Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are more missing children than MM and CB has featured in the investigations into some of them
Snip
A lawyer representing her family said CB stayed at the house in May 2015 and one day before Inga disappeared, police records place him in a nearby motorway service station where he had a parking accident.

He is believed to have commuted by car between the property in Neuwegersleben and Braunschweig, around 35 miles away.
He had been convicted for child sex abuse for the first time in 1994, and in 2016 he was convicted for child sex abuse and possessing indecent images.

No mystery why a recidivist abuser remains of interest to police investigators.
I think the Inge case & CB’s involvement gives a perspective on reality.

There can only be reason they aren't running an investigation into CB for Inge’s disappearance but are running an investigation into Madeleine’s investigation - evidence.

Another difference is different court jurisdiction, therefore different prosecutors.
Perhaps they recognise a dead horse when they see one.

If anyone knows, did the main judge in this current trial preside over any other "high profile" cases that were reported in the media?

There's really nothing high profile about this case, just run of the mill sex crimes.
Snip
A rape trial in Braunschweig does not normally attract camera teams from Great Britain, France and Portugal, but CB, an internationally notorious offender, is on trial.
While the 2019 rape trial against B. went almost unnoticed by the public, journalists were queuing up in front of the courthouse before seven o'clock on Friday. They had to undergo strict security checks, which is why the trial started delayed.
29 days of trial are scheduled for the circumstantial trial.

The verdict would therefore be pronounced at the end of June.

When asked about his further strategy, defense attorney FF referred to the next meetings. "It doesn't get any more boring than that."

Snip
The interest and media response to the trial against CB. had been huge last week – media representatives and spectators had crowded in front of the entrance to the district court, the start had been postponed by 40 minutes. On this Friday morning, the rush was somewhat smaller. Nevertheless, a queue formed in the foyer. It started on time: Almost all seats were occupied, including the spectator benches.

Last edited:
Another difference is different court jurisdiction, therefore different prosecutors.
Perhaps they recognise a dead horse when they see one.
Respectfully- Not relevant to the point. There’s no investigation into CB for Inge’s disappearance yet there’s a funded investigation into CB for Madeleine’s. They don’t run investigations unless they have reason to justify one. - the difference will be evidence.

I don’t think this is a case of a lone antagonist prosecutor on a crusade to spoil a party & bag some airtime before starting a career as a talk show host.

There will be a reason 3 LEA’s all have CB as the sole prime suspect.

Last edited:
If anyone knows, did the main judge in this current trial preside over any other "high profile" cases that were reported in the media?
I didn’t find anything but the Landgericht Braunschweig, the court often has cases of Volkswagen VW because the company is just a few km away, like the Diesel scandal and many others so I guess she was busy there too but no famous crimes so far.

I didn’t find anything but the Landgericht Braunschweig, the court often has cases of Volkswagen VW because the company is just a few km away, like the Diesel scandal and many others so I guess she was busy there too but no famous crimes so far.
I'm sure the information must be out there somewhere because as a professional judge she must have all the requisite qualifications to do the job. But she had a baptism of fire with this case.
Firstly there was the scrum of people trying to access the court causing a late start. Then a lay judge was caught out in an on-line indiscretion causing her dismissal and the appointment of another. Followed by encountering a bullish defence who if CB had opted for silence made up for it with one demand after another. Not to mention harsh words being exchanged; all very unsettling and making me think along the lines of inexperience, because she seems to have been a bit too eager to bend the knee in a situation over which on paper she has full sway.
My opinion

While I was looking for information I came across a tabloid narrative which indicates just how little we actually know about what is going on in the Braunschweig court.
I intend just to make a couple of points because not only is there a warning
  • *** WARNING: Article contains graphic descriptions of sexual violence ***
it refers to horrors which really are disturbing when hearing precisely what the rapist was capable of doing to innocent women under his control.

There would appear to be quite a bit more knowledge about the circumstances of the two anonymous rapes according to the tabloid report.
A date rape drug? and the teenager naming her rapist using his forename.

Snip
The other two rapes he is accused of against an unknown woman aged between 70 and 80 years old and a girl of 14 were also described in horrific details, with the prosecutor saying (the assailant) 'hit the [older] woman's body and face with at least 20 lashes' using a whip and made the teenager vomit while orally raping her.

Prosecutor UL told the court that (the assailant) had used a rape drug to incapacitate his victims before trapping them in his house.

The other two rapes he is accused of against an unknown woman aged between 70 and 80 years old and a girl of 14 were also described in horrific details.

The prosecutor said: 'He was masked with a stocking mask that only had holes for his eyes and mouth.

'He put swimming goggles on the older lady, who was wearing a nightgown. Since their glasses were painted gray, the victim could no longer see anything.

'He laid the woman on her stomach on her bed and tied her hands behind her back to make it impossible for the victim to resist what was happening.

'He then set up the cameras he had brought with him in two different positions in the bedroom, aimed them at the bed and started recording.

'He now turned the old lady onto her back and pulled her nightgown up to her waist. After sexual intercourse had ended, he removed the condom from his penis and went to the bathroom in the apartment.

'There he flushed the condom down the toilet. He then went back to the victim's bed with a whip and hit the woman's body and face with at least 20 lashes in order to enjoy the pain and fear he wanted in the woman.

'The victim screamed and insulted the accused while the crime was being carried out. After the physical punishment, the accused sat down on the end of the bed, breathing heavily, took off his mask and placed a pillow on the completely frightened woman's face before ending the recording.'

'For this purpose, he put her hands around the post behind her back and tied them together. First he hit the naked girl with a whip. The girl addressed the accused by the name "Chris" and made it clear to him that what he was doing was against her express will.
'She begged him to stop and shouted "this is kidnapping, this is rape".

Can I ask why you're wondering about this? Is it to do with you questioning her abilities, thinking she's not up to the job? That she's too parochial and small town to handle what you see as a high profile case?

I hope not as that would be a very condescending and not at all helpful route to go down.

Last edited:
M
Can I ask why you're wondering about this? Is it to do with you questioning her abilities, thinking she's not up to the job? That she's too parochial and small town to handle what you see as a high profile case?

I hope not as that would be a very condescending and not at all helpful route to go down.
May be worth being a little less confrontational in your posts, it all seems highly agitated. You’ll get a better response if you‘re less direct. Be the change n’all.

I
I'm sure the information must be out there somewhere because as a professional judge she must have all the requisite qualifications to do the job. But she had a baptism of fire with this case.
Firstly there was the scrum of people trying to access the court causing a late start. Then a lay judge was caught out in an on-line indiscretion causing her dismissal and the appointment of another. Followed by encountering a bullish defence who if CB had opted for silence made up for it with one demand after another. Not to mention harsh words being exchanged; all very unsettling and making me think along the lines of inexperience, because she seems to have been a bit too eager to bend the knee in a situation over which on paper she has full sway.
My opinion

While I was looking for information I came across a tabloid narrative which indicates just how little we actually know about what is going on in the Braunschweig court.
I intend just to make a couple of points because not only is there a warning
  • *** WARNING: Article contains graphic descriptions of sexual violence ***
it refers to horrors which really are disturbing when hearing precisely what the rapist was capable of doing to innocent women under his control.

There would appear to be quite a bit more knowledge about the circumstances of the two anonymous rapes according to the tabloid report.
A date rape drug? and the teenager naming her rapist using his forename.

Snip
The other two rapes he is accused of against an unknown woman aged between 70 and 80 years old and a girl of 14 were also described in horrific details, with the prosecutor saying (the assailant) 'hit the [older] woman's body and face with at least 20 lashes' using a whip and made the teenager vomit while orally raping her.

Prosecutor UL told the court that (the assailant) had used a rape drug to incapacitate his victims before trapping them in his house.

The other two rapes he is accused of against an unknown woman aged between 70 and 80 years old and a girl of 14 were also described in horrific details.

The prosecutor said: 'He was masked with a stocking mask that only had holes for his eyes and mouth.

'He put swimming goggles on the older lady, who was wearing a nightgown. Since their glasses were painted gray, the victim could no longer see anything.

'He laid the woman on her stomach on her bed and tied her hands behind her back to make it impossible for the victim to resist what was happening.

'He then set up the cameras he had brought with him in two different positions in the bedroom, aimed them at the bed and started recording.

'He now turned the old lady onto her back and pulled her nightgown up to her waist. After sexual intercourse had ended, he removed the condom from his penis and went to the bathroom in the apartment.

'There he flushed the condom down the toilet. He then went back to the victim's bed with a whip and hit the woman's body and face with at least 20 lashes in order to enjoy the pain and fear he wanted in the woman.

'The victim screamed and insulted the accused while the crime was being carried out. After the physical punishment, the accused sat down on the end of the bed, breathing heavily, took off his mask and placed a pillow on the completely frightened woman's face before ending the recording.'

'For this purpose, he put her hands around the post behind her back and tied them together. First he hit the naked girl with a whip. The girl addressed the accused by the name "Chris" and made it clear to him that what he was doing was against her express will.
'She begged him to stop and shouted "this is kidnapping, this is rape".

It’s absolutely horrendous. There are so many similarities with all of these independent accounts. Trouble is, after all these years, it may not be enough to convict. Legally innocent but impossible to argue he’s factually innocent.

Imo there’s a possibility that the world will know that the McCann case is solved but the result ends in an acquittal.

Akin to - “You can’t prove he wasn’t sent that picture & technicality 167 says you didn’t collect that evidence properly”.
Meaning - there’ll be *(almost) no public doubt, but perhaps there’s an opportunity to worm CB out of it.

* “CB & Gerry were tennis buddies hehe”.

Indeed,

Verfahren vor der 2. Strafkammer im Zusammenhang mit fünf Taten gegen die sexuelle Selbstbestimmung – Aktenzeichen 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) – Ablehnungsgesuch gegen die drei Berufsrichter unbegründet​

In dem Verfahren 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) haben die zuständigen Vertreter das Ablehnungsgesuch der Staatsanwaltschaft Braunschweig gegen die drei Berufsrichter der Kammer als unbegründet zurückgewiesen.
Soweit darüber hinaus von der Staatsanwaltschaft ein weiteres Ablehnungsgesuch gegen eine Berufsrichterin gestellt worden ist, wird hierüber gesondert entschieden. Das Ergebnis der Entscheidung wird mittels Pressemitteilung bekannt gegeben.
I

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Division in connection with five acts against sexual self-determination - file number 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) - motion to recuse the three professional judges unfounded
In the proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22), the responsible representatives rejected the motion to recuse the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office against the three professional judges of the division as unfounded.

If the public prosecutor's office has also filed a further motion to recuse a professional judge, a separate decision will be made on this. The result of the decision will be announced by press release.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back