Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this evidence is presented in court I shall no doubt be among them.
Historically with this case, people have had a lot of time to think, overthink, find a group that think what they think & then rethink, constructing all manner of ideas in the process. Abductions tend not to be overly complicated crimes, yet they’re perceived as complicated if they go unsolved. When the correct suspect is identified & the simple dots are joined, the simplicity confuses people. But given the noise it’s not surprising people got caught out.

If anything, this trial may put some clarity on these serious offences & change perspectives in the process

Jmo

Thanks for the post @SuperdadV8

Finally we have something concrete to discuss. Immediate thoughts

How useful it is will depend on how specific it is. Like does it map to real events they can corroborate? Or is it more fantasy that indicates propensity? If the former, it is higher value than the later

I guess this lends credibility to the theory that it is these writings/drawings that put him in the frame for MM rather than any speculated video. That could explain why he isn't charged. They have a 'confession' in the form of a book/drawing, but don't have the corroboration.

I never doubted that the 'Buchs' existed and formed part of the BKA's evidence (based solidly on what GC said and his opinion of them) so it's definitely good to have official confirmation on this.

And yes, it does sound like this could well be the primary source for HCW's 'If you knew what I know, you too...' claims. Good albeit a little disconcerting to finally have what looks like clarity on that.

It'll be interesting to see if/how these writings/drawings relate to and hold up in the 5 cases of the upcoming trial.

Last edited:
The Mail have picked it up,note the author makes claims of Das Buch.

The detailed notepads are called 'Das Buch' and 'Das Buch 1' and describe his sexual fantasies.

Then it's not fantasies .
Ok, so with that in mind - if he’s written about 1 of the other victims & the abduction & murder MM you’d think it wasn’t a fantasy & therefore that must mean (to you) that he was responsible?

Reactions: Dre
Ok, so with that in mind - if he’s written about 1 of the other victims & the abduction & murder MM you’d think it wasn’t a fantasy & therefore that must mean (to you) that he was responsible?
I think much depends on what was actually written and how ambiguous it might be.
E.G, writing about wanting to abduct an unnamed child doesn't necessarily mean he actually followed through and did so.
If, on the other hand he writes about taking a child in the Algarve in early 2007, it wouldn't leave much doubt what he was talking about.

I think much depends on what was actually written and how ambiguous it might be.
E.G, writing about wanting to abduct an unnamed child doesn't necessarily mean he actually followed through and did so.
If, on the other hand he writes about taking a child in the Algarve in early 2007, it wouldn't leave much doubt what he was talking about.
Fair point. Somebody who talks online about abducting a young female, who also writes about abducting a young female & draws pictures of assaulting a young female , was next to the apartment a young female went missing from. It’s tragic, but not a difficult set of dots to connect. Jmo

I never doubted that the 'Buchs' existed and formed part of the BKA's evidence (based solidly on what GC said and his opinion of them) so it's definitely good to have official confirmation on this.

And yes, it does sound like this could well be the primary source for HCW's 'If you knew what I know, you too...' claims. Good albeit a little disconcerting to finally have what looks like clarity on that.

It'll be interesting to see if/how these writings/drawings relate to and hold up in the 5 cases of the upcoming trial.

Yes - great to have this out in the open at last

A lot will depend (for this trial and the other case), how specific the writings are. As i've mentioned a fair number of times before (i'm not going to repost it all), propensity evidence is carefully handled by Judges

The idea is basically, even if a guy is a burglar based on past behaviour, that doesn't actually tell you anything about whether he did this burglary. But if there is a special/unusual signature for example - like say the burglar always leaves behind a note, then that is something that specifically links the past behaviour to the new crime.

In this case, I suspect the writings have to include some specifics that map to the other evidence to be useful. We already know CB is a violent rapist - so while sensational, i am not sure if Das Buch adds much unless it is specific.

I think in that case a lot would depend on whether you could elevate it to the level of a confession.

Often times this kind of evidence is more useful as an investigative lead than evidence in Court, and I've always leant towards the idea this is what we have been seeing. In other words, investigators 'know' what happened because CB wrote key parts down - but they need to find the evidence that corroborates the writing. You can find many cases like this where investigators know full well what went down but can't prove it. A genre classic is drug associate turns up dead.

And let's not forget how detailed his drawings can be as seen in this link

Taking into account CB’s own writings & drawings, I wonder if he has also kidnapped an adult female before. That said, with serial offenders, there’s always the possibility that there could be more than 1 victim.

Yes - great to have this out in the open at last

A lot will depend (for this trial and the other case), how specific the writings are. As i've mentioned a fair number of times before (i'm not going to repost it all), propensity evidence is carefully handled by Judges

The idea is basically, even if a guy is a burglar based on past behaviour, that doesn't actually tell you anything about whether he did this burglary. But if there is a special/unusual signature for example - like say the burglar always leaves behind a note, then that is something that specifically links the past behaviour to the new crime.

In this case, I suspect the writings have to include some specifics that map to the other evidence to be useful. We already know CB is a violent rapist - so while sensational, i am not sure if Das Buch adds much unless it is specific.

Based on the above criteria, I wonder if, in the cases of the two unknown/assault date unknown victims, CB might have documented/illustrated both attacks, and his written descriptions match - at least in the case of the '14' yr old girl (tied to a wooden pole, etc) - the description given by the two witnesses of the alleged video footage they viewed?

I've always been curious as to how these two cases (no names, no dates, no nothing other than hearsay) made the charge cut. But If they were documented and the detail in them tallied with the witness evidence, then that might maybe explain their inclusion on the charge sheet.

Just thinking aloud...

Last edited:
If HCW has indeed been commenting on evidence to be brought before the court, is there not Sub Judice in German law?

If HCW has indeed been commenting on evidence to be brought before the court, is there not Sub Judice in German law?

There is no jury, so no risk of tainting a jury. Judges are assumed to be not at risk from seeing news coverage. I personally prefer the prosecutor speaks through his indictments. I don't see why he is doing a presser about the evidence, but as we know, he has been like this the whole way through.

Das Buch is real. Looks like it is part of the evidence against CB for the MM case.

GA was correct.

Das Buch, HeB… what else?
The difference being with the five charges at least 4 of the victims are alive to testify the corroborating events CB may have written about, in the case of MM it's obviously all circumstantial possibly writing about raping a child, she didn't scream, , I know what happened,etc he might have been in Luz at the time.HCW says theres no forensic evidence to link CB and MM, no forensic evidence MM is dead you can see how he trying to link CB to MM but it's possibly a bridge too far ,all opinion.

There is no jury, so no risk of tainting a jury. Judges are assumed to be not at risk from seeing news coverage. I personally prefer the prosecutor speaks through his indictments. I don't see why he is doing a presser about the evidence, but as we know, he has been like this the whole way through.
Interestingly I've found this, how accurate or if it applies who knows.

3. publicly communicates verbatim essential parts or all of the indictment or other official documents of a criminal proceeding, a proceeding to impose a summary fine or a disciplinary proceeding before they have been addressed in a public hearing or before the proceeding has been concluded.

Interestingly I've found this, how accurate or if it applies who knows.

3. publicly communicates verbatim essential parts or all of the indictment or other official documents of a criminal proceeding, a proceeding to impose a summary fine or a disciplinary proceeding before they have been addressed in a public hearing or before the proceeding has been concluded.

I'm guessing here because the indictment is now publicly filed, he can discuss it, and journalists can report on it.

I'm guessing here because the indictment is now publicly filed, he can discuss it, and journalists can report on it.
I guess we're talking Apple's and pears between a brit system and a German one if its not allowed Im sure FF would be on the case.

The contents of the Buch surely tell us only that CB is a paedophile, which we already knew.Is there anything in there that establishes he is the paedophile who abducted MM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty