Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not looking good but I'm remaining optimistic. Asleep somewhere and then found food? Could be. Blessings to Liam's family and friends.

Google maps images seem to be from autumn. Now, there are evergreen shrubs or conifers here and there but no foliage.

Yes I thought of that. I think there would still be enough plant material to cover a body from view.

A dead body could definitely be in there Elainera. It's winter time no one has their home windows opened or car windows opened. So they would not smell anything. In the winter temps the body would decompose slowly without much of a rotting smell.

I still think he is alive and in self imposed hiding. His brother would know why, but is most likely respecting Liam’s privacy on the issue. He will be found.
How I pray I am right. Time is of the essence.

First time I read this going over articles: In the Scottish Sun Newspaper.

The hounds first detected his whiff in Baumwall — leading officers along the route where Liam was pictured on the CCTV images.
Police then switched their attention to Buxtehude after the alleged bakery sighting — where the pooches again picked up his scent.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...gan-hamburg-inverness-cctv-family-fresh-hope/

Well one thing is for sure; no lack of effort in the search for Liam!

To me, just watching from outside, it seems that the Hamburg police and public have put a lot of effort into the search for Liam. But his member of Parliament raised the issue in the Commons https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...olgan-mp-drew-hendry-hamburg-germany-stag-do/
asking for more resources. Normally an MP would only really speak up on a matter like this if the family had approached him. Seems to be more about the direction/focus which suggests maybe the family and the police have a different view of the priorities at this point. I am absolutely sure the family is grateful for all the assistance they have received in Germany and I think the issue may also be more about whether the UK diplomats/officials in Germany are helping them enough. Just for a start the language barrier creates a major problem.

I think they are right to push for all the resources they can get, time is of the essence. I think it's possible that Liam for whatever reason (maybe some emotional/mental health crisis/head injury) isn't coming forward, but my head tells me the cold, the length of time and going missing when very inebriated predicts a tragic outcome. And we already know that he was falling over on CCTV so he was very vulnerable. I hope the sightings are true but they often prove to be unreliable.
If he was my relative or friend, I would be trying to recall maybe instances of where they might head to or what they have done in the past and try and apply it to this area, re-trace his steps literally and look at the scene through his eyes. What also concerns me is that maybe German beer/alcohol could be a bit stronger than perhaps Liam is used to? thereby leading to it being more than his system could cope with, as dotr showed above.
I hope the UK gets some resources out there quick to help the family and the Hamburg police. I don't want to bring up Madeleine McCann's case but it is very apparent that some families get a lot more help than others to find their missing loved ones.

I still think he is alive and in self imposed hiding. His brother would know why, but is most likely respecting Liam’s privacy on the issue. He will be found.
How I pray I am right. Time is of the essence.

I hope you're right, too. But, if this is the situation, it would behoove them to say so, before local interest is lost. There may be many people assuming that at this point, Liam is probably deceased and will later be found in the river; so now they're just checking the news for updates, rather than actively searching.
If there is anything pertinent that the family has not mentioned, I'll not understand how a bit of "privacy" could possibly supercede finding Liam safe; ASAP.

Helper is not a person of interest. I guess the video stills look like he‘s pulling him simply because Liam is drunk and stumbling. Liam fell twice and I guess the helper had to grab him tightly, so he doesn‘t fall over. Helping up drunk people is business as usual in this area on weekends, nothing suspicious about it. LE most probably saw more CCTV footage than these three stills and ruled him out as POI. I bet they only checked CCTV from this cam after the helper heard about Liam and alarmed LE.

Yes, LE surely has seen the entire uncropped footage and can easily discern whether he was being helped, or pulled. (Definitely cropped helper out of the publshed stills, to protect his privacy.) Although, I still don't know whether they've spoken with him or not.
I was thinking perhaps he may be a security guard? The G&J seems more like a compound, rather than just a building. Do you (cybervampira) know if there are any after-hours security guards patrolling the outside grounds?
Not that it really matters I guess. Just wondering.

If they've spoken with the helper, I wonder if Liam said anything; or if he seemed happy-drunk, or sad-drunk...
...even in just those three video stills, it is very apparent how unsteady he is, with wobbly knees. :(
This is just so sad.

I think Liam would be thrilled to know that Csaba Laszlo has made a video appeal to find him.
Liam :candle:

Yes, LE surely has seen the entire uncropped footage and can easily discern whether he was being helped, or pulled. (Definitely cropped helper out of the publshed stills, to protect his privacy.) Although, I still don't know whether they've spoken with him or not.
I was thinking perhaps he may be a security guard? The G&J seems more like a compound, rather than just a building. Do you (cybervampira) know if there are any after-hours security guards patroling the outside grounds?
Not that it really matters I guess. Just wondering.

If they've spoken with the helper, I wonder if Liam said anything; or if he seemed happy-drunk, or sad-drunk...
...even in just those three video stills, it is very apparent how unsteady he is, with wobbly knees. [emoji20]
This is just so sad.

I think Liam would be thrilled to know that Csaba Laszlo has made a video appeal to find him.
Liam :candle:
Yes, you’re right. The compound is massive, 88,000 square meters (approx. 950,000 sq ft).

I guess they probably have a night watch and alarm system / anti-burglary protection and maybe CCTV in the underground parking garage. I don‘t know if they actually have security guards patrolling outside.

Office complex seen from Elbe (south):
199760fff6c0b2e9c931ede98ef4f06d.jpg

View from St. Michael‘s church (north):
1710e8ea8d156fed0324d4bb5266cd8b.jpg

A 360° photo from Google Maps. Shows the Gruner + Jahr buildings from Michelwiese Park. You can click and drag to get a full 360° panoramic view. It starts out facing south. I believe the Portuguese Quarter would be to your right and the Church directly behind you.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5462857,9.9785623,3a,59.5y,123.32h,111.58t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipOOPksqKA4O2nbbPb6_3X3kB6bvSokXYqhdvysP!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOOPksqKA4O2nbbPb6_3X3kB6bvSokXYqhdvysP%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya187.26839-ro0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352

In all these possible sightings, I'm wondering why no one actually said "Are you Liam?" while they were serving or talking to the person? I think the chances are that most of the sightings are of other people, tourists with similar looks and from English-speaking countries.

If Liam wanted to get away for a while, doing it without money in a country where he can't speak the language doesn't seem very likely

In the cctv stills it looks like Liam tries to go one way and the person helping draws him back to the 'correct' direction, but how did they know which was the right direction to guide him? Has it been reported what was said between them during this encounter? It looks like Liam is listening to the other person saying something to him, so was the other person speaking English to him and were they able to converse at all?

While I would like to believe that he is still alive, the thing that concerns me greatly is that his debit and credit cards have not been used. Even if he was confused, he surely would've thought to use them to get something to eat or drink, or even a place to stay. I fear that he either succumbed to hypothermia or did end up in the river.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I would like to believe that he is still alive, the thing that concerns me greatly is that his debit and credit cards have not been used. Even if he was confused, he surely would've thought to use them to get something to eat or drink, or even a place to stay. I fear that he either succumbed to hypothermia or did end up in the river.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The odds are with this theory Kittybunny. You are right, it is unlikely he is still walking amongst us.
However....
If he were so incapacitated by drink, it is likely he lost his cards along the way, or had them lifted. Very likely. Although, one would think we would have seen attempts at using them?
The sitings are hopeful as well.

I'm still holding out hope Liam will be found alive. Logic suggests otherwise, but I believe in my heart there is still a chance. I've put in a special prayer for Liam and his brother this morning, asking for mercy in this situation.
Lord have Mercy, hear our prayer!

Are there any unoccupied boats by the water, if so, wondering if Liam might crawled into one.Thinking of his band Old Old Wooden Ship.
speculation.

As each day passes my heart full of hope is becoming depleted. I want him found, oh so much do I want him found for his dear family.

My two youngest lads 28 and 29 often go off abroad for a weekend with mates and I worry myself sick until they return to their homes safely.

Alcohol and bodies of water terrify me and I think that’s what the end result is going to be, I just hope I’m wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back