Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't stop thinking about Liam Colgan. Don't even know him, every time I put my phone away I always feel like I may miss an update. I just wish for his safe return. He must be alive somewhere. Just hoping and praying. Don't have any sleuth ideas but reading this and main fb page and reddit for sightings and hints. Come on Liam time to come home, the whole of Scotland and Germany and further afield are worried about you.

The church is a major tourist attraction with guided tours every day and roughly 1.5 mio. visitors per year, not likely he would go undetected there.
Panorama inside of church:
http://www.st-michaelis.de/panorama/index.html

churches have so many nooks and crannies... (says the woman with the degree in religious studies) I know, highly unlikely but just knowing it's been searched would be reassuring, esp. since he was scented there (although I know dogs are just a tool)...

I, too, feel a draw to Liam's plight. There is something so genuine about he and his family. It just tugs at the heartstrings IMO...

It says in the tweet "Cops have searched a church ..." which sounds like they did actually look around inside of it.

He most likely went there to ask for food or perhaps some guidance?

Going right back to the start of this thread:

[FONT=&amp]Liam is due to be best man at his brother Eamonn’s wedding in three weeks and loved ones are desperate to find him as soon as possible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/urgent-appeal-missing-scot-who-12007561

From this I understand that the wedding is not this coming weekend but the one after, but unless Liam turns up safe this weekend I don't think there will be any option but to cancel the wedding within the next few days. You have to hope the couple have cancellation insurance but I gather most don't bother with the additional expense.

Going right back to the start of this thread:

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/urgent-appeal-missing-scot-who-12007561

From this I understand that the wedding is not this coming weekend but the one after, but unless Liam turns up safe this weekend I don't think there will be any option but to cancel the wedding within the next few days. You have to hope the couple have cancellation insurance but I gather most don't bother with the additional expense.

Thank you for the reminder Sebastian. Although Liam is our focus, I'm sure the brother's bride-to-be must be in terrible anguish as well. I can't imagine. I'm still holding out hope that Liam will pop up just in time to set things back on course.
Liam, we are counting on you!

Something is very wrong w this case. Maybe it is a language barrier issue, IDK. I doubt he would intentionally put his family through something like this. Was the stag party fee paid in advance? Did he still owe a red cent to anyone in Hamburg and, why Hamburg? My inquiring mind. I don't think Liam CAN come forward. I hope,I'm wrong. xo

Something is very wrong w this case. Maybe it is a language barrier issue, IDK. I doubt he would intentionally put his family through something like this. Was the stag party fee paid in advance? Did he still owe a red cent to anyone in Hamburg and, why Hamburg? My inquiring mind. I don't think Liam CAN come forward. I hope,I'm wrong. xo

Gosh I sure hope you are wrong as well Cherry. I don't know. Logic tells me he has passed and will surface in the river. But some little niggling voice is telling me otherwise; that he is voluntarily missing. I just keep wondering if he was keeping up a brave front of some sort, but just fell apart. Seems like a matter of the heart.

All armchair amateur speculation and opinion!

I have been following this from start. Last night I had a thought just when I was about to fall asleep. 29 years old that means next birthday will be the big 3 0, It was about 30 years since I was 29 and I remember how old I felt and that my life was changing forever. I was single and no kids. Can it be a sort of midlife crisis, brother moving on getting married............I hope so.

I have been following this from start. Last night I had a thought just when I was about to fall asleep. 29 years old that means next birthday will be the big 3 0, It was about 30 years since I was 29 and I remember how old I felt and that my life was changing forever. I was single and no kids. Can it be a sort of midlife crisis, brother moving on getting married............I hope so.

This is lining up with my thinking as well. Sure hope our speculations are right! And yes, 3-0 is a big mental game.

Yes, a milestone birthday coming up but I don't think a man would get too wound up about being single and having no kids at that age. A woman, yes, because her fertility clock is ticking and her ability to conceive would start to fall dramatically after about 35. Not impossible, though, by a long chalk.

I know that a previous poster said there's no way Liam or the other members of the party would take drugs, but there's always a first time for everything. It's the sort of thing I can imagine someone trying out on the spur of the moment if he was offered something at the right moment.

Yes, a milestone birthday coming up but I don't think a man would get too wound up about being single and having no kids at that age. A woman, yes, because her fertility clock is ticking and her ability to conceive would start to fall dramatically after about 35. Not impossible, though, by a long chalk.

I know that a previous poster said there's no way Liam or the other members of the party would take drugs, but there's always a first time for everything. It's the sort of thing I can imagine someone trying out on the spur of the moment if he was offered something at the right moment.

I’m 33 and it bothered me being single with no children when I turned 30. I felt like I had nothing to show for living for 30 years. It still bothers me every birthday and I hate celebrating it.

I’m 33 and it bothered me being single with no children when I turned 30. I felt like I had nothing to show for living for 30 years. It still bothers me every birthday and I hate celebrating it.

Oh, OK. So maybe we should consider the possibility that he was despondent about his personal life if he is/was troubled by it.

Crossing fingers!
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...lice-sniffer-dogs-csaba-laszlo-dundee-united/
[h=1]‘Sighting’ of missing stag do Scot Liam Colgan LAST NIGHT prompts Hamburg cops to send in sniffer dogs[/h] Searches for the Inverness postie, 29, have been ongoing since he vanished on his brother’s stag do. Tens of thousands have joined an online campaign to help gather information on the whereabouts of Liam

Latest

By Jonathan Whitelaw

23rd February 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member