Germany - American woman dead after man ‘throws two tourists off bridge’ at German castle - 14 June 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The two victims and the suspect reportedly stayed at the same hotel in Munich and were on the same day trip by coach to the Neuschwanstein Castle. Just how did the suspect expect to get away with it if he had to ride the same bus back to his hotel as the victims? According to reports he refuses to talk to investigators. Witnesses saw he had bloody scratches on his face when he was led away.

An American tourist who miraculously survived after being thrown 165 feet off a cliff during a sight-seeing trip to Germany's 'Cinderella' castle was saved from almost certain death by a fallen tree, new footage of her rescue appears to show.

Police believe the 22-year-old woman was thrown over the edge after she tried to intervene when her friend was attacked by another US national - a 30-year-old man.

Her 21-year-old friend, also American, was also thrown down the cliff, but sadly died.

The video filmed by tourists at the main entrance to the famous Neuschwanstein Castle shows German mountain rescuers being lowered down from a helicopter to where the two women landed next to each other - half-way down the steep cliff.

One of the women, who appears to be wearing a light blue top, can be seen moving around next to a fallen tree, some way down the steep slope. The fallen tree is right at the top of a sheer drop down a much steeper portion of the cliff.

Both women were airlifted to hospital, where the 21-year-old was pronounced dead. Were it not for the fallen tree, it appears that her friend would have likely also died.

I keep getting this terribly sad thought the lady who survived was calling out and trying to get a reaction from her friend as she was close to her. Yet with no response she maybe knew deep down she had passed away. Heart-wrenching so much for her.

The two victims and the suspect reportedly stayed at the same hotel in Munich and were on the same day trip by coach to the Neuschwanstein Castle. Just how did the suspect expect to get away with it if he had to ride the same bus back to his hotel as the victims?

Probably planned to kill them both, throwing them from that cliff and then pretend it was an accident.

The victims have been publicly identified:

Eva Liu, a computer science graduate of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign was identified as the American woman killed in Germany
Her friend Kelsey Chang, 22, survived the fall when a fallen tree arrested her plunge and is expected to be discharged from hospital Friday

According to the University instagram page, Eva was from Canada. She had an identical twin.

Last edited:
Videos mentioned above in this news report, together with a police interview:

According to LE, the second victim only suffered minor injuries in the attack. A couple of witnesses have already come forward, but the police is making an appeal for anyone who was in the area between 2 and 3pm yesterday. Due to German privacy laws, the police would not confirm the nationality of the victims, only of the attacker.

Today's article says the second victim was also thrown 165 feet into the ravine and is in critical condition after a harrowing rescue. Of course the article could be wrong - I hope so. But "being discharged" and "in critical condition" seem to contradict each other. I hope she did get stopped by a tree (but surely that would have created some injuries?)

So awful. Assailant apparently led them onto a footpath that led to a view point, under the guise of being helpful.

IMO

Germany have very strict privacy laws regarding naming suspects

Edit- Adding quote from the DM

The students were allegedly attacked by a man identified only as Troy B, from Lincoln Park, Michigan, who now faces murder charges and will not be extradited from Germany.

Last edited:
So far it has only been revealed that he is a US tourist and arrived in Germany this month. (June 2023) Source
German Police are asking for anyone with pictures from that day potentially showing victims and/or perpetrator to upload them here.
Yeah, this is helpful.

Specifically, it's end of your source above that starts to fill in the blanks:

"der im Juni nach Deutschland gekommen sein soll, bereits vor dem Ermittlungsrichter zum Fall geäußert."

which translates to:

"who is said to have come to Germany in June, already commented on the case before the investigating judge."

Here, Merkur.de means the judge in Kempten District Court where there 30-year-old American finally spoke to authorities. BTW, the coming to Germany in June as a tourist is no surprise, since that is the beginning busy European travel season just after many American college students finish the spring semester and many graduate.

I wanted to come back to your point the photos and videos. Yeah, that is a good investigative technique by the Kempten police. But since we won't get access to these (unless they are otherwise made public), then I wanted to go over what we already have.

Let me paste in a still from the video that has been made public along with, what looks to me, to be a similar cap:

30-year-old-American_suspect-wearing-what-appears-to-be-a-Wario-cap.png

Yeah, my reference on the right doesn't have white mesh back like his, and his cap is either a dirty yellow or tan in the front, but that looks to me like a "Wario", the evil "Mario", cap. And if my guess is right, he appears to be color coordinated, with his blue shirt and jeans matching the blue of the "W" on his cap.

According to the article below, the suspect didn't have a criminal record.

Also, with automatic translation:

Little is known about the perpetrator and his motive. According to Bild, a former friend from his native Michigan describes him as "introverted, shy, quiet and a little quirky". According to neighbors, he lived with his brother.
The two were often gone "for several weeks", allegedly because they "worked in oil fields".

The two victims and the suspect reportedly stayed at the same hotel in Munich and were on the same day trip by coach to the Neuschwanstein Castle. Just how did the suspect expect to get away with it if he had to ride the same bus back to his hotel as the victims? According to reports he refuses to talk to investigators. Witnesses saw he had bloody scratches on his face when he was led away.

He could have chosen not to ride the coach back. Plenty of other ways to get to Munich, and maybe he had all his stuff with him anyway.

He could have chosen not to ride the coach back. Plenty of other ways to get to Munich, and maybe he had all his stuff with him anyway.
According to the updated DailyMail news report he didn’t stay in Munich, but in the town of Oberstdorf.

“The suspect, who travelled to the country at the start of June and was staying at a boarding house in Oberstdorf, had allegedly tempted the women with a view commonly used in selfies, before he began his assault.”

DailyMail originally reported that they stayed at the same hotel in Munich but this seems to have been corrected since. Newspaper Bild also reported him to have stayed in Oberstdorf.

The suspect seems very private. Although his fb friend list is public, he only posted two photos (both on the same day in 2019), a profile picture of himself with a sibling, taken in Japan and a cover photo, which is an aerial view of a big city (also possibly in Japan).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back