Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good point...wonder how long he had been thinking about this? Like you pointed out, the right opportunity would have to arise for this. What would be the chances the pilot happened to go to the restroom and he made a snap judgment to crash the plane? There has to be some clue, some hidden nugget in his life that investigators will find.
JMO-Or it could have been a sociopath that decided to (allegedly) murder 149 innocent people, just because he wanted to.

I wonder if he's been waiting for this opportunity. He needs the other pilot to go to the bathroom. That flight wasn't long enough to ensure "potty time". I wonder if he made sure the pilot had a nice coffee before they left???? Really disturbing

I have pndered this too - like was it he will just do it whenever the chance happens, had been waiting for months or two days ago did he decide - I hope his computer is enlightening - but lived with his parents at times and seems he might want to say something to them , or we might find a long mental health history.

The start and stop vocationially can certainly be a result of mental illiness, and decompensation when an indicudual gets stressed, or was there in patient placement in his history. No judgements here, but living at home at 28 might be indicative of needing support of some sort as it relates to mental illiness, taking meds correctly etc etc jmo

It also sttruck me as working around 35 hours a month might be a choice in terms of "maintaing " self . The offshoot airlines dont promise certain flying time - they just pay you when you conduct a flight..............they bid for flights..................so in a way it seems like he might have chosen to only bid for a few segments a month...

I felt the same way in AUst got involved in MAL 370 - what a differance from AMerica. The pressers were awesome - same with a candian story. Officials seemed to want to answer questions honestly, here in america for the first month (whole place here is afraid of lawsuit) ya no comment no commnet

the Brice guy this AM was awesome, so IMO , I think they will release, if they find it. But it also seems like they would have been loocking for online terror activity in this day and age and it did not seem like they found a guy who liked planes, music, etc etc

I suppose we will learn more when the go throu his computer from his house!

BBM ~ You think he had a flight simulator? I am not sure if this was planned for a long time or not. Crashing into the Alps would be easy, no?

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/germanwings-fakten-ueber-co-pilot-andreas-l-a-1025760.html

What interrupted Andreas L. his training in 2009? Lufthansa CEO Spohr relied on medical confidentiality, which applies equally beyond death. In L. suitability was then found again, he had continued the training.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-4U-9525-s-youngest-victim.html#ixzz3VV3XWYrn

"A schoolmate of Lubitz told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung that he had taken a break because of depression.

The woman said: 'Apparently he had burnout, he was in depression.' "

Ok so he had depression to the point where it incapacitated him. That right there is a dis-qualifier (from the list of disqualifying medical conditions)or at least something that needed to be be highly scrutinized and watched.

I have pndered this too - like was it he will just do it whenever the chance happens, had been waiting for months or two days ago did he decide - I hope his computer is enlightening - but lived with his parents at times and seems he might want to say something to them , or we might find a long mental health history.

The start and stop vocationially can certainly be a result of mental illiness, and decompensation when an indicudual gets stressed, or was there in patient placement in his history. No judgements here, but living at home at 28 might be indicative of needing support of some sort as it relates to mental illiness, taking meds correctly etc etc jmo

Really the only thing I can speak to is this: It is not unusual for someone in their late 20's (single) to still live at home in Europe. It just isn't. It's been that way for a long time. And JMO, but that is particularly true in Germany and Italy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-4U-9525-s-youngest-victim.html#ixzz3VV3XWYrn

"A schoolmate of Lubitz told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung that he had taken a break because of depression.

The woman said: 'Apparently he had burnout, he was in depression.' "

Ok so he had depression to the point where it incapacitated him. That right there is a dis-qualifier (from the list of disqualifying medical conditions)or at least something that needed to be be highly scrutinized and watched.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/...pilot-andreas-lubitz-suffered-from-depression

They say he passed all later psychological tests and was deemed safe to fly. I wonder what the tests are and how rigorous they are.

The co-pilot Germanwings passenger jet that crashed into the French Alps had to stop his pilot training in 2009 because he was depressed and suffering "burnout".

Andreas Guenter Lubitz paused his training with German flag-carrier Lufthansa for several months because of his psychological issues, neighbours and friends have told Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.

The mother of a schoolmate of Lubitz said her daughter had seen Lubitz just before Christmas and that he appeared normal.

She described the 28-year-old pilot, from Montabaur, Rheinland Pfalz in Germany, as a "lovely boy" who "had a good family background" but that six years ago he was struggling.

"Apparently he had a burnout, he was in depression," the unnamed mother said.

Lubitz was at the controls as Germanwings flight 4U 9524 descended from 38,000 feet into the side of the mountain, while his captain Patrick Sonderheimer desperately tried to re-enter the cockpit.

The plane's black box appears to show that, although the captain punched the emergency number into the cockpit door to gain entry, the co-pilot inside then relocked the door.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/...-suffered-from-depression#Cx5pZiFm17zmFJVG.99

He was burned out at 22 years old? There was the red flag right there.

Really the only thing I can speak to is this: It is not unusual for someone in their late 20's (single) to still live at home in Europe. It just isn't. It's been that way for a long time. And JMO, but that is particularly true in Germany and Italy.

Ok, then why have an apartment in Dusseldorf also?

Ok, then why have an apartment in Dusseldorf also?
Easy. One might be for work days, the other for relaxing, convenience. Mom might still cook for him, do all his laundry, etc. Not getting into whether this is good or not, it just often is. Especially in places like Germany and Italy. :)
It's possible a guy might live like this until married, and then get a permanent place.

It might be because he was based out of Dusseldorf for his flight schedules. It's not uncommon for flight crew to share apts with a few others and then go "home" (to parents house) when he was not scheduled to fly.

I remember talking to a psychologist (or maybe it was a psychiatrist), but anyway I remember being told that the mid to late 20's can be a time when certain mental illnesses manifest. Depression/anxiety as one example. He was 28 so if he had any propensity toward Depression, it could have occurred and it could have happened in between any psychological testing. I assume we'll never really *know* the why he did what he did, but so far officials seem confident this is not connected to terrorism.

The Independent understands as Sondenheimer despite widely being reported as S., had flown with Lufthansa for ten years, according to reliable German sources.He had flown with Germanwings since May 2014, having previously piloted aircrafts for Lufthansa and Condor. There are alarm systems which indicate to all those on board the proximity of the ground and then we hear noises of the door trying to be broken into.

This makes sense, the captain would certainly know what the ground proxmity warning sounds like. How chilling, he knows when it goes off its bad news. It is also very lound. It yells "pullup pullup terrain" (there is a older one too) and keeps screaming it till you do something or crash - flight attendents would know what is happening too. here are some exaamples of the GPWS alarms.

https://www.freesound.org/people/guitarguy1985/sounds/57809/

https://www.freesound.org/people/milton./sounds/94194/

https://www.freesound.org/people/KIZILSUNGUR/sounds/203542/

link!
https://www.freesound.org/search/?q=gpws

I have listened to many CVR where this goes until impact............... I have always been amazed, in so many instances, that crew just don't do anything and then you hear impact/recording end or, read:

10:24 08:Sound of intial impact (end of recording).

http://www.independent.co.uk//news/...in-on-board-crashed-flight-a320-10135934.html

major building fire in NY

It is also not unusual for some mental disorders to take time for diagnosis as certain behaviors have to be occur and be observed and reported. It is not unusual for someone who has an underlying mental disorder to have it exacerbate to a degree that it is becoming a real problem and being noticed at his age. Then again, there are cases of someone murdering someone or committing suicide over unrequited love, money problems, reprimand at work or school, and many other reasons.

I keep thinking of that poor captain trying to break back into the cockpit. I can only imagine what his last moments were like.

I remember talking to a psychologist (or maybe it was a psychiatrist), but anyway I remember being told that the mid to late 20's can be a time when certain mental illnesses manifest. Depression/anxiety as one example. He was 28 so if he had any propensity toward Depression, it could have occurred and it could have happened in between any psychological testing. I assume we'll never really *know* the why he did what he did, but so far officials seem confident this is not connected to terrorism.

and depression can be the first problem noted and diagnosed in what turns out to be more severe disorders.

No I didn't get that sense either so my point earlier stands - there would be very little possibility of a second person in the cockpit reversing that process

If the captain continues to try to put in his emergency access code, the rogue pilot in the cockpit but keep hitting the lock switch to prevent entry. A second person in the cockpit can either prevent this, or manually open the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic