Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good news they found the cctv footage of him by the church. I hope it's correct info (it's Bild after all) and the dog can trace him. Are there any parks or wooded areas close where he could have gone and passed out?

cctv is from the Gruner & Jahr building, I think. There is a park „Michelwiese“ nearby. The church is up north (the hound dog led police there).
fe4a132a716d257bc9a0be1ccaa26d6e.jpg

cctv is from the Gruner & Jahr building, I think. There is a park „Michelwiese“ nearby. The church is up north (the hound dog led police there).
fe4a132a716d257bc9a0be1ccaa26d6e.jpg

Thank you for the map cybervampira! I saw dotr's post too late.

There's also a phone charge point on the way to the park if I interpret this correctly? Pity he didn't charge his phone. Was probably too out of it.

So did he exit the park and headed to the Portuguese quarter? Where is that?

Thank you for the map cybervampira! I saw dotr's post too late.

There's also a phone charge point on the way to the park if I interpret this correctly? Pity he didn't charge his phone. Was probably too out of it.

So did he exit the park and headed to the Portuguese quarter? Where is that?
Yeah, I think he was out of it. (The „Ladesäule“ in the map means it‘s a charging station for electric cars).
Portuguese quarter is west of Michelwiese.
2faf57441df2ab75decc653339fb6f4d.jpg

Oh for cars lol! Haven't been to Germany for far too long!

So he went through the park and towards the Portuguese quarter which has many restaurants - bars too I assume? Hopefully they can unearth more footage of him there.

Oh for cars lol! Haven't been to Germany for far too long!

So he went through the park and towards the Portuguese quarter which has many restaurants - bars too I assume? Hopefully they can unearth more footage of him there.
Yes, the quarter is known for the many Portuguese and Spanish restaurants and Tapas bars. At this time of the night, most of them would be closed but there are also some night bars there.

https://twitter.com/Daily_Record/status/965621247940767744

Could someone please have a look at the article linked in this tweet? I can't open it.

The text under Liam's picture says "Police have been using search dogs to search the area next to Hamburg railway station where Liam was reportedly seen on Wednesday and Thursday. " (bbm) Is this correct? Or does this refer to the Buxtehude sighting?

Portuguese quarter is again very close to water. :( the Hamburg waterways particularly busy this week :( :(
If I’ve read everything correctly, this happened a little later on the same night of his disappearance- just after the stag party became separated?
-so he’s wandered from the Reeperbahn about 10-15 mins walk and has tried to access the church and another building. Another person has helped on to his feet and helped?/directed him through Michelwiese Park and seen him heading towards the Portuguese quarter?

Portuguese quarter is again very close to water. :( the Hamburg waterways particularly busy this week :( :(
If I’ve read everything correctly, this happened a little later on the same night of his disappearance- just after the stag party became separated?
-so he’s wandered from the Reeperbahn about 10-15 mins walk and has tried to access the church and another building. Another person has helped on to his feet and helped?/directed him through Michelwiese Park and seen him heading towards the Portuguese quarter?

Yes to all. That's how I understand it too.

And like you I immediately noticed the proximity to the river.

This article says he was seen at St. Michael‘s church. Bavarian mountain hound „Beppo“ picked up a scent from the Harbor, over to the Gruner & Jahr building up to the church. Liam‘s brother Eamonn is also there: „An hour after his disappearance, he was seen on a staircase. He fell and a passerby helped him up.“
According to information gathered by BILD, the incident was recorded by cctv.
Roads around St. Michael‘s church have been blocked by police.
cache.php

cache.php

http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg/vermisste-personen/neue-suche-michel-54859234.bild.html

Excellent, they updated it.

the same "passerby" helped Liam twice, as he stumbled... Is that not odd to anyone else? Odd that the same person, in 2 different areas (close to each other, I understand) helped him... at 2:30 in the morning... just sounds odd. May not be anything more than kindness, but here, in the US, it's odd IMO.

the same "passerby" helped Liam twice, as he stumbled... Is that not odd to anyone else? Odd that the same person, in 2 different areas (close to each other, I understand) helped him... at 2:30 in the morning... just sounds odd. May not be anything more than kindness, but here, in the US, it's odd IMO.

I don’t think it’s particularly odd. Maybe after helping him the first time they were keeping an eye on him to make sure he went the right way/didn’t fall over. I’ve spent a bit of time in Germany and on the whole they’re a friendly bunch. I don’t find the Good Samaritan unusual, I’ve done the same when I’ve encountered drunk people.

One time I came across and extremely drunk, possibly drug-addled woman on a busy city street at around 10pm. She tottered across an intersection against the lights and traffic braked and swerved but no-one stopped to help her. I couldn't watch, so I asked if I could help her and she told me she was looking for a particular apartment block...she stumbled along supported by me in a real daze for about 15 mins until suddenly she recognized an entrance. She stood taller, straightened her dress and stumbled up the stairs. I'm glad we could get her to where she was going, but I often think about her and how totally vulnerable an alcohol binge can make you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah
Back