Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What was the drama on FB group? Was Thursday the last report of a sighting of him?
Yes, Thursday was the last sighting (unless there have been more not covered by the press).
I don’t think I‘m allowed to quote FB comments here. Basically, there are several disputes over people speculating and not showing respect for the family‘s feelings. Someone attacked volunteers, saying they are full of themselves and should get a life, thinking some ideas are stupid such as calling for a psychic or searching homeless shelters and they should get a grip and accept reality. Some of the volunteers didn‘t take that well and it got ugly.

Yes, Thursday was the last sighting (unless there have been more not covered by the press).
I don’t think I‘m allowed to quote FB comments here. Basically, there are several disputes over people speculating and not showing respect for the family‘s feelings. Someone attacked volunteers, saying they are full of themselves and should get a life, thinking some ideas are stupid such as calling for a psychic or searching homeless shelters and they should get a grip and accept reality. Some of the volunteers didn‘t take that well and it got ugly.
I saw these comments. There’s always someone wanting to stir the pot. Trash talk and fake profiles. I’m thankful for the translations though, so I could read what was going on. So disrespectful to the family and all those helping to find Liam.

This is so sad, i still can't believe they didn't find him and all the sightings didn't get to nothing, if he is ok how is he not seeing posters of him or trying to go to police?

This is so sad, i still can't believe they didn't find him and all the sightings didn't get to nothing, if he is ok how is he not seeing posters of him or trying to go to police?

It is very sad indeed I feel for the pain and suffering caused to Liam’s loved ones.

I think the only sighting that is 100% confirmed is in the first hour after splitting from the group where he was seen on CCTV...the one near the Church and G+J building.

The other sightings and possible hits with sniffer dogs somehow seem to me to be less substantial...less definitive.

I hope the family gets some answers soon because, as they always say, "the not knowing" is the worst.

https://www.facebook.com/findliam/posts/2104768546434086

Update.

Liam is still missing but we are working tirelessly to find him. We have local groups on the ground in Hamburg and the surrounding areas that are continuing their great work distributing posters and flyers. They will be appearing tonight at the Erasure concert and again tomorrow at the Franz Ferdinand concert. Eamonn, Liams brother, will be a guest voice on Radio Hamburg tomorrow to emphasise our continued effort and hope to find Liam. There has also been some work on creating a new Poster, this can be found here. Please remain vigilant and continue to spread awareness. We are ever thankful for your hard work and dedication to bring Liam home to his friends and family

Unfortunately there is just so much water in and around Hamburg. If he ended up in the river it could have taken his body well down stream, maybe even out to sea, or at least well beyond where the search is being undertaken. It seems increasingly possible that his body will not be found.

Unfortunately there is just so much water in and around Hamburg. If he ended up in the river it could have taken his body well down stream, maybe even out to sea, or at least well beyond where the search is being undertaken. It seems increasingly possible that his body will not be found.

Regrettably, I agree. As the days go by, my hope wanes. However, I think the date of the wedding is central to this puzzle. When was it supposed to take place; this coming weekend?

Did he pay upfront for the stag party at the bar? How much cash did he have on his person? What connection if any does Liam have to Hamburg? Scour his SM accts and any laptops desktops etc. I have read zero of PC forensics on Liam's devices at home. Who was he in contact w in Hamburg? Who was he messaging etc? Without any family or friend stating he had at a thing for this future bride, it is rumor, conjecture; and unacceptable. If he is voluntary missing, he arranged it from home.

I love Franz Ferdinand and I wish Liam were safe and sound and home w family and loved ones. I feel he was abducted.
Cherry, Do you have any ideas about who would want to abduct Liam?

I love Franz Ferdinand and I wish Liam were safe and sound and home w family and loved ones. I feel he was abducted.

Why would a postman from Scotland be an abduction target?

Some cases are mysterious, this one isn't.

I went to Hamburg on a stag do and one of my friends went missing for around 4/5 hours. When he turned up he barely remembered where he'd even been because he was so drunk when he went missing. He was also renowned for disappearing and then reappearing hours later, so we weren't too worried. We were also in the centre of Hamburg, so away from water, and it was August, so it wasn't cold. He had a knack of finding his way home from places when he was drunk and had done it numerous times before.

People go missing when they're drunk all the time, usually they're found but occasionally they run into trouble. Liam was near water and it was freezing cold on the night he went missing. He's also been missing for nearly 3 WEEKS.

The likelihood of him being alive is very low.

I said I didn't want this to go on like Lar's disappearance have yet, here we are. The next month on :(

If we go with the theory that he fell into the river or is lying somewhere deceased in a bush we would have to say that three search dogs were completely wrong. I know they aren't infallible but I always thought this applies more to not finding a scent (due to weather, contamination of search area, too much time passed, etc). But here we have three dogs who all indicated that they did find his scent and followed it for hours. Can they be that wrong? Is it possible for them to misidentify a scent, and if so how often does this happen? I don't know the answer to that. Maybe someone who knows more about these talented animals can share their opinion.

If we go with the theory that he fell into the river or is lying somewhere deceased in a bush we would have to say that three search dogs were completely wrong. I know they aren't infallible but I always thought this applies more to not finding a scent (due to weather, contamination of search area, too much time passed, etc). But here we have three dogs who all indicated that they did find his scent and followed it for hours. Can they be that wrong? Is it possible for them to misidentify a scent, and if so how often does this happen? I don't know the answer to that. Maybe someone who knows more about these talented animals can share their opinion.

Extremely unlikely for all three to misidentify a scent.

Since Liam was the one to make all the stag arrangements, is it possible he had some kind of surprise event that he slipped out from the club to arrange?
Wondering if he knew that everyone was about to leave and that is why he left the bar first, or if people left because Liam left?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back