Found Alive Germany - Maria-Brigitte Henselmann, 13, Freiburg, 4 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't find anything either.

Here's the Interpol website - I can't see anything there yet. But officers will know, even if the case hasn't made it to the website yet.
http://www.interpol.int/en

I have checked a few times also - both names in Missing Persons / Wanted & International - and nothing about them. The media room has nothing as yet either.

zwiebel said:
I can never find anything on this site, no matter how I search. Can anyone else see anything about Maria here?
http://www.toytowngermany.com/
*No luck from me there either

Neither Haase (wanted) nor Maria (missing) on the Interpol site, still.

I hope she is okay, thinking of her often.

Just to add: The English version of the Find Maria Poster is attached.
From the web: Find Maria Poster
No further updates or news I can locate as yet.

Attachments

• ENGLISH VERSION FIND MARIA POSTER.jpg
    ENGLISH VERSION FIND MARIA POSTER.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 30
yesterday i was at my parents, who live in germany (Im german) and they havent even heard anything about Maria and her being missing. They do watch the news and read the newspaper.

I know. It's really going viral, but there does seem this strange reluctance by the mainstream media to pursue the story, and I'm also finding the information released by police and family is very limited.

I don't really see how this has a chance to spread to media in other countries if it's not really spreading here......

Hubby's in the Netherlands at the mo. I'll ask him if he's heard anything over there.

Hubby's in the Netherlands at the mo. I'll ask him if he's heard anything over there.

Doubt it, we have the two boys missing and all media (or lets say alot of it) goes out to that. I think Maria's media attention is more regional, or at least thats the idea I get.

It's been in the news here (Northern Switzerland), but probably only because we're so close to where she went missing. In fact, I don't think there have been updates for a couple of days here either. But there really aren't any anywhere, not even in the local Freiburg news.

Oh wow. Thanks Donjeta - I'm defintely not going to try reading the Finnish one though! My old German teacher (poor lady) was Finnish and she told me not to ever even think about attempting her language.....

I really can't understand why this isn't making bigger headlines in Germany. It hasn't even got a mention on the local.de english language news site. I can't help thinking it is because the main pic of Maria looks more like an 18-year-old. But she is 13, for heaven's sake. 13!

I wish Haase's family would make an appeal to him to bring her home. I think they should.

I think it's because she is classified as a runaway. They don't make the headlines usually, at least not for long.

zwiebel said:
I wish Haase's family would make an appeal to him to bring her home. I think they should.
I wish for this too!

Another day past and still no concrete news about Maria & Haase :(
Though there seems there has been an renewed interest as people are starting to post the flyers around a bit more. (Facebook source)

(Mods: if this below is in the wrong place please remove)
There is an Wordpress Blog which has an Anonymous Contact option which Marias mother has posted a link to on Facebook and a Mothers plea for Maria to contact her.

Just in case Maria see's this thread - the link is here:
Wordpress Blog with Anonymous Contact Option

In my thoughts, I hope Maria is home soon.

(If I have *translated anything incorrectly please let me know and I will rectify it - PM me if necessary) :)

A news article from RTL dated 14th May 2013 -
RTL News Article 14th May 2013
The Police are still under the impression that Maria has left voluntarily with Haase, which is in contrast to what Maria's mother and her friends believe.

A 2:26 minute news video (which is in the news article link above) outlining the disappearance and contains comments from Maria's friends and Thomas Sonnenburg:
RTL News Video

Thank you for the new links FigTree. That is REALLY worrying if Maria's family are saying she would not have left voluntarily. Family should always be listened to in missing child cases, in my opinion.

Thank you for the new links FigTree. That is REALLY worrying if Maria's family are saying she would not have left voluntarily. Family should always be listened to in missing child cases, in my opinion.

Hi zwiebel, I agree!
Even after this long - 12 days, I wish there were more details than speculation regarding the circumstances of of her 'voluntary' disappearance - and further details like where she left from, what she was wearing, her statistics, Haase's last known whereabouts - its startling me that after this much time there has been no sighting of her (Maria) - Haase - the car - or the dog.

Things still don't add up for me about this -
Why would Maria leave with this man?
She may have left voluntarily - or have been lured into leaving with him and she may have left with him, but that does not mean that she a) knew that she would be away this long or b) that she did leave with him voluntarily, and c) nor can we assume she is still with him.

Why would Haase do this knowing that: People would be searching for Maria if she did not turn up for school or come home.
Haase must have realized that he would be wanted for such serious charges by the Police/and now Interpol by taking Maria (you'd think) and not returning her for this long.
or was it premeditated and did he know that if it seemed that Maria left 'voluntarily' that this would give him more time before an alert was raised and that she would be classified as a Missing Person? It seems that her not attending school delayed the alert - although I think the Police were contacted Sunday.

If he did not intend for this amount of time to pass - where are they (including the dog & car)?

Where is all the Media coverage and specifics related to this?

Has Maria been formally labelled as a Missing Person as yet?
I have not seen an Official Poster for her as Missing. Possibly the Police do have some leads to go on, but are not saying.

Haase's details are not yet up on the Interpol *site - and if Maria is not classified as Missing I doubt her details will be put into a data base.

Reports have stated (facebook page) that there are anywhere from 50-200 pieces of information submitted regarding the case - I hope they have some quality leads in amongst it all.

:dunno:

If I have missed any official information which would answer these questions, please post :)

I hope she gets home soon and safely.

No more news as yet - and still no sightings.
Hoping she will return home soon.

I would like to know how mom determined she didn't go on her own after mom saying that Maria was having a ' relationship' with him. Is it possible that is a language barrier/translation error and mom didn't mean a ' romantic relationship' but rather that Mari knew him as in had a ' friendly ' relationship as she might her hair dresser or the mail man? Did that make sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back