Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just heard the news on the radio. I'm so sorry. Sincere condolences to Liam's family and friends.

Rest In Peace Liam.

Thank you to all of you for caring about Liam.

RIP Liam

I'm sorry the family didn't get a happy ending, but I'm glad they now have the answer and can at least have a funeral.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv....f-missing-liam-colgan-found-in-hamburg-river/

The body of a Scottish man missing in Hamburg since vanishing on his brother's stag weekend has been found.

Liam Colgan, 29, from Inverness, was last seen on a night out in the German city on February 10.

His body was recovered from the River Elbe at around 6.30am on Monday.

The Lucie Blackman Trust, a charity which has supported Mr Colgan's family during his disappearance, confirmed the discovery.

"Whilst formal identification is yet to be carried out, Mr Colgan's driving licence was in the pocket of the jacket and the clothes were those he was wearing the night he disappeared," it said in a statement.

RIP [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Liam :rose:

Condolences to the family. I'm upset at such a sad ending but we are getting closure now.

Thank you to everyone out there who was on the lookout for Liam xx

Liam was never alone, he had his family, friends, community and strangers near and far, learning about this wonderful young man and thinking of him.
My heart goes out to Liam's wonderful, brave and determined family, so sorry he was found like this, but happy he has finally been found and can be brought back home where he belongs.

I don’t know what can be done to try and help prevent these terrible tragedies but I hope something can be.

Wondering what the boat's name means in English?
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-43864765
attachment.php

Emergency services gathered near the scene of where Liam's body was found in the River Elbe
Rough video showing the recovery. May be disturbing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMywnmtz9Hw

Attachments

• _100994913_elbe.jpg
    _100994913_elbe.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 258
What we all feared, it's terribly sad and such a pointless waste of a life. Looks like the info about the warmer water temperatures was correct and did lead to the recovery of the body. But I'm so glad the family are not left wondering for decades like some families what on earth happened to their loved one.

What is it with young men and water? There must be something that happens to the perceptions when intoxication is very heavy that causes this. It's almost like they are drawn to it like a magnet.

If people must have these sort of events, I think they need to do something like having a designated driver, someone who stays reasonably sober who checks everyone gets back to the hotel. And more education about binge drinking, especially in the UK. We are going to have an epidemic of alcohol related diseases in future years if this carries on.

So so sorry for Liam and all his friends and family.

Hamburg police press site
https://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/6337/3923913

Google translation
After a witness had informed the police this morning, several radio patrol cars went to a harbor in the HafenCity. The fire brigade eventually salvaged a body floating in the water.

The corpse was transported to the Institute of Forensic Medicine for examination.

Although the identity of the dead man has not yet been finally clarified, there is first evidence that this could be the missing person Liam Colgan (cf 180213-3).

The police Hamburg is already in contact with his family.

Further investigations, especially on the cause of death, are continuing.

So very sad. God Bless his family. I thought he would make it home. I really did. Then again, I guess he has....

RIP Liam.

I'm sad but also relieved he was found.

Can someone make out from the photo dotr posted above where he was found? I think it's not very far from the Reeperbahn area, is it?

RIP Liam.

I'm sad but also relieved he was found.

Can someone make out from the photo dotr posted above where he was found? I think it's not very far from the Reeperbahn area, is it?
It’s at Hafencity, close to where the CCTV was captured. In the background, you can actually see the grey Gruner + Jahr building.

It’s at Hafencity, close to where the CCTV was captured. In the background, you can actually see the grey Gruner + Jahr building.

Yes I thought it's the G+J building but wasn't sure. Thanks!

sad..the report to the firebrigade was
The emergency message came 06:33 clock on the emergency number 112 in the rescue center of the fire department Hamburg .A person drifts in the water in the canal near the Überseeallee.
Immediately, a large contingent of forces of the Hamburg Fire Brigade with fire engine, rescue and fire boat, rescue divers and the Einsatzzug of DLRG Landesverband Hamburg eV was alerted.

i think what u see on the video is where they brought him to the fire brigade dock....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus
Back