Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found a map tracking public cctv cameras and it looks like the incident was recorded by the circled cam.
245b49737aa8c0e51d80c46eccdfd1c9.jpg

There are three more public cctv cameras in the Portuguese Quarter. If none of those captured Liam, maybe he went inside a bar and they have private cctv footage (in Germany, private cameras are not allowed to capture public ground/streets).

GREAT news regarding Joshua Thiede!
10 days later he was found at a hospital!!!

this gives me hope for Liam!!!:please:

He wasn't found in hospital, he was found and taken to hospital. It seems he had some kind of breakdown.

Someone going missing after getting very drunk on a night out in a foreign country and not being seen since is a lot more concerning, I just can't see a lost ginger scottish person being missed by everyone in Hamburg for over 10 days which makes me think LC has sadly come to harm. I don't believe the bakery sighting is real, the "witnesses" seemed a bit too happy to get their picture in the paper.

A woman who works in a bakery in the town called in to say that he had come into her shop in the morning.

“He stood there in the morning in front of the counter and seemed pretty confused then said something in English. But I didn’t understand him," Bettina Diwinski, told the Hamburg Abendblatt (HA).

“I turned around to a colleague and when I looked back he had gone. I later saw a picture in a newspaper and it was clearly the confused man,” she said.

[...]

But several other people in the town of 40,000 residents have also reported seeing him. The most recent reported sighting came this Tuesday, with a local claiming to have spotted him on Saturday (Feb 17th).
https://www.thelocal.de/20180221/the-young-scot-missing-in-hamburg-what-we-know-so-far
My theory is there is a foreigner in Buxtehude (maybe a homeless person) who looks like Liam. The interview with bakery staff (there were two women, one doesn‘t speak English very good and the other one could just tell it was English but didn‘t really get what he was saying).
https://twitter.com/thomas_bildde/status/965893261465448448

Why oh why do guys seem to get really drunk and then go missing near water.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-43141257
attachment.php

Missing Inverness stag do man 'may have been hurt and lost memory'
In their latest update, his family have said he might be suffering from a head injury.They believe something may have happened to frighten the 29-year-old.
"Liam is extremely close to his family and friends. As the best man, he planned his brother's stag do meticulously and was very much looking forward to the wedding.

"He might have hurt himself, maybe sustained a head injury and could be suffering from memory loss. He is probably confused and probably feeling vulnerable and lonely.
The family stressed that Liam does not speak any German.
And they are unsure if he is still wearing the same clothes or has obtained different clothing.
"We appeal to you to remain vigilant and to continue looking for him, not just in Buxtehude as it is possible he may have moved on from there.

"We also ask if anyone has any out buildings or disused sheds etc that they check these for any signs of Liam. There will likely be further searches organised throughout Hamburg."
rbbm.

Attachments

• _100118429_liam2.jpg
    _100118429_liam2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 287
They should ask people to check their basements too. The central heating thing (no idea what's it called) is usually down in the basement and it's a bit warm around it.

This is from a reply to someone in the Help find Liam Colgan FB who discovered a grey hoodie in Buxtehude. Looks like the lower pics are taken from the CCTV footage at G+J building.
d1a5faebe1a5fe7ce44c60667244b347.jpg

The passerby who helped him can partially be seen and he is not wearing the straw hat any more.

In the CCTV images it looks like he’s on a zebra crossing but zooming in on google maps you can see a striped paved area at the NE corner of the rectangular G+J building:
https://goo.gl/maps/tqcrcTz4UBo

Bless him...still wearing his hat...

Seeing how he’s dressed in the photos here, I’d describe it as dark clothing just in the way the bakery person in Buxtehude had. Maybe no change of clothing after all.

It may not be something Liam's family would like to do, but if he has memory issues, wondering if it would be helpful if they put up pictures of themselves to remind Liam on the chance he notices those posters?

It may not be something Liam's family would like to do, but if he has memory issues, wondering if it would be helpful if they put up pictures of themselves to remind Liam on the chance he notices those posters?

Very good idea. Maybe Scotland888 can pass it on to the family?

Good call dotr. You are on fire with sleuthing here.

When was the most recent sighting of Liam, confirmed or unconfirmed? Have these stopped now?

What will it be? 4 years this July since Lars disappeared? Is that right? I still believe that he is alive, somewhere, disorientated in Bulgaria. So I am not giving up on Liam. No, not at all.

Good call dotr. You are on fire with sleuthing here.

When was the most recent sighting of Liam, confirmed or unconfirmed? Have these stopped now?
Unconfirmed: Someone called police yesterday and believes to have seen Liam on Saturday.

Source: https://www.mopo.de/29736582

I think they are following 30+ hints but no hot lead so far according to police.

I don't think this is a head injury situation, I think Liam is horribly upset about something (the wedding?) and is distraught and wandering about. I believe this is self imposed hiding/wandering.

His brother would know why, but most likely sparing him the embarrassment of sharing.

All armchair amateur speculation. And yes, dotr is on a roll!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back