Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is being reported on CNN now.

Oh, I so hope this was not a terrorist event. This is not sounding good.

---------------------------

They are reporting: Two pilots, one left the cockpit and when went to return to cockpit the door was locked. He knocked lightly on door at first, then began beating on the door and then tried to break it down. He never got back into the cockpit.

1.) Intentional act on part of pilot left in cockpit.

2.) Pilot in cockpit incapacitated by illness?

Commentators are saying it is very unusual that only one person was in cockpit. Normally, even with only one pilot flying, normally a flight attendant would be in the cockpit while the second pilot was out of it.

“The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door and there is no answer,” the investigator said. “And then he hits the door stronger and no answer. There is never an answer.”

He said, “You can hear he is trying to smash the door down.”

"We don’t know yet the reason why one of the guys went out,” said the official, who requested anonymity because the investigation is continuing. "But what is sure is that at the very end of the flight, the other pilot is alone and does not open the door."

from above link

So I wonder how long after the crash they were at the residents of the pilots, that have not been named.

Oh damx, with no pilot names given, I was kind of expecting something like this. smh

I've followed, but haven't commented till now.

The news from this afternoon is completely horrifying! All these poor souls... heart wrenching.

WHERE WAS THE COPILOT? <scratch that, I was asking that leading to speculation that many of us already have)

THIS IS INSANE.

Ugh. I really hope the pilot left in the cockpit didn't make the selfish, disgusting choice to kill everyone with him because he was unhappy.

Just got an alert on my phone. NY Times reporting that one pilot was locked out of the cockpit at moment of collision. Trying to link from my phone.

Sorry, can't find a link as it just showed up as a breaking news alert on my phone. Trying to find the info elsewhere to verify.

Correct! There's something going on in my opinion only. Started w 370 to This fateful flight. Hope I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the pilots still come out of the cabin after reaching cruising altitude and walk the isle and talk to the passengers, that's what I remember, it's been years since I've flown. I thought of that in relationship to the time the no contact with ground control. Maybe then the one that stayed did the lock out knowing it would only be minutes.

Sounds deliberate to me. I would be shocked if a medical event (heart attack, stroke, etc) because they had just reached cruise altitude, and last communication with the ATC was confirming they were to remain at 38,000ft. No plausible reason to put it into an auto 3500 ft/min descent that would align with a medical event, IMHO.

How awful. And the passengers definitely would have been aware something was wrong as they are descending and the locked out pilot is basically trying to smash the cockpit door down. :'(

With these new developments, I would think the passengers were probably very well aware of what was happening. I wonder if anyone was able to get out a text or phone message before the crash?

Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html?_r=0
OMG. Thank you for linking this article. In our efforts to protect the cockpit from terrorists since 9/11, the airline industry seems to have done an outstanding job. So much so, that a pilot could not re-enter the cockpit and was locked out. How do we fix this issue? So that the pilots, crew and passengers stay safe, but also have access in the rare occurrence that something like this happens?

With all the security technology available, is it possible to have iris recognition or thumbprint recognition or a "code of the day" that could allow pilots not in the cockpit to re-enter securely? Oh, this just furthers the tragedy. So so sad.

Thanks again to all for their links and posts.

Hmmm interesting development. I initially suspected that one pilot left to use the lavatory and somehow a depressurization occurred during that time that rendered them hypoxic. The mystery deepens. Also, I was away all day and wondering why the previous posts on fume events were deleted? What'd I miss?

Are we talking purposeful fly plane into ground
wow wow wow wow
wow wow wow wow
wow wow wow wow
guys

Yes and what a remote area to crash. Only reached by helicopter . I'll eat my words if it's not terrorism. IMO only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my comment is out of line,I will remove.With everything that is going on in the world I wonder if they did not release any of the pilots names because one may have been muslim.Sorry if it offends.

ok i am trying to get up off the ground

wow is all i have to utter

wow

kinda needy now what is going on for you all this is purpose? pls reply I am numb never crossed my mind and I was much "better" with figuring out other stuff

just stunned here

help

If indeed it was a terrorist act, I would have thought the terrorist group would have taken credit by now. Now I am wondering if this was pilot suicide, a medical event or something else untoward.

On these short flights, does a Flight Engineer fly with the pilot and co-pilot? Also, the airline has only mentioned one pilot, having 10 years experience and 6000 hours of flight time on the A320. I have seen no mention of the other pilot. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member