Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we have official confirmation on the existence of the Buchs and the significant part they appear to play in this investigation, it throws some light on why so little attention was ever given to 5A and why HCW & Co were so tight-lipped about the nature of the evidence they had.

It's possible that the Buchs and the various witnesses are the sum total of what they have, and the case against CB, as far as MM is concerned, has been built around them. That would certainly explain why he hasn't been charged.

All I hope, as ever, is that we get to hear the evidence against him and see how these Fantasy writings have turned into damning facts.
I’ve said for while it’s only Das Buch, witness statements and coincidence putting CB in the frame.

Does anyone know if it can be established with any certainty that a drawing or painting was copied from a photo? If it’s a yes, this might explain a few things about Das Buch.

I share your hope. I think we may her things about the writing and art in the upcoming cases.

Not looking good for MM, IMO.

The contents of the Buch surely tell us only that CB is a paedophile, which we already knew.Is there anything in there that establishes he is the paedophile who abducted MM?

I think there are only 2 ways it can establish anything at trial

It contains elements that can be independently corroborated. So for example if it contained a description of how the crime was carried out and the aftermath, and that gave clues enabling LE to recover evidence, then that would tend to suggest he must be the killer.

OR it can be treated as a confession. He simply says directly that he did it.

What would explain a lot in this case is that after this suspect came to their attention via HeB, they recovered Das Buch which have them background details confirming they were on the right track. They then have the phone evidence which suggests he was in the area that night, and the Jag rego thing which could be a corroboration in light of what is in Das Buch.

At that point, they probably simply expected that if they focussed on him via public appeal, more shoes would drop. But maybe they simply never got the direct piece of evidence they need.

IMO

I’ve said for while it’s only Das Buch, witness statements and coincidence putting CB in the frame.

Does anyone know if it can be established with any certainty that a drawing or painting was copied from a photo? If it’s a yes, this might explain a few things about Das Buch.

I share your hope. I think we may her things about the writing and art in the upcoming cases.

Not looking good for MM, IMO.

As mentioned, No Stone Unturned contains an analogous case where a drug dealer murdered a low level user/dealer and told another criminal associate that he did it and disposed of the body in water. The criminal later ratted to law enforcement, but they could never get the confession on a wire. They spent years looking at every rock quarry and reservoir in the area but it was a needle in a haystack.

So they knew who did it, but the bare confession was not enough for a trial. Years later the case was resolved when a different associate who was there told LE that the body was in the boot of a car in a river.

In the present case, unless they have a piece of evidence directly linking CB to the crime (like the body), Das Buch is unlikely to be enough.

This explains a lot about why they went public in the first place, and why it was justified. e.g if CB has authored a detailed confession of sorts, they may feel that allows them to accuse him with confidence.

I wonder why Das Buch wasn't mentioned in the first rape case? Or was it but it was suppressed?
It didn't need be as DNA was present and the lady was still alive at the time, it's only after this that they drew connection to the Irish lady, and I'm not sure where and when das buchs found, sure someone can answer that on here

It didn't need be as DNA was present and the lady was still alive at the time, it's only after this that they drew connection to the Irish lady, and I'm not sure where and when das buchs found, sure someone can answer that on here
That's a good question, did he have them on him when arrested or were they found in his run down building? I'd go for personal diaries and he'd have them with or close to him.

I wonder why Das Buch wasn't mentioned in the first rape case? Or was it but it was suppressed?
Now it's been widely mentioned there seems nothing mentioned about MM, personally the kind of guy he is he'd document it imo especially after his alleged ramblings in the bars.Maybe also they have gone as far as they can with what is written, eg: they had the buch at the first trial and suppressed them because they were working on the other cases.

Snip
The man has also been in contact with Scotland Yard investigators and German prosecutor HCW, who is leading the investigation into the Maddie case. HCW told Sky News that he had forwarded KR's statement to German investigators.

The appropriate course of action was always to approach the investigating authorities with any 'new' information which might be relevant to an active case and not MSM.

One puzzles why it has taken so long for KR to come forward at this remove and not three years ago. But at least his information will now be investigated and ruled in or ruled out of what is still an active and very high profile investigation.
However, better late than never.

Snip
"The investigations into the MM case are ongoing and are independent ..." Mr W said.

Snip
The man has also been in contact with Scotland Yard investigators and German prosecutor HCW, who is leading the investigation into the Maddie case. HCW told Sky News that he had forwarded KR's statement to German investigators.

The appropriate course of action was always to approach the investigating authorities with any 'new' information which might be relevant to an active case and not MSM.

One puzzles why it has taken so long for KR to come forward at this remove and not three years ago. But at least his information will now be investigated and ruled in or ruled out of what is still an active and very high profile investigation.
However, better late than never.

Snip
"The investigations into the MM case are ongoing and are independent ..." Mr W said.
it has been denied he went to the British police though by the police themselves

I was wondering the same - where does this idea come from?

As usual it's odd to see such things quoted without proper sourcing. But also as usual everything is strange about this case. HCWs interview was again very odd. What is the point of him doing media? I wonder what his strategy is

It came from HB in an interview he did with the Sun back in July 23, where, apparently, German police were "electrified by the discovery of the lock pick kit and also are investigating the possibility that Brueckner used car paint solvent to sedate the young girl.." Electrified!! :eek::eek::eek:

We discussed it earlier in the thread (link to Mail reporting on it here )

It came from HB in an interview he did with the Sun back in July 23, where, apparently, German police were "electrified by the discovery of the lock pick kit and also are investigating the possibility that Brueckner used car paint solvent to sedate the young girl.." Electrified!! :eek::eek::eek:

LOL - yeah i forgot that!

Just out of interest, and if it's already been covered and discussed I apologise
Will the court have just media, no other people in, and will they be able to report everything as it happens, or will it be restricted?

Well done, there's so much rubbish it takes some keeping up with.

Just out of interest, and if it's already been covered and discussed I apologise
Will the court have just media, no other people in, and will they be able to report everything as it happens, or will it be restricted?
Also anyone on here live close to the court

According to the mail article I posted the public are allowed in although it's possible it will be limited to family members of the alleged victims.

Armed police will be stationed inside and outside the court for each of the 29 hearings, as Lawyers, media and members of the public will have to show formal identification to police before entering the court.

Sounds like media are allowed to watch & take notes. from what I gather, filming is only permitted before & after proceedings. I don’t know if they’ll be able to take pictures of CB.

Does anybody know how evidence is disclosed in German trials?

I imagine it’ll be incrementally, however because the German system is very detailed & structured, I wondered if it all got disclosed during a certain period. if so I’m guessing it would probably take a week or so to explain the full evidence files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty