Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really only interested in this trial in case it throws up anything useful to do with the MM case.

I suspect it is likely CB is convicted on all charges, though the rapes without identified victims might not pass muster with the Judges.

As to what might be relevant to the MM case, I guess Das Buch is something we might learn about here, that we didn't already know about. Perhaps also some general info about his movements and criminal history.

In general I guess i am sceptical we will learn a great deal.

I'm really only interested in this trial in case it throws up anything useful to do with the MM case.

I suspect it is likely CB is convicted on all charges, though the rapes without identified victims might not pass muster with the Judges.

As to what might be relevant to the MM case, I guess Das Buch is something we might learn about here, that we didn't already know about. Perhaps also some general info about his movements and criminal history.

BIB, same here ,

Re the removal of " something " from his body .
I don't think it likely a birthmark would be surgically removed unless it was a mole that had grown . We are advised to have these looked at as they could indicate malignancy?

Re the removal of " something " from his body .
I don't think it likely a birthmark would be surgically removed unless it was a mole that had grown . We are advised to have these looked at as they could indicate malignancy?
If and it's a big if he had something removed and it is part of the case, the prosecution may produce a surgeon to confirm it was removed for cosmetic purposes, the defence on the other hand could produce a surgeon who said it was pre cancerous, interesting times ahead.

If and it's a big if he had something removed and it is part of the case, the prosecution may produce a surgeon to confirm it was removed for cosmetic purposes, the defence on the other hand could produce a surgeon who said it was pre cancerous, interesting times ahead.

I don't think it's going to be significant one way or the other. I doubt the case against him as regards HaB rests remotely on this. I think it's far more likely the MO and known details of the current rape he's serving time for, combined with the evidence provided by HaB herself, and possibly Buch documentation, will be enough to secure a conviction.

I agree with MrJitty that it's likely he'll be convicted on this rape count and the two child SA ones.

I don't think it's going to be significant one way or the other. I doubt the case against him as regards HaB rests remotely on this. I think it's far more likely the MO and known details of the current rape he's serving time for, combined with the evidence provided by HaB herself, and possibly Buch documentation, will be enough to secure a conviction.

I agree with MrJitty that it's likely he'll be convicted on this rape count and the two child SA ones.
I agree that it does not matter why the blemish was removed. What matters is that the witness identified that there was one and indicated where it was located on the suspect's body.

Probably right .

I agree that it does not matter why the blemish was removed. What matters is that the witness identified that there was one and indicated where it was located on the suspect's body.
Then it matters if he never had one.

IMO, this birthmark removal piece is a case of trying to fit the suspect to the evidence even though he perhaps doesn’t fit.

Then it matters if he never had one.

IMO, this birthmark removal piece is a case of trying to fit the suspect to the evidence even though he perhaps doesn’t fit.
There are some ex-girlfriends from the period 2000-2008 who are listed to testify in the upcoming trial. No doubt they will be able to corroborate the existence (or not) of any distinctive marks CB had on his thighs during their relationships with him. The same applies to his teeth and any alteration of their appearance.

There are some ex-girlfriends from the period 2000-2008 who are listed to testify in the upcoming trial. No doubt they will be able to corroborate the existence (or not) of any distinctive marks CB had on his thighs during their relationships with him. The same applies to his teeth and any alteration of their appearance.
Does the court papers list the witnesses as ex girlfriends?

Fair point.

You may recall that FF stated in the media that because the prosecution were certain that the DM and HaB crimes were committed by the same person and the birthmark was important evidence in HaB case, there should be a retrial in the DM case - due to the fact his client has no mark.

I don’t think he would say this if untrue.

Yet it keeps appearing, this from 2022.

The fact that the charge still happens, displays (imo) that they have enough evidence against him with a prospect of conviction. I doubt the case hinges around a birthmark or rip in the tights etc.

IMO some of the evidence will overlap. Same suspect same pattern etc. autobiographical evidence including things only the perpetrator would have known may link these in some way

I share your opinion on the 2 rape cases. I think the DM & HB cases increased their prospects of running through court. It will be interesting if the court take things into context or look at things singularly. I expect the former. Jmo

re. recent discussion , this Pressreader article has some info ..

“Brueckner who has a pockmarked face, pierced ears, a five-inch scar on his lower back, an eight-inch scar on his right arm, birthmarks all over his body and hands’, including chewed fingernails. It even details a distinctive scar on his groin.”

There’s also a Telegraph article from 2020 mentioning this kind of info , but is "sign-in to read" , although can view it briefly before it times-out …

Last edited:
I've no idea what information is provided in the listings, simply that some of his exes are down to give evidence.
Think that's from a news paper article, it matters not though we'll know in the coming weeks and months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member