from the crew...since these holes were 6 foot deep and had to be carefully cut out and sifted...and we knew by then the guy had been working as a greeter at Walmart before this gig <LOL>...so imagine he wanted to drag this out...

Well then the practical jokes were coming fast and furious...because thats what miners do....

One of the guys took gravel from the road bed that was above the area...went through the sifters...the guys alerted the antho...he proceeded to tell some long convoluted story about the flint and river rock...until one of the guys said, well underground when we find this material, we call it JAFR....the anthro tries to sound like he has heard this term before and asks what the whole thing stands for? Just Another F*&^%$# Rock is what the guys said <LOL>

I dug (bad girl) old chicken bones out of the garbage and rolled them in dust...tossed them into one of the pits. The guys all hollered to the Anthro, omg. we found something!

This anthro spent half an hour telling us some story about these ancient bones before we could not hold our laughter any longer...

So when the defense clowns cry and whine about EXPERTS, this is all I can think about <LOL>

ok, I know its a little far reaching, but in one of the pictures of Caylee, it looked like she may have had a cap on her tooth in the back, like a metal one. Might have been the light, but I rememner people talking about age of dental visits, and I think she may be too young, but I see very small children with these metal caps on teeth when the parent lets the child sleep with a bottle of milk and the teeth rot out back there. Reaching, I know, but I thought I saw it in one of her really pretty wide, smiling pictures....

FWIW I had more than half of my teeth capped (some white and some silver) by the time I was 2 1/2. My mom let me sleep with a bottle filled with Pepsi or milk when I was a kid.

Thanks so much for the play by play for those of us that couldn't wrestle tv from hubby!

Well, in my case, it was a football game that he was watching. Probably the case with others as well. However, I did record it and watched it a little while ago. I sure am glad I haven't been watching GR's coverage of this case before yesterday. He sure is contorting himself all different which-a-ways to convince himself that this isn't pre-meditated, cold blooded murder.

Last night GR was pretty adamant when he said something to the effect that if there were any broken bones, or skull injuries on that little body, then...I can't remember the rest, but he was clearly horrified at the thought. And it is horrifying to think of it.

Those other people, the Scheme Team, they are all after the book deals they are going to get. Oh, and the publicity. (my opinion, again)

I wonder what in the world they are talking about with using her dental records to id her. I have 3 kids, the oldest 9, a 6 year old, and youngest is 3 1/2.

They all went to the dentist for the first time around 3-3 1/2 and the only thing the dentist did was look in their mouth, count their teeth(while secretly sticking the thing on teeth looking for cavities), Not one of them ever had xrays until a few months before starting Kindergarten.

The dentist here said that 3 is usually the time they do the first dental visit, which is just to look around at their teeth, count them/look for cavities and get the kind of use to the dentist. He said they don't have xrays until around 4 1/2.

That is what I have always went by and not one of my kids has had a cavity. (Knock on wood).

geraldo lost his credibility years ago when he opened al capones vault!

where my dh really lost it (as did I)--was when he drew a map in the sand covering the war.....

At the now active crime scene? No way, no how, never has happened never will.

At the autopsy? While the trend is for a defense team to perform their own 2nd autopsy, it is not standard practice to let anyone from the defense view or participate in an initial autopsy.

The defense can cry all they want. The fact is, they are making a rare and highly unusual request. They know that. They just want to sway public opinion, and the public is a future jury.

gr tried to pull that line earlier on Fox when talking with Gregg G ---Gregg implied that jb wasn't that experienced and GR was all over that one...but they/gr basically stating that since the defense has the number 1 peeps...I just think it is absurd that they deny its Caylee with one breath--the next whine and moan...I think if they were in there they would want others to photograph everything...what I also think is God forbid due to the length of time and all that surrounds it--if LE missed a bone and defense saw it...

Baden did make a good point imo, they know already that's it's Caylee by her teeth.
DNA wasn't available until 1989 and they identified bodies all the time.

but in the same token---- if they were to come out right now and say that defense would be all over it because what good is that with out DNA---they are just whinning---they only filled out forms for autospy--not crime scene..problem is they want everything---they need time to spin....

who in there right mind would go against the FBI experts????

it was mentioned a wee bit in the hearing--by the mrs. k-b----so you know where they are coming for...she also mentioned that perhaps her team to help suggest something or antoher...then went back to "observe"---she really appeared to be quite condeseding ---I still would have loved to hear what they all were talking about after the hearing around the defense table...the SA guy would go over--then walk away shaking his head like wth...

Originally Posted by Meemom
And, has anyone yet verified that Caylee ever saw a dentist, to have records to compare? I have a 2 yr old gd that has been, due to speech problems, but her 4 yr sister hasn't been yet, no problems-will go in spring before pre-k.

I posted the same thing a page back. I seriously doubt IMO that Caylee had been to a dentist. Even if she did have her first appt. I doubt x-rays of her teeth were taken. My daughter is 3.5 and just went at age 3 when her pedi recommended a visit. She had a cleaning/fluoride and that is it..no x-rays. I have many friends and have never heard of X-rays being done at toddler dental appts, unless there is a problem. JMO.

Most pedi's say age 3 for first visits, some say 2 etc.

They said they could compare the teeth on the skull with PICTURES of Caylee. They could put an overlay of the skull's teeth over Caylee's smiling photographs to match up the teeth. Dental records and X-rays not needed. With computers, they can do practically anything.

Well I am good with LE's decision to NOt allow anyone from the defence team to observe the site where Caylee was found. Like another poster said, they are lying when they say they just want to observe......BS! They would be objecting to this and to that, wanting to take every little procedure, person, before the judge. Or they would try to discredit LE at trial.
From what I understand it is normal procedure for the ME to do the autopsy alone, and for LE alone to process a crime scene. No good reason to change things for KC's sake and set a precident to boot.
I SAY KEEP THEM OUT LE.

By the way, a poster said that Dr. Lee had tampered with evidence in the past, if that is true why is he in any courtroom?? I would think that would be it, game over, for an expert in any field to be proven to have been dishonest, even criminal. Right????

this case is a

SLAM DUNK

plain as day - these defense atty's are as bad as the family members living in denial

i dont think i have ever seen a case that as simple as this one

I thought Spector was a slam dunk.

Not so. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics