Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks. There are a couple of bits to unwrap there. I think one should have alot of interest in whether or not CB gets locked up because the victims matter. I don’t think the prosecution have painted themselves in a negative light, they’re doing their best with what they have. That effort is a good thing imo because it gives the victims a chance of justice. It’s easy to fall into the trap of assuming that true crime will run similarly to a Netflix show. But rationally speaking, prosecuting cold cases that happened in another country isn’t going to be like an episode of suits.

There are typical patterns. Those who were following the GA line (pre 2020) are most likely to be scrutinising the BKA & prosecution now, often extending that to the other cases. Your comment about the differences between you & I, seems rather egotistical. This subject is polarising. Very rarely do you see a person who is unique & not following a typical line. Us included. My advice - don’t think of this as a personal battle or a ‘win’ & take everything into context.
Of course people are scrutinising the prosecution - they are the ones having the evidence to prove the case.
The defence get less public scrutiny because they don't have anything to prove, they just have to cast doubt on or refute each defence point.

I'l be content whatever the final decision is of the judges, but one must admit that the process of getting there is an interesting one.

Last edited:
Of course people are scrutinising the prosecution - they are the ones having the evidence to prove the case.
The defence get less public scrutiny because they don't have anything to prove, they just have to cast doubt on or refute each defence point.

I'l be content whatever the final decision is of the judges, but one must admit that the process of getting there is an interesting one.
I meant, of course, each prosecution point

Sorry for any confusion.

Actually the defence has the evidence too under the inquisitorial system.

Snip
In both France and Germany the investigating magistrate will recommend a trial only if he is sure that there is sufficient evidence of guilt. The entire dossier of the pretrial proceedings is made available to the defense.

Which makes the interim decision to withdraw the arrest warrant in the middle of the trial even stranger for those of us used to an adversarial trial system. Trials do sometimes collapse for various reasons but in this event, the trial continues.
Strange
My opinion

Forgot to mention that according to the above, should CB wish to speak that is fine but " if he does, he is not put under oath." Definitely quite different.

I meant, of course, each prosecution point

Sorry for any confusion.

Please check up on the differences between the adversarial system and the inquisitorial system of judgement.
The differences are quite profound.

I think you are comparing apples with oranges by misunderstanding everyone's role in the proceedings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back