Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just read this thread, so heartbreaking. I dont know Liam but I'm from Scotland and it is really sad.
Its heartbreaking, thinking of liam and his family, I hope he is found soon.
He must be so scared and feeling so alone, so confused and lost.
I've been sharing his page on forums and commenting and donated, not much I can do from Scotland.
Someone said about getting a family member to talk through a loud speaker, he may recognize the voice.
I hope he is okay though

no one believes he is in fact waiting out until the wedding date has past..... I do hope he turns up.

Can someone confirm when the last perceived (not confirmed) sighting of Liam was?

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Can someone confirm when the last perceived (not confirmed) sighting of Liam was?

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

That last sighting was in Buxtehude but police are also still following leads in Hamburg.

Here‘s more details on the latest sighting (translated from German):

„Most recently, two passersby reported seeing the Scot last Saturday, one week after his disappearance, at a bus stop at Stader Straße in Buxtehude around 12 pm and 12:45 pm. But a search with hound dog „Yosi“ around the station and at a drugstore reached no results. Police also followed a lead in Hamburg at Wohlwillstraße but without success: a witness claims to have seen Liam Colgan a day after his disappearance in front of the pub „Kleine Pause“.

http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg...ligen-am-bahnhof-buxtehude-54885634.bild.html

̄
Is there possibly a recent break-up with a girlfriend, that we're not hearing about?

Earlier in the case, I also was thinking along the lines of possible depression/suicidal, coinciding with the wedding of his brother; especially as it seems that Liam does not currently have a significant other. But I read in the DM article that Eamonn and his fiancee already have children together... so, it isn't a big life-altering event, really. They've apparently been together for a while, so, simply "making it official" wouldn't really affect Liam all that much at this point, I wouldn't think. (?) So, not sure about the wedding-blues dynamic anymore.

Unless he's been lamenting for a long time about not being able to find 'the one" for himself; or possibly a recent break-up.
I'll admit, I've been expecting to hear something from Liam's partner/SO, or an Ex-, but haven't seen anything.

I'm still leaning more toward him having a bit of a dysfunctional, alcohol-infused breakdown -- having been over-stressed with his usual work, and organizing this whole stag-do, plus probably feeling continued pressure, for everything to go smoothly for everyone. Then on top of that, when he fell, he may have hit his head, making cognitive matters even worse.

Poor Liam, seems he took care of everything but himself. :(

https://www.facebook.com/findliam/
These are CCTV images of Liam at around 2:20 am on Saturday, February 10, after he was helped by a man in the Baumwall area. His hair and jacket may look darker here due to the time of night. Please note that he may now be wearing different clothes. Please share. Thank you
94a09dcd5672507e342442103b8f60be.jpg

̄
btw, somewhat, but not totally, O/T,
I was pleased to see the Lucie Blackman Trust, helping Liam's family.
Lucie's case was truly a horror story. I followed it in real-time.
Lucie and her family have held a special place in my heart ever since.

I hope Liam's case will be a happy success-story for the Trust.

:praying:

̄
...please pardon, everyone, but I'm concerned:

--- gregjrichards are you OK?

...a little worried over here...

̄
Is there possibly a recent break-up with a girlfriend, that we're not hearing about?

Earlier in the case, I also was thinking along the lines of possible depression/suicidal, coinciding with the wedding of his brother; especially as it seems that Liam does not currently have a significant other. But I read in the DM article that Eamonn and his fiancee already have children together... so, it isn't a big life-altering event, really. They've apparently been together for a while, so, simply "making it official" wouldn't really affect Liam all that much at this point, I wouldn't think. (?) So, not sure about the wedding-blues dynamic anymore.

Unless he's been lamenting for a long time about not being able to find 'the one" for himself; or possibly a recent break-up.
I'll admit, I've been expecting to hear something from Liam's partner/SO, or an Ex-, but haven't seen anything.

I'm still leaning more toward him having a bit of a dysfunctional, alcohol-infused breakdown -- having been over-stressed with his usual work, and organizing this whole stag-do, plus probably feeling continued pressure, for everything to go smoothly for everyone. Then on top of that, when he fell, he may have hit his head, making cognitive matters even worse.

Poor Liam, seems he took care of everything but himself. :(

I leaning towards Liam holding a torch for the bride to be and having a meltdown over it. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen this sort of behavior surrounding weddings. People freakin' unravel!

All amateur speculation and opinion! Liam, time to get found!

̄
...please pardon, everyone, but I'm concerned:

--- gregjrichards are you OK?

...a little worried over here...

Off topic

Hi Verdigris,

I’m ok thank you. I hope you are well. I’m struggling with bad migraines so haven’t been here as often as normal the last few days but I’m ok thank you for the concern.

On topic

Thank you to everyone here for caring about Liam.

I hate even suggesting this but is it possible Liam went to sleep in a recycling bin at some point?

Off topic

Hi Verdigris,

I’m ok thank you. I hope you are well. I’m struggling with bad migraines so haven’t been here as often as normal the last few days but I’m ok thank you for the concern.

On topic

Thank you to everyone here for caring about Liam.

I hate even suggesting this but is it possible Liam went to sleep in a recycling bin at some point?

̄
Whew!
I thought we might have to put a MP report out on you! :)
I hope you will feel better quickly. Are you still in hospital?

... and yes! Recycle/rubbish bins!
In the past, in missing "partying" young men, my first thought used to go toward large rubbish bins...
but, lately I'm always thinking, water. And I've been so preoccupied with the Elbe, I've forgotten about all the bins... oh, I surely do hope they've all been searched earlier on. Not sure how "accessible" they are in Hamburg.
Lordy.... there are so many places he could be.
...but I'm still concerned about the Elbe... :(

Glad you're OK (relatively) and hope you're on the mend to being 元気 (healthy, energetic) again!

Gregjrichards: ask your doctor about Botox shots for migraines; no joke!

As far as where Liam might be sleeping, I would think as close to a food source as possible. Restaurant alleys, soup kitchens, and so forth.

Judging by the reports, he tried to get into the G+J building near the harbor (south), then went up north in direction of the church. At some point he fell and a passerby helped him get into the park. The park (named after the church) is located between the G+J building and the church. He then walked towards the Portuguese quarter (west, circled) which was captured by CCTV.
c0024a8937b5eea7afe6c92951852178.jpg

I hope analyzing all available CCTV from that area will help figuring out where he went from there.
thank you! :tyou:

I found a map tracking public cctv cameras and it looks like the incident was recorded by the circled cam.
245b49737aa8c0e51d80c46eccdfd1c9.jpg

There are three more public cctv cameras in the Portuguese Quarter. If none of those captured Liam, maybe he went inside a bar and they have private cctv footage (in Germany, private cameras are not allowed to capture public ground/streets).

good catch! :thumb:

He wasn't found in hospital, he was found and taken to hospital. It seems he had some kind of breakdown.

Someone going missing after getting very drunk on a night out in a foreign country and not being seen since is a lot more concerning, I just can't see a lost ginger scottish person being missed by everyone in Hamburg for over 10 days which makes me think LC has sadly come to harm. I don't believe the bakery sighting is real, the "witnesses" seemed a bit too happy to get their picture in the paper.

thank you for the correction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon
Back