Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing that's nagging at me is Rebecca' father saying to him "Tell them" so they can take the investigation in another direction , Tell them what? and my question is why does he just not tell them ?? it must be something big because unless there is life and limb involved , that would be the only reason to keep quiet. Thoughts?

This was about the drug deal he supposedly did that explains the two car journeys along the A12 on the 18th and 19th. He told the father about it so the father told him to "Tell them" (LE) so that the investigation can go in a different direction. It was then reported that FR did tell LE but they did not believe him and continued searching along the A12 and in the forests and lakes in that area. The family believes him and wants police to stop searching for Rebecca there. They don't believe she is there at all. I think Jessica said in the latest interview that "they're searching in the wrong place".

Last edited:
What does LE say the BIL killed her for, what do they say the motive

Nothing has been said about any motive or cause of death.

Also nothing is being said why they search in a particular area. Maybe based on tips? The whole area is of course where the KESY system registered his plates, but it is a huge area with many lakes and forests.

Do the father and mother feel the search should be in another physical location or that LE should look at SM and the possibility of her meeting someone via the internet when they say the search should be in a different place.

If he did something to her, whatever could the motive be that could move him to that level of rage or desperation so quickly that he would kill her in some way that LE KNOWS she didn't leave the house alive but left no blood or destruction so the family came home from work and continued to live there for nearly an additional week and noticed nothing out of place.

I was wondering whether they found bodily fluids (urine, vomit ...) other than blood in unusual places? Cleaned up and unnoticeable but made visible by the forensic technicians.

As for cadaver dogs not alerting, as far as I know we only heard they didn't alert at the car. I don't remember reading anything about the house and cadaver dogs. The other thing to keep in mind is they are not 100% reliable, they are not machines, they can miss things. So the fact that they didn't alert at the car doesn't mean R wasn't in there.

Jmo.

Do the father and mother feel the search should be in another physical location or that LE should look at SM and the possibility of her meeting someone via the internet when they say the search should be in a different place.

Both I think. They believe Rebecca is being held somewhere, so they want that possibility investigated.

Both I think. They believe Rebecca is being held somewhere, so they want that possibility be investigated.
It seems then that the BIL would have to have had a place and an accomplice to keep her alive while he was incarcerated in that theory so I guess LE wouldn't pursue that because they think she never left the house alive.

It seems then that the BIL would have to have had a place and an accomplice to keep her alive while he was incarcerated in that theory so I guess LE wouldn't pursue that because they think she never left the house alive.

Well the family is convinced he doesn't have anything to do with her disappearance at all.

Yes LE thinks she died in the house and that's why they don't pursue other possibilities.

This was about the drug deal he supposedly did that explains the two car journeys along the A12 on the 18th and 19th. He told the father about it so the father told him to "Tell them" (LE) so that the investigation can go in a different direction. It was then reported that FR did tell LE but they did not believe him and continued searching along the A12 and in the forests and lakes in that area. The family believes him and wants police to stop searching for Rebecca there. They don't believe she is there at all. I think Jessica said in the latest interview that "they're searching in the wrong place".
thank you I totally missed that !!!

Why would they search again, the same area? Based on what information or tip? The casts of the tire tracks do not match the BIL's car and there has never been a motive even suggested why that the BIL killed her at the house that morning, cadaver dogs did not find a scent at the house or in the car trunk.
What am I missing in that this makes no sense?

Whatever it could be (phone pings? car GPS?) we have no information released by LE. IMO they must be working off of something....?

Just saw this. It was because of a tip they received.

"On Tuesday, the investigators continued their search for the student at Lake Herzberg in the east of Brandenburg. In use, according to a spokeswoman, the same forces as on the previous day. In the afternoon the search was not finished yet and should last until dark.

The investigators had already on Monday followed a tip to the small lake about 60 kilometers southeast of Berlin . In use were beagles, a boat, echosounder and at least one diver. The German Technical Relief Agency (THW) supported the search. The police had partially closed access to the lake."

Fall Rebecca: "Umgang kommt einer Vorverurteilung gleich" - Polizei - Berlin - Tagesspiegel Mobil

Here once more what Martin Steltner, spokesman for the prosecution said a few days ago:

"Steltner further explained that although one investigates in all directions, there was one focus: "We do not speculate, there is a direction from the evidence we have, and we give priority to that, but we do not override other possibilities . "

Hopes that Rebecca could still live were refused by Steltner: "Due to the evidence, we unfortunately have to assume a homicidal offense, the facts clearly indicate that Rebecca has not left the house alive," said the spokesman."

Haftbefehl gegen Schwager von Rebecca aufgehoben

Here once more what Martin Steltner, spokesman for the prosecution said a few days ago:

"Steltner further explained that although one investigates in all directions, there was one focus: "We do not speculate, there is a direction from the evidence we have, and we give priority to that, but we do not override other possibilities . "

Hopes that Rebecca could still live were refused by Steltner: "Due to the evidence, we unfortunately have to assume a homicidal offense, the facts clearly indicate that Rebecca has not left the house alive," said the spokesman."

Haftbefehl gegen Schwager von Rebecca aufgehoben
BBM

If we assume this statement to be true, we know some things-

Rebecca was murdered.
The murder occurred in the house.
There was forensic evidence in the house that shows she was murdered.
Whoever murdered Rebecca was in the house with her.
Rebecca never left the house to meet someone.
Whoever murdered Rebecca removed her body from the house, in broad daylight.
We only know of one person that was in the house after Rebecca's sister left.

All obvious stuff, but this steers me back from going down the different paths I was heading. Right back to FR.

FR appears to have convinced the family that he did have nefarious dealings that explain his highway travels. The family supporting him really had me looking at the possibility of his innocence. Releasing FR from custody also had me considering his innocence.

But for now, I am assuming that the German LE is competent and heading down the right path.

Last edited:
Just when I had convinced myself of at two or three other possibilities it comes back to BIL in the house with her and she never left alive. The one thing I have no reasonable explanation for is WHY? What made him rise to the level of violence that he would kill her and that it was done so quickly. Unfortunately, the only one that comes to my mind is a rebuffed SA.

There was forensic evidence in the house that shows she was murdered.

I don't think there was. For one, because LE announced that they believe R died in the house before they did the forensic search of the house and car. They based their conclusion solely on the facts that her phone was switched off that morning and never back on, that she wasn't seen by anyone that morning or since, that the BIL was lying about sleeping when he was not, and drove to Brandenburg that day and the next without a believable explanation.

And secondly, surely the family knows by now through FR and his lawyer, who both know the full evidence against him, what exactly the evidence consists of, yet Jessica says in her interview yesterday
"Jessica hopes everything will turn out well. In the exclusive RTL interview she says: "We still assume that she left the house alive, because there are no traces in the house."

Vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin: Schwester Jessica glaubt, dass sie noch lebt

I don't think anything was found in the house that strengthened suspicions of a) that R is dead or died in the house, and b) that the BIL killed her.

Which is also what was said when they released him, that no additional evidence or proof was found since he was first arrested him (before the search of the house).

Still, suspicion remains and he remains the main suspect.

Could have been an accident that he caused but not intended.
If that was the case, he could have/should have called an ambulance. Police may not even have become involved. I am trying to think of how she could have been killed that left so little evidence in the home that day, that her sister could come home from work and have been in the home for four more days and nights without seeing something strange. All, I come up with is a strangulation but then how would LE know that was the mechanism of death? Ugh, nothing is making sense to me.

If that was the case, he could have/should have called an ambulance. Police may not even have become involved.

Well if he really is a drug dealer he might have panicked.

All, I come up with is a strangulation

People who get strangled usually fight. He should have had scratches on him, police would have seen them (and J too).

I don't think there was. For one, because LE announced that they believe R died in the house before they did the forensic search of the house and car. They based their conclusion solely on the facts that her phone was switched off that morning and never back on, that she wasn't seen by anyone that morning or since, that the BIL was lying about sleeping when he was not, and drove to Brandenburg that day and the next without a believable explanation.

And secondly, surely the family knows by now through FR and his lawyer, who both know the full evidence against him, what exactly the evidence consists of, yet Jessica says in her interview yesterday
"Jessica hopes everything will turn out well. In the exclusive RTL interview she says: "We still assume that she left the house alive, because there are no traces in the house."

Vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin: Schwester Jessica glaubt, dass sie noch lebt

I don't think anything was found in the house that strengthened suspicions of a) that R is dead or died in the house, and b) that the BIL killed her.

Which is also what was said when they released him, that no additional evidence or proof was found since he was first arrested him (before the search of the house).

Still, suspicion remains and he remains the main suspect.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. There are so many inconsistencies and translation issues that I get confused.

But-I was referring only to the prosecution spokesman's words above: "the facts clearly indicate that Rebecca has not left the house alive".

So I made the assumption that the "facts" refer to forensic evidence. Without a witness, what other non-forensic facts could there be?

Your point is- because LE announced that they believe R died in the house before they did the forensic search of the house and car. They based their conclusion solely on the facts that her phone was switched off that morning and never back on, that she wasn't seen by anyone that morning or since, that the BIL was lying about sleeping when he was not, and drove to Brandenburg that day and the next without a believable explanation.

I see your point, but LE is keeping this line of thinking alive- that RR never left the house alive, which to me seems to indicate that there was evidence found in the house/car search to back the claim up, despite what they said when they released him. Would the prosecutor have to turn over all evidence at this early stage?

Also, if FR is guilty, I doubt the family has been given most of the evidence against him, but I could be wrong.

Anyway- thanks for keeping up on the case, very helpful!

If he had hit her on the head with something and knocked her out (reason for doing that?) there would be blood. He was arrested before the forensic team came through and did whatever they do to find residual blood stains. And the statement was made that she had not left the home alive (not unconscious or incapacitated, but dead) before forensics had been done. So how did they KNOW that fact.
I wonder if her phone or his phone was on record or on video and it was heard or seen.

Would the prosecutor have to turn over all evidence at this early stage?

I'm reading on a German forum to try to understand these things better. I think they don't have to reveal all they have but then of course the judge will make his decision only on the findings they share. So if they wanted to keep him in custody they should have shared all they have. That's how I understand it.

Also, if FR is guilty, I doubt the family has been given most of the evidence against him, but I could be wrong.

But FR knows and so does his lawyer. Wouldn't they talk with the family? At least FR would talk with his wife about everything I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper