Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Superdad
that is what I expected they have. Sounds like Amaral was correct with “ Das Buch” ?

” "There is a lot of handwritten record by Christian B. This is a kind of notebook with sometimes very personal content. These notebooks give insights into the defendant's world of thought," the Chief Prosecutor continues. "Records can be found in the books and also self-painted pictures."
And they are not for the faint of heart! According to RTL information, the books describe the defendant's fantasies - they are sexual fantasies. According to our information, this is, among other things, about the kidnapping of a woman and a child - then a rape is described. And not only that: On self-painted pictures, you should even see how a child is raped.””
Well, it seems like as if GA was right, at least once in his lifetime.

Although i'm a little bit disappionted, because until today i still kept up hope of real footage of his crimes existing, i'm already kind of relieved. Because handwritten "confessions" of crimes, togehther with other clues that these crimes really have been commited, seem to be strong evidence to me as well.

Well, it seems like as if GA was right, at least once in his lifetime.

Although i'm a little bit disappionted, because until today i still kept up hope of real footage of his crimes existing, i'm already kind of relieved. Because handwritten "confessions" of crimes, togehther with other clues that these crimes really have been commited, seem to be strong evidence to me as well.
Yes I thought the same but it’s released for the 5 crimes where we Know there is no footage. That does not mean there isn’t in the Mccann case. But it would be great for the two rapes imagine his descriptions or paintings would fit to H and M descriptions of the crimes.

Yes I thought the same but it’s released for the 5 crimes where we Know there is no footage. That does not mean there isn’t in the Mccann case. But it would be great for the two rapes imagine his descriptions or paintings would fit to H and M descriptions of the crimes.
Sure, we just don't know what differences or similarities between the recent charge and the MM case exist. But i do not expect a lot of differences! The upcoming trial seems to be a kind of intended indicator prior to the MM trial, i guess.

On the other hand, the last 4 years showed us pretty clearly, that CB just doesn't seem to be a guy that just likes to brag around. He also likes to dig, to bury stuff, to write a lot about his life and to produce some pretty realistic drawings. So let's see, what he has to offer for the world, from inside his "diary"....

Last edited:
Thanks for the post @SuperdadV8

Finally we have something concrete to discuss. Immediate thoughts

How useful it is will depend on how specific it is. Like does it map to real events they can corroborate? Or is it more fantasy that indicates propensity? If the former, it is higher value than the later

I guess this lends credibility to the theory that it is these writings/drawings that put him in the frame for MM rather than any speculated video. That could explain why he isn't charged. They have a 'confession' in the form of a book/drawing, but don't have the corroboration.

How useful it is will depend on how specific it is. Like does it map to real events they can corroborate? Or is it more fantasy that indicates propensity? If the former, it is higher value than the later

I guess this lends credibility to the theory that it is these writings/drawings that put him in the frame for MM rather than any speculated video. That could explain why he isn't charged. They have a 'confession' in the form of a book/drawing, but don't have the corroboration.
Yes, I think an issue might be, dependent on the context, are these real confession or fantasies Only the judges will determine that.

The indictment against Christian B is 102 pages long. The Braunschweig public prosecutor's office accuses the 46-year-old of three cases of serious rape and two cases of sexual abuse of children. According to the indictment, the crimes took place in Portugal between the end of December 2000 and June 2017. In the country where Maddie McCann disappeared from her hotel room in 2007.

The missing person case has been under investigation for years - so far without charges against Christian B. Christian B., who has also been convicted of child abuse, is currently serving a seven-year prison sentence in Lower Saxony - including for raping a 72-year-old US tourist in Portugal.

In the case, which will be heard from February, one disgusting detail follows the next. Witness statements essentially support the accusation, as senior public prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters confirmed in an interview with RTL. And: “There are a lot of handwritten notes from Christian B. These are a kind of notebook with some very personal content. These notebooks provide insights into the defendant’s mind,” the senior public prosecutor continues. “In the books you can find records and also self-painted pictures.”
And they are not for the faint of heart! According to RTL information, the books describe the defendant's fantasies - they are sexual fantasies. According to our information, this involves, among other things, the kidnapping of a woman and a child - then a rape is described. And not only that: self-painted pictures even show a child being raped.
The search for clues into Maddie McCann's disappearance is also continuing. Senior Public Prosecutor Wolters: “The investigations into the Maddie case are ongoing and are independent of the outcome of the upcoming trial.”

For example, the evaluation of the results of the reservoir search from last summer has not yet been completed. Following a tip from a British man who discovered a kind of shrine at the Arade reservoir in Portugal just a few months after the girl's disappearance, the Federal Criminal Police Office investigated the site and found new clues.

IMO - hand written notes along with drawings may be a link between the cases. A strong piece of evidence to corroborate these crimes. If he’s mentioned 1 of the victims specifically & MM specifically- then it’s super easy to show a link. If they have this thread of evidence it’ll be very difficult to come up with a rational counter argument against it.

Last edited:
I think there is too much evidence against Christian for him not to be the killer. I do still think that the police should investigate whether he had any previous connection to Maddie's parents or Robert Murat.

What actual evidence have you seen ?
No "actual" evidence but it doesn't take a genius to work this case out.

- Christian make a phone call at the Ocean Club around the time of Madeleine's disappearance
- Christian was previously a suspect in the disappearance of Inga Ghericke
- Christian confessed to MULTIPLE people
- Christian is a prolific sex offender
- Christian looks like one of the e-fit photos
- Christian is being a smartass in prison instead of properly fighting his innocence
- Police say they have found proof that Madeleine is dead

It's very obvious that he has done it. The only question is whether he will actually be found guilty.

I think there is too much evidence against Christian for him not to be the killer. I do still think that the police should investigate whether he had any previous connection to Maddie's parents or Robert Murat.
I agree. Stranger abduction was always the only plausible scenario. From the day it happened until now, the evidence & information against CB is overwhelmingly more credible than anybody & everybody else beforehand. If 10% of the evidence & information against CB was applied to other people talked about in this case - people would be screaming guilty from the rooftops.

Sure, we just don't know what differences or similarities between the recent charge and the MM case exist. But i do not expect a lot of differences! The upcoming trial seems to be a kind of intended indicator prior to the MM trial, i guess.

On the other hand, the last 4 years showed us pretty clearly, that CB just doesn't seem to be a guy that just likes to brag around. He also likes to dig, to bury stuff, to write a lot about his life and to produce some pretty realistic drawings. So let's see, what he has to offer for the world, from inside his "diary"....
And not only the diary, but all these witnesses too!!

One hopes he's tried on actual evidence not his fantasies, although they may paint a picture of his personality .

Agree. Hand written accounts, drawings & records won’t just span for these 5 cases, so highly likely it’ll play into future MM proceedings. If they can attribute his documents to specific victims & including MM, then I doubt anybody would be on the fence about his guilt.

Agree. Hand written accounts, drawings & records won’t just span for these 5 cases, so highly likely it’ll play into future MM proceedings. If they can attribute his documents to specific victims & including MM, then I doubt anybody would be on the fence about his guilt.
I quite agree. It'll all hinge on the quality of evidence presented and to what degree it will be open to interpretation.

I quite agree. It'll all hinge on the quality of evidence presented and to what degree it will be open to interpretation.
To be honest, that’s why I’m glad these cases will be heard in detail in front of experienced judges. The size of the files, length of the trial & number of witnesses mean that there can be a comprehensive exploration of the evidence & a judgement at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth