Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

From the paywall article.

A entrusted with both investigation complexes BKA official was heard as a witness on day 23. A British reporter exaggerated a subordinate clause in his statement to the headline, which was also considered in Germany. His article gave the wrong impression that the investigators had news from Christian B.'s mail account and a hard drive from him, who would directly associate him with the murder of „ Maddie “.

In fact, the policeman had only stated that emails and hard drives had been evaluated with a view to both investigative complexes - but he would not provide any information on ongoing investigations in the „ killing offense “.

From the paywall article.

A entrusted with both investigation complexes BKA official was heard as a witness on day 23. A British reporter exaggerated a subordinate clause in his statement to the headline, which was also considered in Germany. His article gave the wrong impression that the investigators had news from Christian B.'s mail account and a hard drive from him, who would directly associate him with the murder of „ Maddie “.

In fact, the policeman had only stated that emails and hard drives had been evaluated with a view to both investigative complexes - but he would not provide any information on ongoing investigations in the „ killing offense “.
Now I wonder who that might be ?

Have you got a link ? Didn’t think we’d heard from JC prior to the OP article .

I think its the Mirror tbh
I think it's the Mirror too. Wasn't that the 1st paper to report on it? The Mirror headline was @ 14:15, 5 Jun 2024:
-
Cops found Christian Brueckner 'murder' email account linked to Maddie McCann, court told

The Madeleine McCann thread doesn't seem to be keeping up with this one - or have access to the German reporting?

It seems to be unaware that the 'murder email account' reporting was false.

The Madeleine McCann thread doesn't seem to be keeping up with this one - or have access to the German reporting?

It seems to be unaware that the 'murder email account' reporting was false.
I guess it's all linked to the trial at the moment.

I think its the Mirror tbh

I think it's the Mirror too. Wasn't that the 1st paper to report on it? The Mirror headline was @ 14:15, 5 Jun 2024:
-
Cops found Christian Brueckner 'murder' email account linked to Maddie McCann, court told
The paywalled article says that the lawyers for CB have effected a cease and desist on a brit newsgroup, probably whoever the mirror is part of.

Those posters who were certain that the BKA’s investigation was logical, methodical and almost certain to obtain a conviction; what do you think now?

We’ve had posts for years that the BKA have other unidentified but critical witnesses, photographs or footage implicating CB, or some other silver-bullet evidence.

This was all used to justify HCW’s public accusations that CB was absolutely guilty of child murder.

Does the current trial change anyone’s mind or are we still going to see the charge and successful conviction of CB for MM’s murder?

Those posters who were certain that the BKA’s investigation was logical, methodical and almost certain to obtain a conviction; what do you think now?

We’ve had posts for years that the BKA have other unidentified but critical witnesses, photographs or footage implicating CB, or some other silver-bullet evidence.

This was all used to justify HCW’s public accusations that CB was absolutely guilty of child murder.

Does the current trial change anyone’s mind or are we still going to see the charge and successful conviction of CB for MM’s murder?

The BKA investigators have removed a vicious rapist by due process who had been free to walk the streets of Europe since the horrible ordeal he put DM through in 2005.

They have gathered enough evidence for five indictments which reflect the activities of a serial sexual offender who may prove to have been active for many years in the Portuguese Algarve and elsewhere.

The BKA are to be congratulated for attempting to solve crimes against the odds, which have been perpetrated under the radar of law enforcement for far too many decades.

They have done - and continue to do - a thoroughly good job which they tell us they haven't finished -- yet.
My opinion

The BKA investigators have removed a vicious rapist by due process who had been free to walk the streets of Europe since the horrible ordeal he put DM through in 2005.

They have gathered enough evidence for five indictments which reflect the activities of a serial sexual offender who may prove to have been active for many years in the Portuguese Algarve and elsewhere.

The BKA are to be congratulated for attempting to solve crimes against the odds, which have been perpetrated under the radar of law enforcement for far too many decades.

They have done - and continue to do - a thoroughly good job which they tell us they haven't finished -- yet.
My opinion
Shouldn't solving crimes be done legally though?

My opinion
So based on what’s been reported about the investigation (the BKA has only one investigation) you think it’s likely CB will be convicted of MM’s murder?

Last edited:
Shouldn't solving crimes be done legally though?
The accusation to which you refer may have been levelled at police investigators et al by CB's defence team.
It remains to be seen how the court will rule on that in much the same process as the court will make five rulings on the five presumptions of innocence CB presently enjoys re the five accusations made against him.
Very much the same as when CB was considered to enjoy the presumption of innocence when accused of the rape of DM. Which status changed when the court made its ruling to the contrary
The court is in session to ensure justice is seen to be done; which includes verifying or not the accusations of impropriety made by CB's defence team. The argument will be decided by the judge.
My opinion

The accusation to which you refer may have been levelled at police investigators et al by CB's defence team.
It remains to be seen how the court will rule on that in much the same process as the court will make five rulings on the five presumptions of innocence CB presently enjoys re the five accusations made against him.
Very much the same as when CB was considered to enjoy the presumption of innocence when accused of the rape of DM. Which status changed when the court made its ruling to the contrary
The court is in session to ensure justice is seen to be done; which includes verifying or not the accusations of impropriety made by CB's defence team. The argument will be decided by the judge.
My opinion
the accusations are not solely made by the defence team regarding the legality of things

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamingman73
Back