Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read the witness account was corroborated by the cctv. Might be that the cam did not record both, Liam and the passerby, but that timing and circumstances matched the witness account.

Yeah true. I wonder if he actually was ever in Buxtehude or he has been in the area where the cctv spotted him. I just really hope there is an answer for the family soon, good or bad, i still hold some hope of a good outcome but as the days pass it looks less likely

Yeah true. I wonder if he actually was ever in Buxtehude or he has been in the area where the cctv spotted him. I just really hope there is an answer for the family soon, good or bad, i still hold some hope of a good outcome but as the days pass it looks less likely
Fingers crossed! Eamonn seems to be such a nice lad and you can see this really weighs heavy on him although he‘s trying to keep his composure.

Fingers crossed! Eamonn seems to be such a nice lad and you can see this really weighs heavy on him although he‘s trying to keep his composure.

he has done a fine job of keeping the search going, Cant be easy day in day out, he is doing his family proud.

I still think it's possible that Liam might have ended up in some sort of care facility, a hostel or even a hospital and just not have been able to communicate much. He might have lost ID or the news about him just might not have filtered through to the right person. Having worked in hospitals they can be pretty much a world of their own sometimes and communications from other agencies even important ones don't get through. And not everyone watches the news or reads a paper. And Hamburg is a big city and if he's confused Liam might have travelled somewhere else.

And tbh, even some English people can have a hard time understanding what some Scots are saying when the accent is strong. At the other end of the spectrum, some people are quite good at noticing regional differences in people of other countries. The bit of information that worries me is the bit about Liam heading for the Portuguese quarter as this takes him nearer the Elbe. But I think there's still hope.

I still think it's possible that Liam might have ended up in some sort of care facility, a hostel or even a hospital and just not have been able to communicate much. He might have lost ID or the news about him just might not have filtered through to the right person. Having worked in hospitals they can be pretty much a world of their own sometimes and communications from other agencies even important ones don't get through. And not everyone watches the news or reads a paper. And Hamburg is a big city and if he's confused Liam might have travelled somewhere else.

And tbh, even some English people can have a hard time understanding what some Scots are saying when the accent is strong. At the other end of the spectrum, some people are quite good at noticing regional differences in people of other countries. The bit of information that worries me is the bit about Liam heading for the Portuguese quarter as this takes him nearer the Elbe. But I think there's still hope.

Yeah I’ll give you that, I can struggle at times to understand some other scottish accents ie glasgow accent or even some aberdeen accents. It has been said in the past that invernesian (inverness accent) is one of britains clearest spoken so hopefully if he is communicating people will understand him. Let’s hope that he is in a hospital somewhere getting looked after, and somebody see’s the appeal puts the pieces together and realises he is missing

I think it's wishful thinking to imagine he is in a hospital unidentified. Hospitals have procedures in place to identify patients and they are the first place the police check when they have a report of a missing person. I don't think it is realistic to think he is just walking around confused at this late stage and a mere accent is the only thing keeping him from help.

The temperature that night was below freezing so I think it's quite likely he developed hypothermia. I assume the police are checking all cctv they can get in the Portuguese Quarter right now and hopefully it will lead them somewhere.

I feel so sorry for his family and hope they get answers soon.

I think it's wishful thinking to imagine he is in a hospital unidentified. Hospitals have procedures in place to identify patients and they are the first place the police check when they have a report of a missing person. I don't think it is realistic to think he is just walking around confused at this late stage and a mere accent is the only thing keeping him from help.

The temperature that night was below freezing so I think it's quite likely he developed hypothermia. I assume the police are checking all cctv they can get in the Portuguese Quarter right now and hopefully it will lead them somewhere.

I feel so sorry for his family and hope they get answers soon.

I would agree with all your points above absolutely being realistic, but I still think stranger things have happened in missing person cases and sometimes people defy the odds. And believe me, hospitals do have procedures in place but quite often people don't follow those procedures, or they make mistakes. There can be many layers of bureaucracy in hospitals and police and systems don't always work as they should. It's a small hope but not an impossible scenario. I also agree checking CCTV in the Portuguese quarter and physical searches around that area would be my top priority at this stage.

I agree. He could very well have had alcohol poisoning if he was that potted, and have ended up in hospital or some care type facility. Despite what logic tells me, I truly do think we'll find him alive. I certainly pray so!

I wonder whether he said anything to the person who helped him up twice.

What I also keep thinking about is the building he tried to get into, was it the G&J building or a library, I can't quite remember. I wonder why he wanted to get in there, to use the bathroom perhaps? Or because he was cold? It might mean that he tried again elsewhere to get into a building, perhaps in the Portuguese quarter. Maybe he did get in somewhere and got stuck in it. Most if not all German buildings have basements. If he's locked in one somewhere he might only be found by chance when someone needs to get down there for some reason.

I wonder whether he said anything to the person who helped him up twice.

What I also keep thinking about is the building he tried to get into, was it the G&J building or a library, I can't quite remember. I wonder why he wanted to get in there, to use the bathroom perhaps? Or because he was cold? It might mean that he tried again elsewhere to get into a building, perhaps in the Portuguese quarter. Maybe he did get in somewhere and got stuck in it. Most if not all German buildings have basements. If he's locked in one somewhere he might only be found by chance when someone needs to get down there for some reason.
It was the Gruner & Jahr building. Gruner und Jahr is a big publishing house.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruner_+_Jahr
75bc7d91e9b26a22b3b7f47a73da8826.jpg

If Liam was spotted next to Reeperbahn station on cctv is it possible he has got on the train and got of at landungsbrücken station by mistake?Does that train go on that route to where his hotel is?From what I see on the map the Portuguese area is the opposite direction where he was seen next to Reeperbahn station,just wondering how he came to end up in that area.I noticed landungsbrücken station is close to the Portuguese area.Maybe he’s taken what he thought was the route from the station to his hotel and somehow thought that building was his hotel?

cctv is from the Gruner & Jahr building, I think. There is a park „Michelwiese“ nearby. The church is up north (the hound dog led police there).
fe4a132a716d257bc9a0be1ccaa26d6e.jpg

What gives me hope is... From what I can gather from this map...
Liam seems to have traveled AWAY from the water...

:please:

oops! or not! :(

I just read over at the Joshua Thiede thread that he was found alive in a local hospital after 10 days. Hasn't been revealed yet what happened there but it's of course great news. Hopefully Liam has also been taken in somewhere and somehow they haven't connected the dots yet. Maybe he mumbled a few words in German and they thought he can't be the Scot then.

GREAT news regarding Joshua Thiede!
10 days later he was found at a hospital!!!

this gives me hope for Liam!!!:please:

What gives me hope is... From what I can gather from this map...
Liam seems to have traveled AWAY from the water...

:please:

oops! or not! :(
Judging by the reports, he tried to get into the G+J building near the harbor (south), then went up north in direction of the church. At some point he fell and a passerby helped him get into the park. The park (named after the church) is located between the G+J building and the church. He then walked towards the Portuguese quarter (west, circled) which was captured by CCTV.
c0024a8937b5eea7afe6c92951852178.jpg

I hope analyzing all available CCTV from that area will help figuring out where he went from there.

If Liam was spotted next to Reeperbahn station on cctv is it possible he has got on the train and got of at landungsbrücken station by mistake?Does that train go on that route to where his hotel is?From what I see on the map the Portuguese area is the opposite direction where he was seen next to Reeperbahn station,just wondering how he came to end up in that area.I noticed landungsbrücken station is close to the Portuguese area.Maybe he’s taken what he thought was the route from the station to his hotel and somehow thought that building was his hotel?
Landungsbrücken is one stop from Reeperbahn and would be the direction of their hostel (located at Berliner Tor). So, yes, it‘s possible he was on the right train and got off too early.
4fc57927e9b7373351e18f6e4e8c2974.jpg

Crazy thought, but would any of the locations/ direction, Liam is believed to have gone, in some way replicate his usual postal delivery route in Scotland?
speculation, imo.

Crazy thought, but would any of the locations/ direction, Liam is believed to have gone, in some way replicate his usual postal delivery route in Scotland?
speculation, imo.
That is a brilliant speculation!

That is a brilliant speculation!

Thanks!
The reason this came to mind is because of an older gentleman known to me, who goes about his walks in Canada as usual, but in his mind's eye the streets and scenes he encounters, are superimposed with images of his old stomping grounds in Scotland.

Thanks!
The reason this came to mind is because of an older gentleman known to me, who goes about his walks in Canada as usual, but in his mind's eye the streets and scenes he encounters, are superimposed with images of his old stomping grounds in Scotland.

Oh that is so sweet. :heartbeat:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back