Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you JLZ.
But, I'm still left wondering: Does GBC have a non-parole period at the moment, or is that yet to be set - if at all? What are the parole conditions likely to be? There's been mention of factors such as remorse etc - which many feel are unlikely to happen. But, surely freedom would be a powerful motivation for an admission of guilt - or not????

Trooper, I remember clearly you predicting GBC would take the stand weeks before he did. I was thrilled when he did. I knew (and so did you) that it would be his downfall.

that was such a terrific moment, when , against all the odds and I will believe to my dying day, against all the legal advice available to him , he shrugged it all off and walked to the stand.

Well. I cried with joy when he did that. Because he was a man who lost all restraint when the opportunity to perform came his way. Gerard loves an audience, and his default position is that every one else is a fool, only he has the goods, but his ace card was his utter immovable faith that he , and only he , not his barrister, not his sister, not Bwana , only Gerard had the brains, the charm , the guts, the sheer irresistible capacity to weave a story and make it believable.

Of course, the reality was, , always was, he didn't have any of these attributes. None of them. He is a man completely fooled by his own public relations. There would be quite a few folk in Brisbane who would have recognised the scammer that they knew as Gerard in the dock those days.. all the women he played, all the men he snookered.

Those long hours when he was telling the jury, well. .. he was supposed to be telling the jury , but I suspect Gerard had an imaginary audience in view, about his 'hard , hard work ' in the early years of his marriage, he was only stopped from breastfeeding due to impracticality, but he did everything else, folks. Yes, Gerard, the Slave, and then there was Gerard the Genius, and Gerard the Mediator, and Gerard the Businessman Extraordinaire.... One never knew which Gerard it would be from sentence to sentence...

But the general overall impression, once it was all boiled down was, Gerard was a pig. a Pig of a man, a pig of a father, a pig of a extramarital squeeze, a pig of a businessman, a pig of a driver, even. There wasn't anything left after that inevitable conclusion was reached. Now he can be a pig of a prisoner, and I bet he is, too. Hard times for the rest of the blokes in that prison, because Gerard has 20 years or more to corner them and tell his tale again, and again, and again, and again, and.. but you get my drift.....

With the level of bankruptcy GBC was facing, I am sure he is happy to have a roof over his head. How much tax has it cost to us to put him there? *advertiser censored**hole.

OH how pleased am I to see he got his just desserts.
:happydance::jail::jail::jail::happydance:

Good to see you here with the rest of the gang Jane. Doesn't it feel wonderful that justice has finally been served?

Crims arent allowed to make money from their crimes, are they?

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

No they're not BreakingNews but that doesn't stop the family from profiting from Allison's murder. Elaine Baden-Clay alluded to wanting to write a book a while back. I wouldn't be surprised if she is already onto her second draft into her side of the story. I remember we suggested that her book should be titled Feet Of Clay. :floorlaugh: And it will probably have a purple cover! Gawd it pissed me off when the Clay's would turn up to court dressed in purple purely to counteract the effect of Allison's family wearing yellow in support of her. What kind of imbecile does that? It's ok, I know the answer!

Hey all!
Good to see familiar faces today!:drumroll:

I feel a bit emotional. I think that nobody will ever make such an arse of themselves and testify the way GBC did, ever again. Through showing his true character, by testifying, he has made an example of what an Insurance Salesman's son with a pathology of greed might be capable of. Fathers of sociopaths will never let their sons make the same mistake. Nigel was asleep at the wheel, with his womenfolk swathed in purple oscillating around him. It has all been bizarre and may the lovely Allison know we are all embracing her.

Hey Poss, good to see you here. I remember all of your kind and thought provoking posts throughout this case. To me you are such a kind and gentle soul and it was a pleasure to be with you on this heartbreaking journey. You even named one of your possums after me and I feel very honoured. :hug:

Thank you JLZ.
But, I'm still left wondering: Does GBC have a non-parole period at the moment, or is that yet to be set - if at all? What are the parole conditions likely to be? There's been mention of factors such as remorse etc - which many feel are unlikely to happen. But, surely freedom would be a powerful motivation for an admission of guilt - or not????

GBC not eligible for parole until 2027.

Justice Byrne at initial hearing, warned the parole board in very strong terms, about GBC not being completely honest & not having taken court into his confidence (or words to that effect) AND that for parole to be considered GBC would need to have taken responsibility for his actions AND show remorse.

At the time of GBC initial sentencing for murder, life imprisonment didn't mean 'for the term one's natural life' in Queensland Criminal Code.

Each State in Australia has their own separate Criminal laws.

Would need one of our WS Legal Eagles to clarify how many years it could have been for GBC for murder. Please.

I seem to remember that the penalties were increased following GBC 's conviction.... Or it might have been Daniel Morecombe's murderer (Cowan) .......But obviously not applied retrospectively.

People who love possums are just people. They still live and breathe full-time in the corporate world. GBC's reptilian characteristics are chilling. But reptiles survive gaol. It was an honour to name an orphan after you. You were the bestest moderator!
Hey Poss, good to see you here. I remember all of your kind and thought provoking posts throughout this case. To me you are such a kind and gentle soul and it was a pleasure to be with you on this heartbreaking journey. You even named one of your possums after me and I feel very honoured. :hug:

What do you have in mind? A celebrity biography?

They are bad seeds.
Who knows maybe that 60 minutes programme the oldies did might come out of mothballs.
If there is money to be made they'll think of it. Let's face it their golden boy has fleeced them out of their home.

They might reinact that morning for a couple of $K or give another Grannie pash. (Sickening display)
Olivia might chew on her bottom lip again
Dunno.
Simply bad news people.

2027 is not that far away. I am dreading that he will be back in town and may even contact the girls...

Yes it will fly in a heartbeat but rest assured whilst Allison's friends and family still draw breath they will fight it till the end.

Biggest mistake GBC made was testifying. So full of himself that he insisted being in the box. I will forever remember his demeanor and bs

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

My avatar is for you Gerbil.....pigs *advertiser censored*se!! May your nights be a continuous repeat of the night you took Allisons life and the filthy lies you and you family told.

May you get a good dose of the runs.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the conditions of his achieving bail would be no contact with the daughters.. they may make this stipulation themselves.. It must be a worry to Gerard that as they get older, they may remember that night waking up and finding themselves all alone in the house, mum and dad both gone. .

Because he did leave them there alone while he dumped Alison's body. It was Gerard's overacting being offended that it would be suggested that he would do such a thing that was the clue that he actually did that. He didn't like people knowing that he would do such a thing. Even he knew it was not the 'right thing'..

What a family they are. Olivia is just as likely to write a book about Christian problems , like having a brother imprisoned for murdering his wife , and how to overcome this inconvenience. . No doubt, Bwana will insert the lessons he 'learned' about the whole shindig into his 'Longer Better Marriage' counselling sessions. The Bro in Law will forbid the congregation from reading newspapers or listening to radio or TV again as he did before on pain of excommunication... life will jog along for them, they have the hide of rhino's. A pack of rhino's. Any family that could think up the crazed and crude idea of competing with a bereaved family by dressing in purple every day in court has not much going for it.

Lizards
It wouldn't surprise me if one of the conditions of his achieving bail would be no contact with the daughters.. they may make this stipulation themselves.. It must be a worry to Gerard that as they get older, they may remember that night waking up and finding themselves all alone in the house, mum and dad both gone. .

Because he did leave them there alone while he dumped Alison's body. It was Gerard's overacting being offended that it would be suggested that he would do such a thing that was the clue that he actually did that. He didn't like people knowing that he would do such a thing. Even he knew it was not the 'right thing'..

What a family they are. Olivia is just as likely to write a book about Christian problems , like having a brother imprisoned for murdering his wife , and how to overcome this inconvenience. . No doubt, Bwana will insert the lessons he 'learned' about the whole shindig into his 'Longer Better Marriage' counselling sessions. The Bro in Law will forbid the congregation from reading newspapers or listening to radio or TV again as he did before on pain of excommunication... life will jog along for them, they have the hide of rhino's. A pack of rhino's. Any family that could think up the crazed and crude idea of competing with a bereaved family by dressing in purple every day in court has not much going for it.

Big thank you to 'Change.org' for their part too. Everyone would have received their email today saying:

After you, and more than 121,000 people signed a Change.org petition last year to demand the QLD government appeal the downgrading of the murder conviction for Gerard Baden Clay – today, the appeal has been successful.

Family and friends of Allison are in tears down at the High Court. The man that killed a loving mum will serve a life sentence in prison.

Allison's friend also had this to say about the campaign for justice you were a part of: "Despite many Queenslanders being labelled as ignorant when they protested the downgrade to manslaughter, the common sense of the original jury has prevailed and justice for Allison has finally been realised. The ignorance it seems lay elsewhere."

One woman is killed every week in Australia from domestic violence and violence against women. You've helped take a stand against this violence – and helped win justice for Allison's family.

With the level of bankruptcy GBC was facing, I am sure he is happy to have a roof over his head. How much tax has it cost to us to put him there? *advertiser censored**hole.

Money well spent to have off the streets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back