Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the same "passerby" helped Liam twice, as he stumbled... Is that not odd to anyone else? Odd that the same person, in 2 different areas (close to each other, I understand) helped him... at 2:30 in the morning... just sounds odd. May not be anything more than kindness, but here, in the US, it's odd IMO.

No I don't find it odd. Germans are a pretty helpful bunch. And if Liam said something in English they might have realised he's a tourist and would have been even more inclined to help him along.

No I don't find it odd. Germans are a pretty helpful bunch. And if Liam said something in English they might have realised he's a tourist and would have been even more inclined to help him along.

Just to add, in my experience in Hamburg, Germans speak very good English.

Or obviously they may have been tourists.

With the reported sightings of Liam, is it known how much ground he covered? If he was inebriated, how many times could he fall down, get back up and continue on his way? Could someone have spiked his drink causing him to be so confused and disoriented? I sincerely hope for his family’s sake that Liam will be located soon.

*UPDATE – CONFIRMED SIGHTING, CCTV FOOTAGE NEEDED*

Liam’s family have now CONFIRMED that CCTV footage shows Liam was at the G+ J (Gruner + Jahr) building located in Baumwall, Hamburg at approximately 02:20am on 10th February, a short time after he left his group of friends. A witness has also reported assisting Liam after he fell in this area. The witness then helped Liam towards Michelwiese Park and CCTV footage shows Liam heading towards the Portuguese Quarter at around 02:30am.

We are URGENTLY appealing for information which can describe Liam’s movements after this sighting. Were you in Baumwall or the Portuguese Quarter at this time? Do you have CCTV footage recorded at this time? Do you know of private businesses that record CCTV footage? Have you taken photos that which could show Liam in the background? Please email ops@lbtrust.org with information.

Liam’s brother Eamonn will continue to brief the press and appear on TV with information, please share his updates. The family will continue the search in Buxtehude tomorrow but we must stress that Liam could still be anywhere. You have been fantastic in your support so far but we continue to ask you to be alert to the possibility that Liam could be near you. Please keep looking in the streets, keep advertising our poster and most importantly of all if you see LIAM please HELP him and call the POLICE IMMEDIATELY on 040 4286 56789 or 110. #findliam
https://www.facebook.com/findliam/posts/2100022233575384
Liam Colgan - side view with light stubble
ff5faaf87d593386fd79b604d1880961.jpg

No disrespect to the distraught family, but this is starting to remind me of Where’s Waldo?!

Liam, time to make yourself found! If we are blessed enough to find him alive as we pray we do, this misadventure will be legend.

I just read over at the Joshua Thiede thread that he was found alive in a local hospital after 10 days. Hasn't been revealed yet what happened there but it's of course great news. Hopefully Liam has also been taken in somewhere and somehow they haven't connected the dots yet. Maybe he mumbled a few words in German and they thought he can't be the Scot then.

I just read over at the Joshua Thiede thread that he was found alive in a local hospital after 10 days. Hasn't been revealed yet what happened there but it's of course great news. Hopefully Liam has also been taken in somewhere and somehow they haven't connected the dots yet. Maybe he mumbled a few words in German and they thought he can't be the Scot then.

Yes! I just saw the update on Joshua too and felt hopeful that Liam will also return. It's just a matter of time, right?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-liam-colgan-fresh-cctv-12054854
A woman working in a tobacconist in the town’s Bahnhofstrasse has claimed she served Liam a bottle of water last Wednesday.

She has told police that he was in the shop at about 8am and asked if there was any kind of mission nearby which could offer accommodation.

The employee, named in German media as Melanie, 35, said: “He was thirsty and asked for a glass of water. I felt sorry for him and gave him a bottle.”
German police have been checking Liam’s phone and bank cards but there has been no trace of any usage since he was last seen by friends.

Eamonn said: “These inquiries are being looked at and his phone has been off since the Friday evening when we went out to the Reeperbahn."

OMG, I have been following Joshua's thread - so happy to hear this! Let's hope we find Liam soon as well.
Thank you for the happy news about Joshua!

Let’s hope for a similar outcome for Liam.I noticed videos of interviews with the bakery workers but I don’t speak German so I couldn’t understand any of it.I really hope these buxtehude sightings are accurate so we at least know he made it to there after been seeing on the cctv in the Park.

Let’s hope for a similar outcome for Liam.I noticed videos of interviews with the bakery workers but I don’t speak German so I couldn’t understand any of it.I really hope these buxtehude sightings are accurate so we at least know he made it to there after been seeing on the cctv in the Park.
It certainly gives Liam‘s family and friends hope, but what is bothering me about these Buxtehude sightings is that witnesses saw him wearing different clothing and that there is no confirmed account of him actually saying he is Scottish (even though some articles claim he did). While most Germans speak English fairly well, only a small percentage can distinguish accents and tell if someone is Scottish, Irish, South African or Australian. CCTV shows him nowhere near the train station in Buxtehude and there have been no further sightings even though his face is all over on posters, billboards, TV and news. Anyway, I hope he will still turn up somehow and at Eamonn’s wedding, they‘ll all be cracking jokes about the famous Scot making headlines!

It certainly gives Liam‘s family and friends hope, but what is bothering me about these Buxtehude sightings is that witnesses saw him wearing different clothing and that there is no confirmed account of him actually saying he is Scottish (even though some articles claim he did). While most Germans speak English fairly well, only a small percentage can distinguish accents and tell if someone is Scottish, Irish, South African or Australian. CCTV shows him nowhere near the train station in Buxtehude and there have been no further sightings even though his face is all over on posters, billboards, TV and news. Anyway, I hope he will still turn up somehow and at Eamonn’s wedding, they‘ll all be cracking jokes about the famous Scot making headlines!

This is my worry too, I hope there is more positive sightings soon. It worries me also that his bank card hasn’t been used, surely if he has been staying in a hostel someone would recognise him by now. It is worrying there haven’t been any further sightings. Yes let’s hope he makes it home, I know Eamonn better than I know Liam, I pray for him that Liam returns and he can have his wedding,he’s a good guy and deserves it, so let’s all hope everyone can laugh about this while Liam does his best mans speech at the wedding,fingers crossed.

I’ve just seen an interview with Eamonn on the local news in inverness, he said that the witnesses have told him that the person they seen said “he was scottish and they also said he sounded very similar to how eamonn speaks”. I hope this is the case, but until it’s a confirmed sighting can’t be sure. I’m not sure if there is a link to this online, i’ll Look.

The same report says that they can confirm the car park cctv did see him at that building but they could NOT confirm if he had been helped by a member of the public

I’ve just seen an interview with Eamonn on the local news in inverness, he said that the witnesses have told him that the person they seen said “he was scottish and they also said he sounded very similar to how eamonn speaks”. I hope this is the case, but until it’s a confirmed sighting can’t be sure. I’m not sure if there is a link to this online, i’ll Look.
I saw this interview where witnesses told him he speaks similar to Eamonn. Still, I really doubt most Germans can differentiate let‘s say between a Manchester and an Inverness accent.
https://www.tageblatt.de/video-foto...ruder-wieder-in-Buxtehude-_videoid,13082.html

The same report says that they can confirm the car park cctv did see him at that building but they could NOT confirm if he had been helped by a member of the public
I read the witness account was corroborated by the cctv. Might be that the cam did not record both, Liam and the passerby, but that timing and circumstances matched the witness account.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back