Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Something that fills me with some hope is that,as far as we know, no one has come forward to say the people in the sightings were either themselves or someone says they know who the person is and not Liam.

Has the roof of the bar been checked? The Sun link looks like the daily mail...no offense. Questionable reporting. Who saw him? Where? Does Liam have any mental health history, any prior break w reality?

Yep. I keep wondering if the guy who helped him, went to the police, which in turn they viewed the video from that camera...
or if the video was viewed, and the police tracked down the "helper"...
as usual only bits and pieces of info.
Eamonn is himself a policeman, and is right there in person -- and even HE probably isn't getting all of the pertinent facts.
Must be so very frustrating for him, and the family.

I agree that it might be helpful to get more information regarding the "helpful" guy...

:sleuth:

New images of missing Liam Colgan after Hamburg stag do are released

The family of Scot Liam Colgan have released photos of the first confirmed sighting since his disappearance during a stag weekend in Germany.
The CCTV images show the 29-year-old at a vehicle barrier of the G&J building in the Baumhall area of Hamburg at around 2.20am on Saturday, February 10.
The images show Liam, from Inverness, about an hour after the group he was with had last seen him in the Veermaster Bar.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...rg-stag-do-are-released/ar-BBJquOX?li=BBoPWjQ

(sorry if this is a repost)

JMO...

Never hurts to repost MSM articles...

sometimes we catch something we haven't "seen" before...

and it helps the posters just jumping into the thread!

:seeya:

Yes, it‘s just opposite (the Michelwiese Park in between). 5 minutes walk max.

Aha, thank you! So is it fair to say that that night Liam tried to get into a building, any building? Seeking shelter from the cold, seeking a place to lie down, or a bathroom, perhaps? I'm still wondering whether he tried to get into another building later that night and somehow got stuck in there, or maybe succumbed to the cold, or alcohol poisoning, etc.

I was just musing about all these sightings, and the mentioning of the man being confused. This prompted the family to speculate that Liam might have been injured and is now scared. But none of the sightings have mentioned him looking injured afaik. No wounds or bruises, or even a disheveled appearance (dirty clothes, for example) were mentioned. So I somehow doubt that it was Liam.

Nevertheless, I'm glad people keep calling police when they think they saw him!

MISSING Liam Colgan’s family fear German cops are ignoring clues, his MP claims — as another sighting of the postie proved a false lead.

The SNP’s Drew Hendry revealed relatives are worried the trail is running cold because the probe lacks the “right focus”.
And he claimed the 29-year-old’s loved ones “are clearly and rightly frustrated at the pace of progress”.

The Inverness MP added: “There doesn’t seem to have been the right focus on trying to track his movements and review material.

“Because the search area is now so wide, Liam could be more or less anywhere.

“Given the time that has elapsed, if he is in need of help then it will be very urgently needed at this stage.

“We believe not enough is being done to chase up the evidence and clues.”

His comments came after highly-trained sniffer dogs failed to pick up Liam’s scent as they probed a fresh sighting report in Hamburg on Thursday night.

Three search teams scoured an area around Johannes Brahms Platz.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...olgan-mp-drew-hendry-hamburg-germany-stag-do/

Seems the new sighting today has not led to any results :(

Straight away, This cctv area leads straight to the st Pauli piers and the very location of Timo kraus’s misahap. Very similar circumstances. Surely this needs to be the centre of any further search.

Going right back to the start of this thread:

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/urgent-appeal-missing-scot-who-12007561

From this I understand that the wedding is not this coming weekend but the one after, but unless Liam turns up safe this weekend I don't think there will be any option but to cancel the wedding within the next few days. You have to hope the couple have cancellation insurance but I gather most don't bother with the additional expense.

The wedding was already cancelled about a week ago.

Here‘s a good article on the problem with „false sightings“.
https://www.livescience.com/27094-dorner-false-sightings.html
[...]While some false sightings are pranks meant to get attention, most come from sincere eyewitnesses trying to help out. Elvis Presley-sighting jokes aside, these reports pose a real problem for police. It is not uncommon, especially in high-profile hunts for fugitives or missing persons, for dozens or hundreds of sightings to be reported to law enforcement. Police, of course, must treat all sightings and reports as potential leads; ignoring a valid tip might cost lives.

The many false sightings of Dorner were not unique. One of the most famous cases of false sightings occurred with the disappearance of a 3-year-old British girl named Madeleine McCann, last seen at a resort in Portugal in May 2007. Her presumed abduction made international news, and photos of McCann circulated widely as police and the girl's family hoped for tips from the public. This led to McCann being "sighted" in dozens of different places in Europe and around the world, from Belgium to Brazil, Australia to Africa, by eyewitnesses who reported the girl. [...]
I‘m afraid we have the same phenomena in this case. There‘s only one confirmed sighting (backed up by CCTV) and I think most (if not all) other sightings are wishful thinking or driven by some subconscious urge to rescue Liam. Then, Germany does not have a high percentage of red-haired people. Seeing a guy with red hair who shares similar features with Liam (doesn’t have to be a doppelganger) could get some people to call police.

I understand they have to take all reports seriously but I wouldn‘t be surprised if they turn out to be false.

I agree with Elainera regarding some points.

Unfortunately with sightings, people have good intentions and actually believe they saw the missing person, but actually saw someone that looks like Liam. If someone is responsible for another's disappearance, (this does not seem to be Liam's case) they call in most of the sightings to throw off law enforcement.

I believe the night of the party when he was inebriated he did try to find refuge some where. Subsequently fell asleep somewhere behind a building, a dumpster, someone's shed or garage with no heat. The low temperature in Hamburg on February 10th was 21 degrees F.

Also being in the condition he was in on the CCTV camera where a kind person helped him stand, means he was not able to walk very far from where he was last observed. If injured in that condition and fell asleep for the night I do not think he would have made it to morning in those temperatures with his clothing. People that are that inebriated usually don't get injured if they fall, because they go with the fall, unless it was into the water. But I do not think he would made it that far on foot, too intoxicated.

If he found a heated place to sleep and was not injured he would have slept if off, woke up in the morning and went back to the guys and we would not be discussing this right now.

His brother could never go through with a wedding celebration with Liam's disappearance, and may never be able to, other than a city hall marriage, unless this is resolved positively and he is found alive.

It was said he was last seen (maybe by the helpful witness) walking in the direction of the Portuguese quarter. Since we did not hear anything more about that area I assume LE found no further sighting of him on any CCTV in that vicinity? I find that very odd. Or are there no street facing cameras at all? If there are, and he wasn't on any of them, I would again search the whole area of the little park (where he was last seen) and surrounding streets. Maybe he fell into something, I have no clue what that would be though.

I agree. I’m afraid it’s unlikely he made it too far from where he was filmed at the G@j. Too drunk. Likely drawn to the piers. These have no barriers to the river.

It was said he was last seen (maybe by the helpful witness) walking in the direction of the Portuguese quarter. Since we did not hear anything more about that area I assume LE found no further sighting of him on any CCTV in that vicinity? I find that very odd. Or are there no street facing cameras at all? If there are, and he wasn't on any of them, I would again search the whole area of the little park (where he was last seen) and surrounding streets. Maybe he fell into something, I have no clue what that would be though.
Seems he a was recorded at 2:20 at G+J building CCTV and again at 2:30 heading towards Portuguese quarter (either by same or a different CCTV).
[...]Liam’s family have now CONFIRMED that CCTV footage shows Liam was at the G+ J (Gruner + Jahr) building located in Baumwall, Hamburg at approximately 02:20am on 10th February, a short time after he left his group of friends. A witness has also reported assisting Liam after he fell in this area. The witness then helped Liam towards Michelwiese Park and CCTV footage shows Liam heading towards the Portuguese Quarter at around 02:30am.[...]
Source: https://www.facebook.com/findliam/posts/2100022233575384

I agree with Elainera regarding some points.

Unfortunately with sightings, people have good intentions and actually believe they saw the missing person, but actually saw someone that looks like Liam. If someone is responsible for another's disappearance, (this does not seem to be Liam's case) they call in most of the sightings to throw off law enforcement.

I believe the night of the party when he was inebriated he did try to find refuge some where. Subsequently fell asleep somewhere behind a building, a dumpster, someone's shed or garage with no heat. The low temperature in Hamburg on February 10th was 21 degrees F.

Also being in the condition he was in on the CCTV camera where a kind person helped him stand, means he was not able to walk very far from where he was last observed. If injured in that condition and fell asleep for the night I do not think he would have made it to morning in those temperatures with his clothing. People that are that inebriated usually don't get injured if they fall, because they go with the fall, unless it was into the water. But I do not think he would made it that far on foot, too intoxicated.

If he found a heated place to sleep and was not injured he would have slept if off, woke up in the morning and went back to the guys and we would not be discussing this right now.

His brother could never go through with a wedding celebration with Liam's disappearance, and may never be able to, other than a city hall marriage, unless this is resolved positively and he is found alive.

The fact he is a red head helps. In Germany, less than 5% ofnpopulace are redheads. This helps with targeting and elimination.

I'm looking at Google street view of the area he was last known to have been. The "park" (Michelwiesen) is really tiny and is mostly lawn, not a lot of brush and trees. He should have been found if he'd collapsed there.

So I went east to the Portuguese quarter and noticed an area called "Venusberg" almost bordering the Michelwiesen. This seems to be a small but very green and overgrown area. I will try to link but I don't know if this works (I'm not good with map linking).

https://www.google.co.in/maps/@53.5...=227.5577&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

I wonder whether this has been searched?

What do the locals think? Could someone die in there and lie there for two weeks undetected?

I'm looking at Google street view of the area he was last known to have been. The "park" (Michelwiesen) is really tiny and is mostly lawn, not a lot of brush and trees. He should have been found if he'd collapsed there.

So I went east to the Portuguese quarter and noticed an area called "Venusberg" almost bordering the Michelwiesen. This seems to be a small but very green and overgrown area. I will try to link but I don't know if this works (I'm not good with map linking).

https://www.google.co.in/maps/@53.5...=227.5577&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

What do the locals think? Could someone die in there and lie there for two weeks undetected?

Looks like a good hiding spot. Good find.

None of this alcohol poisoning information is uplifting in regards to Liam.
Wondering when and what he last ate before drinking and if anyone knows how much he drank, if in fact he was drunk?
Was there any tell-tale signs of vomiting near the places Liam was believed to have been?
speculation.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alcohol-poisoning/symptoms-causes/syc-20354386
Alcohol poisoning signs and symptoms include:

• Confusion
  • Vomiting
  • Seizures
  • Slow breathing (less than eight breaths a minute)
  • Irregular breathing (a gap of more than 10 seconds between breaths)
  • Blue-tinged skin or pale skin
  • Low body temperature (hypothermia)
  • Passing out (unconsciousness) and can't be awakened
Don't leave an unconscious person alone. Because alcohol poisoning affects the way the gag reflex works, someone with alcohol poisoning may choke on his or her own vomit and not be able to breathe. While waiting for help, don't try to make the person vomit because he or she could choke.
A major cause of alcohol poisoning is binge drinking — a pattern of heavy drinking when a male rapidly consumes five or more alcoholic drinks within two hours, or a female rapidly consumes at least four drinks within two hours. An alcohol binge can occur over hours or last up to several days.

You can consume a fatal dose before you pass out. Even when you're unconscious or you've stopped drinking, alcohol continues to be released from your stomach and intestines into your bloodstream, and the level of alcohol in your body continues to rise.
  • Choking. Alcohol may cause vomiting. Because it depresses your gag reflex, this increases the risk of choking on vomit if you've passed out.
  • Stopping breathing. Accidentally inhaling vomit into your lungs can lead to a dangerous or fatal interruption of breathing (asphyxiation).
  • Severe dehydration. Vomiting can result in severe dehydration, leading to dangerously low blood pressure and fast heart rate.
  • Seizures. Your blood sugar level may drop low enough to cause seizures.
  • Hypothermia. Your body temperature may drop so low that it leads to cardiac arrest.
  • Irregular heartbeat. Alcohol poisoning can cause the heart to beat irregularly or even stop.

Google maps images seem to be from autumn. Now, there are evergreen shrubs or conifers here and there but no foliage.

A dead body could definitely be in there Elainera. It's winter time no one has their home windows opened or car windows opened. So they would not smell anything. In the winter temps the body would decompose slowly without much of a rotting smell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back