Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still can’t believe there is no sign of Liam. This case is baffling.

I’m getting an awful feeling in the pit of my stomache. It’s too quiet.

Okay, posted about the fairly recent case concerning a missing firefighter who was finally located alive but confused, in California.
Now, a teen missing for 2 years has also just been located alive some distance from home.
So, let's just hope Liam makes for a lucky number 3!
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...vanishing-2-years-ago&p=14065526#post14065526
Teen, Aubrey Jayce Carroll appears after vanishing 2 years ago

Okay, posted about the fairly recent case concerning a missing firefighter who was finally located alive but confused, in California.
Now, a teen missing for 2 years has also just been located alive some distance from home.
So, let's just hope Liam makes for a lucky number 3!
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...vanishing-2-years-ago&p=14065526#post14065526
Teen, Aubrey Jayce Carroll appears after vanishing 2 years ago

How fantastic! Yes, let’s hope that Liam makes it a lucky number 3. Thanks dotr for letting us know.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/22/missing-liam-colgans-family-fear-injured-hamburg-stag-7332506/
attachment.php

This pertains to missing people in Canada, but likely applies to anybody, anywhere, imo.
https://missingpersonsinformation.ca/resources/what-to-do-if-you-recognize-a-missing-person/
[h=1]What to do if you Recognize a Missing Person[/h] [h=2]If you recognize a missing person[/h] If you believe you saw and/or recognize someone who is listed as a missing person, the most important action that you can take is to contact police.

Any details that you recall are important and may be useful.
[h=2]Importance of information[/h] Sometimes people believe that the information they have about a missing person is too small to be important. Others may believe that the information they have is already known to police. The only way to be sure that police have the information is to share it with them.

The police may be able to use what you think is a minor bit of information to help further their investigation. Sometimes information that seems irrelevant makes sense when it is added to the facts of the case the police already have.

[h=2]Ways to submit information or tips[/h]
  1. Contact the police agency handling the investigation.
  2. To submit the information anonymously, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or 1-800-222-8477.
  3. Contact your local police service.
[h=2]If you recognize yourself as a missing person[/h] Adults who disappear voluntarily have not committed a criminal offence. Going missing is not a crime.

If you are identified as a missing person in the news, or any public forum, it means that someone is looking for you. You may decide to contact a family member or close friend to let her/him know that you are okay.

Another option that is open to you is to contact the police and explain that you have seen a missing person poster of yourself. The police will arrange to meet with you so that they can verify your identity.
It is also important for you to let police know what your wishes are about sharing your contact information with family and friends. Police will follow your wishes for privacy if you request it.
Only after police have confirmed your identity will the missing person file be closed.

[h=2]Reasons to contact police if you are a missing person[/h] Being the subject of an open missing person file can cause potential problems for you. For example, it could prevent you from travelling outside of Canada, or cause problems in obtaining certain types of identification such as a passport.

More importantly, closing the file will help you to live your life as you choose.

Attachments

• sei_620788.jpg
    sei_620788.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 370
Are there other adult males Liam’s age missing from the area in recent years?

Are there other adult males Liam’s age missing from the area in recent years?
Not that I know of, other than some juvenile runaways who sooner or later return to their families. There was a 22 year old boxer killed in Hamburg, but police suspect it was a contract killing and his killer (who also killed another woman) committed suicide in jail.

Cities across Germany to be searched for Liam Colgan

Cities across Germany are to be searched to find missing Liam Colgan, his family have said.

It has been ten weeks since the 29-year-old, from Inverness, was last seen since disappearing during his brother Eamonn's stag do in Hamburg on February 10.

Two sightings were reportedly made of the postman earlier this month but his family have confirmed both were not of him.

Family and friends believe Mr Colgan has now left Hamburg and are planning to search other cities across Germany next month.

It comes after searches were made of Hamburg's homeless shelters and drop in cafes last week.

[...]

In a statement, his family said: "The trip to Hamburg did not lead us to the outcome we hoped for.

"However, family, friends and the fantastic group of volunteers took the opportunity to search all homeless shelters and drop in cafes, of which there are hundreds, including a large number of sites that we were unaware of prior to the trip. Liam's face was well known in these circles but nobody has seen him.

"This information now makes us think that it is very possible that Liam is no longer in Hamburg.

"With fresh thinking about his possible location we are drawing up plans for search groups to visit other large German cities to highlight the appeal and widen the search. We anticipate that a large group of friends and family will make the trip towards the end of May."

[...]

The family added: "It was with this hope that last week family and friends returned to Hamburg to investigate two sightings of a person matching Liam's description, including one that provided a photograph.

"Unfortunately, it transpired that the person in the photograph, whilst sharing similar facial characteristics, was not Liam and was in fact a German national.

"The other lead we reported has not yielded any further information on Liam's whereabouts."

https://stv.tv/news/north/1413009-cities-across-germany-to-be-searched-for-liam-colgan/

Don't give up! You *will* find him!
Prayers to the Colgan family from across the pond

Does the family think Liam in on the run? Or that maybe he has some form of amnesia?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Does the family think Liam in on the run? Or that maybe he has some form of amnesia?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They have expressed in a few interviews that they believe he could have amnesia caused by a head wound and that he‘s probably lost and confused. They always said there is no reason he would just leave and that he had great plans traveling and that he was a happy guy, no depression or anything like that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv....f-missing-liam-colgan-found-in-hamburg-river/

The body of a Scottish man missing in Hamburg since vanishing on his brother's stag weekend has been found.

Liam Colgan, 29, from Inverness, was last seen on a night out in the German city on February 10.

His body was recovered from the River Elbe at around 6.30am on Monday.

The Lucie Blackman Trust, a charity which has supported Mr Colgan's family during his disappearance, confirmed the discovery.

"Whilst formal identification is yet to be carried out, Mr Colgan's driving licence was in the pocket of the jacket and the clothes were those he was wearing the night he disappeared," it said in a statement.

RIP [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statement Lucie Blackman Trust:

The Lucie Blackman Trust is saddened to confirm that a body found in the River Elbe, Hamburg, is that of Liam Colgan, missing after attending his brother’s stag weekend in the German city.

Whilst formal identification is yet to be carried out, Mr Colgan’s driving licence was in the pocket of the jacket, and the clothes were those he was wearing the night he disappeared.

The Trust asks that Mr Colgan’s family be given space and privacy to grieve at this difficult time. The charity’s Chief Executive, Matthew Searle recognises that a huge amount of people will be impacted by this news;

“An astonishing amount of support has been apparent in this case – the search for Liam has been joined by thousands of people, both German and British, and we would like to thank all of them for their support. Our thoughts are of course with Liam’s family and friends today.”

Liam's family also wish to thank everyone for the "incredible support" they have received.

MEDIA NOTE - NO FURTHER COMMENT OR STATEMENT WILL BE COMING FROM THE FAMILY TODAY.

IF THE FAMILY OR FRIENDS WISH TO RELEASE ANYTHING IT WILL BE THROUGH THE LUCIE BLACKMAN TRUST – WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE DO NOT APPROACH THE FAMILY OR FRIENDS AND RESPECT THEIR NEED FOR PRIVACY AT THIS DIFFICULT TIME. THANK YOU.

https://www.facebook.com/LBTrust/posts/2049125958685801

I feel totally gutted and blindsided by this news, with all of the sightings even recently I was very hopeful for Liam's safe return to his family.

Thoughts and prayers for his family!

RIP Liam [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My prayers and deepest condolences to Liam's family.

R.i.P. Liam ��

My deepest condolences an love to Liam's family an friends. I always felt he was in the river, always wanted to be wrong tho. So many cases I've read with men an falling into the water. So very sad. Rest in sweet Heaven Liam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plaguedoverlord
Back