Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dont get too stuck on the adress, this is for sure the area where his body could appear and if it is few meters left or right it does not impact the matter. It is a big river, big harbour, a lot of traffic on the water, current, tide, all of this can influence...

bbm Never meant to imply that it couldn't. I was just confused by the different location names in different articles.

I agree, it makes sense that the body could be found a few km from his last known location.

This is quite the roller coaster this morning....

This is great news for Liam’s family but I can’t imagine the emotional turmoil they are going through.

Condolences to the family of the person who has died.

All this news reports seems very willy nilly. We need to hear official statements from LE.
Continued prayers for Liam and his family. The odds for Liam are not good, but then again we are overdue for a happy ending I'd say.

Hold on, one second I read that the features match Liam, not it's not Liam. I know you can never be sure until official tests/ID have been carried out but this reporting seems all over the place.

Anyway, while I hope this is not Liam, it will be someone's someone and I also hope Liam's family will not be left in Limbo much longer like the family of Lars' & others.

Sending prayers.

I have no faith in this reporting at all!
It looked like Liam but is not Liam?! WTH...
What type of thoughtless torture this must be for the family.
Come on reporters, get it together!
Where on earth is the voice of law enforcement in all this?
Reprehensible.

All amateur opinion, speculation, and ranting!

I’m still hopeful about the recent sightings,more so by the sniffer dogs picking up a scent,I don’t know much about sniffer dogs,are they often wrong?Will there be cctv cameras in the train station in buxtehude?

I have no faith in this reporting at all!
It looked like Liam but is not Liam?! WTH...
What type of thoughtless torture this must be for the family.
Come on reporters, get it together!
Where on earth is the voice of law enforcement in all this?
Reprehensible.

All amateur opinion, speculation, and ranting!

I agree, roses. Of course, reporters will report what they are hearing but there needs to be some clarity here. From an official. I feel conflicted so I cannot imagine how Liam's family feel.

It says that the body is NOT Liam. Apparently there's a facebook page "Help Find Liam Colgan" and they posted an update, that it is not Liam. So I believe that.

I’m still hopeful about the recent sightings,more so by the sniffer dogs picking up a scent,I don’t know much about sniffer dogs,are they often wrong?Will there be cctv cameras in the train station in buxtehude?

The dogs are not often wrong, but sometimes. It depends on a lot of factors, their training, their experience, their handler's experience, the weather, other people muddying the scent trail, etc. But I'm also hopeful that he is/was in fact in Buxtehude.

I want to see that security footage from the bar. I am very suspicious of this claim that the video can’t be accessed because the password was forgotten. What utter nonsense. A 13 year old could hack in to it. What’s really going on here?

Something’s rotten in Hamburg. Really rotten.

Surely the identity of whoever the poor person is that has been found needs to be released soon?I have to agree some of the reporting has been very poor

I want to see that security footage from the bar. I am very suspicious of this claim that the video can’t be accessed because the password was forgotten. What utter nonsense. A 13 year old could hack in to it. What’s really going on here?

Something’s rotten in Hamburg. Really rotten.

i do find it really odd that they say they can’t remember the password.I also read that the pub refused to comment when asked about Liam.Why would the police not take away the cctv equipment to examine it,they must be able to access it in this day and age

i do find it really odd that they say they can’t remember the password.I also read that the pub refused to comment when asked about Liam.Why would the police not take away the cctv equipment to examine it,they must be able to access it in this day and age

Maybe LE didn't think it's necessary because later footage from along the street exists? And since at this point no crime is suspected they might not look at everything.

If you have another look on the reports, you will see that there are different types of reporting. Some are based on hearsay, some are referencing the searching friends/family, others are just teposting something with comments, and very little is coming from official news sources.

I have seen often cases here where LE is not immediately releasing information, there were some, where it took days/weeks. And also if this is not Liam, they first need to inform this persons family etc

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2248153/body-liam-colgan-hamburg-river-search-missing/
“***WE CANNOT STRESS THE FOLLOWING POINT ENOUGH***

“The search for Liam CONTINUES and we still believe that he is in Germany and needs our help.
“Multiple reported sightings of Liam during the past week describe a confused man who says he is from Scotland.

“Please continue to assist in the search by being vigilant, searching your local areas in a safe manner, sharing our social media appeal and displaying our poster wherever you can.

“Our heartfelt condolences are sent to the family and loved ones of the person who was discovered earlier today.”

Maybe LE didn't think it's necessary because later footage from along the street exists? And since at this point no crime is suspected they might not look at everything.

Yeah I understand that point,i seen a post earlier that Liam was taken back to his group in the pub after been drunk and disoriented beside another group of party goers,who were these party goers,when did they leave in comparison with Liam?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TX_TNvol
Back