Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of people being drugged? If I click on the „Poor“ reviews, most complain that it is run down (yeah), there are drug dealers and hookers (hell, yeah), obnoxious drunk people (oh yeah) but it’s a far stretch to make a generalization based on this guy‘s experience (which could even happen in a small-town pub). Not going to argue with you that it didn‘t happen to Liam, I‘m just sayin‘ the possibility that he was simply drunk and out of it is worth considering.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187331-d191092-r198629832-Reeperbahn-Hamburg.html

ill find u a dozen like it....all the travel advisor sites have tons of stories like this....not killings or violence but more the seedy rip off drugs world side of it..its common in any red light booze area

I hope that you also allow the insight of locals and people familiar with Hamburg to this topic, this may rather bring some light to some stuff to be found in the net.

Yes please. Because Hamburg is lovely. I still would like to know...why a stag party out of country? I haven't heard a good answer yet. xo To me going out of the country to a place one has never been before for a stag party is...it seems extreme to me.

Yes please. Because Hamburg is lovely. I still would like to know...why a stag party out of country? I haven't heard a good answer yet. xo To me going out of the country to a place one has never been before for a stag party is...it seems extreme to me.

Legal red light district

Just to show how times have changed (I think), before Internet and social media, those of us who traveled felt invincible. We’re tourists, what can happen? The locals loved tourists. In most cases this was, and still is true, but I was always warned of those who saw tourists as an easy mark. We were wary but not overly cautious. Nothing really to add here. JMO.

Legal red light district
Could be a reason, but this is also a very interesting combination of entertainment places, not only bars, but also small and big clubs and one of the best party areas in Germany.
There are many stag parties happening, also the bachelorette ones
People can do a lot of things during the day as this is a big city and then go party. And there are some favourable flight connection, which make it kind of very afforsable and interesting too.

Why do many British (and German) young people spend their holidays in Mallorca, only to get drunk? Why is the Munich Octoberfest full of tourists from all over the world? Because these are popular party locations.

Hamburg has stag-do parties all the time, it‘s not uncommon. Maybe they booked a package similar to one of these? https://www.stagweb.co.uk/stag-weekends/hamburg.asp

About the cash Liam had: Eamonn said it was „little cash“, so I din‘t think he had money rolls in his pocket.

It's pretty common here in the U.K to go away for a stag or hen party in Europe particularly. Most of the time it's just to get drunk, party hard and have a good time. It's not my thing as I don't drink and don't like people getting recklessly drunk as it can put them in grave danger.

its a red light area described as amsterdam without the coffee bars but rougher....from what i see its one of those places u dont go down the side streets after 2 in the morning unless ur very street wise or foolish...
That is simply not true. I live in Hamburg.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

It's a bit of a mystery to me too. However there has been a gradual escalation over the past 30 years in what a stag or hen party should amount to. Go back 30 years and it was probably going out for a pizza/curry and a few drinks afterwards. Today it can be as much as a week abroad.

I suspect it's partly down to the way Brits in particular have come to take cheap flights to Europe for granted. Hotel costs are often much lower outside the UK and Ireland. Booze can be a lot cheaper abroad because it's taxed so heavily by the UK government. Better weather. Increased expectations of leisure time. Your antics are much less likely to make your home media than if you were arrested or photographed throwing up in your home town. And as has been mentioned by a previous poster, for stag parties one attraction is legal brothels and prostitution.

Not all of them go abroad or are tacky by any means. Some groups use them as a way to try something new, such as riding, shooting, rock climbing, ethnic cookery or cocktail mixing.

That is simply not true. I live in Hamburg.

i dont mean to slag ur home town off.when u live in a place u become used to it and see it differently to some who may visit..i used to live in a big city and there were parts i thought were fine,just my city but in reality they could be dodgy.this is all going off topic all i was trying to point out is spiking does happen and a bit more than people may admit..a lot of events arnt reported,people put it down to a learning curve...it was only it might have happened ,not saying it did.there are cases around the world people have dissapeared only to be found years later living a completely life happily blind to who they were..its rare but rare is not impossible..

Nope sorry. Shall write in more detail at a later stage. That is simply not accurate for that part of town.
I'd happily walk on Reeperbahn at any time of night on my own.
Wouldn't do that in other areas of the city.
Red light district, yes. But totally different than in other cities. This is where you go out. Tons of really good (and expensive) restaurants, musicals, concert halls, etc.
Party mile. Filled with stag and hen dos.

ok your not going to let this drop..im off..have fun people.....

Arguing on the thread isn't helping Liam or his loved ones.

It's amazing how a person can go missing in 2018 in a busy modern city. I hope there is a breakthrough soon.

I don't mean to argue at all. Just give insight on the area.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...waterday-single-best-kept-secret-fund-search/
MEMORIES Missing Liam Colgan’s band reveal heartache at hearing the postie’s voice on charity single

Waterday hope tune Best Kept Secret will help find their singer, who vanished in Hamburg on February 10
attachment.php

Waterday pledged all money from downloads of Best Kept Secret will go towards the search effort in Germany.
Liam’s brother Eamonn, 33, hailed the bid, which could pay for Facebook ads in Berlin and Hanover. He said: “We’re behind it.”

Attachments

• liam6.jpg
    liam6.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 222
Ironic band name given many of you think he’s in the river.
I still believe he is alive.

Here is a very gritty account of prostitution in Germany. Warning: it's gritty, and gritty language and sexual references are used. Proceed with caution.

The point of posting this is to call out the victims in prostitution. The women. They are not doing this type of work because it's fun having sex with drunk strangers, but because they are desperate and exploited in one way or another. Putting an "entertainment" wrapper around prostitution areas with restaurants, theaters, sports bars still doesn't change what it is. These are desperate areas of exploitation for very desperate women. Many were abused as children, or are drug addicted, or both.

This exploitation does not limit itself to women, but is far more prevalent. Germany is by no means the only country that has such exploitation of women, but it is the country we are discussing due to this case.

This is human exploitation. Period. Nothing entertaining about that.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...lity-of-prostitution-in-germany-a-902533.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macogle
Back