Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CB cannot deny ever being in possession of a video recorder and tapes at that period in time because the witness saw them.
That’s just at one point in time though - the reporting is rubbish but it could have been 2003. I think it’s fair to say most people have owned one at some point in time.

and then those witnesses after he had driven them to a hotel met up with him later for drinks after arming themselves against him in the house which makes no sense at all
The description of the house was isolated and filthy. They obviously felt more at ease in an hotel with plenty of people around.

I don’t think I would ever want to be in the company of someone I thought capable of raping me. @UK Girl is rate, it makes no sense.
Must have seemed like a good idea at the time. It was the offer of a free three week holiday, after all. And by all accounts CB for the most part seems to have been a personable individual with a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. The misgivings only kicked in later when they were left on their own in what they felt was a vulnerable situation in an isolated, dirty cottage.
The unease motivated them enough to arrange payment for an hotel for what was left of their holiday.

I think reporting of the inquisitorial legal system is throwing us a little here. We are more used to the adversarial system.

Must have seemed like a good idea at the time. It was the offer of a free three week holiday, after all. And by all accounts CB for the most part seems to have been a personable individual with a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. The misgivings only kicked in later when they were left on their own in what they felt was a vulnerable situation in an isolated, dirty cottage.
The unease motivated them enough to arrange payment for an hotel for what was left of their holiday.

I think reporting of the inquisitorial legal system is throwing us a little here. We are more used to the adversarial system.
was it that isolated though if there were shops around?

The description of the house was isolated and filthy. They obviously felt more at ease in an hotel with plenty of people around.
I don’t think I would ever want to be in the company of someone I thought capable of raping me. @UK Girl is right, it makes no sense.

Unfortunately can't access.

There is nothing new in there. This kind of character evidence wouldn't be allowed in the UK. There are no juries in Germany obviously but I am sure the Judges will ignore 99% of it.

It does provide some corroboration points. i.e CB lived at the house, had a video camera etc. These points need to be established.

There is nothing new in there. This kind of character evidence wouldn't be allowed in the UK. There are no juries in Germany obviously but I am sure the Judges will ignore 99% of it.

It does provide some corroboration points. i.e CB lived at the house, had a video camera etc. These points need to be established.
The Judge appeared to be questioning her version though from what she originally said ie she had not told the BKA she thought she might be raped. Just that she felt a bit queasy for some reason.

The Judge appeared to be questioning her version though from what she originally said ie she had not told the BKA she thought she might be raped. Just that she felt a bit queasy for some reason.

I'd feel pretty queasy if my holiday Finca was full of mould! Of course you'd think who is this rando let's get out of here ...

was it that isolated though if there were shops around?
According to the witness it was pretty remote

Snip
She said they told CB that they wanted to go and stay elsewhere, in the nearby town of Lagos, and planned to get him to drive them into town when he returned.

She said they were 'in the middle of nowhere' and otherwise had 'no way of escaping' as they had no transport.

Ms B said that CB drove her and her pal into town the following morning, and they then checked into a hotel for the rest of the holiday.

But they later met him for a drink and went to a lighthouse with him, and pictures of the smiling trio were shown in court.

She added: 'I felt more secure then but I still thought he was a fantasist and petty criminal.'

The witness described the dwelling as 'incredibly dirty' which would certainly have done it for me, I would have been out of there on that alone. Notwithstanding the fact that I would have started worrying about entrusting myself to the goodwill of someone I hardly knew long before she had worked it out.

A different picture
It's not behind a paywall.

The women hoped for a three-week dream vacation in the Algarve. A finca not far from the beach. Free because the resident invited them. They had no idea that they were hiding from a rapist.

Day 7 in the trial against Christian Brückner (47). The man, who is said to have kidnapped and murdered little Maddie McCann (3 at the time) in 2007, stands before the Braunschweig Regional Court for three rapes and two cases of child sexual abuse.

On the witness stand: social worker Andrea B. (49), who went on vacation with a friend at Brückner in 2003.
Her friend met the accused during further training, the witness said. When he emigrated to Portugal, he was visited in his finca and wanted to spend his vacation there.

„ He picked us up at the airport “, says Andrea B. „ I already thought in the car: It's incredibly dirty. “ When he arrived at his remote finca, the impression was confirmed: „ It was very mixed. Sparkling lots lay everywhere. The bathroom was disastrous, the kitchen too, all full of mold. I asked him how long he had been living there. He said two to three years. He occupied the empty house. That is common in Portugal. “
The friends had decided to clean up the house. „ Mr. Brückner said very clearly: We cannot enter his bedroom! I took a look: the mattresses were not covered and totally dirty. Things were lying around everywhere, a video camera with cassettes on the floor. We were also not allowed to enter a storage chamber. “
Brückner drove into the city in the evening. „ We were too broken, stayed in the house. I had a strange feeling, I no longer felt safe “, says the witness. „ I didn't know this person. I was scared. I wasn't sure if Mr. Brückner would not come back with any men and we would be victims of rape and he would be buried somewhere in the Algarve! “

That is why she called her sister in Germany at night and asked her to look for a hotel room. „ We armed ourselves with kitchen knives and considered an escape plan. “ There was no thought of running away or sleeping: „ We didn't even know where we were. There was a spider nest in the pull-out couch. “

Brückner came home between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. – drunk but alone. Andrea B. says he went to sleep right away and she didn't close an eye.

„ At half past seven my girlfriend woke him up. I clearly told him to drive us into town. He did that too. We then moved to a hotel in Lagos. “
Judge Dr. Uta Inse Engemann pointed out to the witness that she had not formulated any rape fears in her statement at the BKA. There she only described a „ queasy feeling “.

„ He was not rude, not ambiguous, did not press us “, admitted the witness. „ We gave him the nickname, Wölkchen ’. Because he was an airicus who is not grounded. A fantasy that has exaggerated ideas about life. A petty criminal. He thought it was cool. “

and then those witnesses after he had driven them to a hotel met up with him later for drinks after arming themselves against him in the house which makes no sense at all

Agree. It reeks of revisionism. Who in their right minds would spend further time with someone they felt had the potential to rape them at any moment? It's nonsense. What's driving it is the question? And who's driving it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi