Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
attachment.php

liams last known sighting and where he was found

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 458
So very sad. God Bless his family. I thought he would make it home. I really did. Then again, I guess he has....

I just wanted to thank you for never giving up hope Liam would be found alive I so wanted this to be the case. Thank you to you and everyone for caring about Liam and his family.

I just wanted to thank you for never giving up hope Liam would be found alive I so wanted this to be the case. Thank you to you and everyone for caring about Liam and his family.

Thank you Greg. May Liam's family find strength knowing that so many people have been praying for him, and them. I hope they can feel that love surrounding them during this time of sorrow and grief, and that they will honor Liam by living life to it's fullest.
And finally, I pray that they will find rosesfromangels in the coming days..in unexpected places and ways...as a special message to them "that all is well".

God Bless Liam's family, and God Bless Liam in his heavenly home.

Inverness man Liam Colgan's death 'a tragic accident'

The family of Liam Colgan, whose body was found 10 weeks after he went missing in Hamburg, say his death had been a "tragic accident".
[...]
His family said his death did not appear to be suspicious and thanked everyone who helped in the effort to find him.
In the statement on a Facebook page dedicated to the search for Liam, his family said: "On behalf of all of Liam's family we would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the incredible support we have received since Liam disappeared on 10 February.
"We will never forget this."

Selfless personality'
Paying tribute to Liam, his family described the postman as much-loved and a "hugely talented yet humble musician".
His family added: "He had a very natural sense of humour that made him a joy to be around.
"He cared for his nieces immensely and would visit them at every opportunity, they miss him greatly. Liam had a laid-back, selfless personality that made him impossible not to get on with.
"We love you Liam."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-43884019

GERMAN cops have confirmed that there was no foul play in the death of tragic Liam Colgan who disappeared during his brother's stag do.

Their ruling comes after a Post Mortem examination was carried out on the 29-year-old whose body was discovered earlier this week.

The Inverness postman was pulled from a Hamburg river 72 days after he vanished on brother Eamonn’s stag do on February 10.

His remains were taken to the German city’s Institute for Forensic Medicine where experts ruled there was no evidence that he was victim of crime.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...results_of_post_mortem_of_tragic_Liam_Colgan/

so... tragic accident or?...

Good that he was found... now his family can begin to figure out this new life without Liam, sadly...

Wondering if they were able to tell how long Liam was in the water, ie, did he end up there shortly after going missing, or had some days or weeks passed by first?

I am curious if the autopsy confirmed if Liam's body was in the water for the full 72 days he was missing.

RIP Liam.

Judging by the location he was found at (not far from the CCTV spot) and that he was still wearing the same clothes from the night he went missing, I‘d be surprised if he fell into the Elbe later. According to the „sighting“ in Buxtehude, he was wearing different clothes. All the other sightings have never been confirmed.

Wondering if they were able to tell how long Liam was in the water, ie, did he end up there shortly after going missing, or had some days or weeks passed by first?

I think Liam must have been frozen in the water most of the 72 days from this “The corpse could be clearly identified as Liam Colgan.”

I think Liam must have been frozen in the water most of the 72 days from this “The corpse could be clearly identified as Liam Colgan.”
They first evaluated it was him by clothing and the driver‘s license he still had in his pocket. Later on, they identified him by dental records. I doubt he could be clearly identified just by looking at him.

They first evaluated it was him by clothing and the driver‘s license he still had in his pocket. Later on, they identified him by dental records. I doubt he could be clearly identified just by looking at him.

Agree. Even in very cold water (it was never freezing), after such a long time he would not be recognizable.

I trust the medical examiner's findings. I'm glad Liam was not a victim of an attack.

Still, so sad. He was a great chap from all I've learned about him.

My sympathy to all who loved and cared for Liam. He was obviously very loved by his family, friends, and countless strangers who spent time searching for him.

Liam Colgan to be buried in Inverness today
The funeral of Inverness musician Liam Colgan whose body was recovered from a German river ten weeks after going missing on his brother’s stag do is to take place today.
Mr Colgan’s family have asked that people, instead of flowers, make donations to the Lucie Blackman Trust, a charity which helps families of those missing abroad and supported them through their ordeal.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/f.../liam-colgan-to-be-buried-in-inverness-today/

My heart goes out to Liam's family! A beautiful gesture of them to direct people to the Lucie Blackman Trust.

I wonder how Liam's brother is holding up. I hope he doesn't feel any guilt and he and his fiancee will be able to move forward and be happy together in spite of this tragedy.

Just back from holiday but just had to come check in. It's such a tragic end but thankfully he wasn't a victim of a crime,

My love and thoughts go to Liam's family and friends and hope that over time they can begin to restart their lives.

Sorry got no thanks button on these silly blue and yellow pages. I want the old style back lol

This news absolutely breaks my heart...

: praying: for his loving family...

:candle:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members