Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand. What do you mean?
In another case here on Websleuths a teen age girl in Tennessee put her phone on video and recorded her step father committing SA on her. The step father was arrested based on that evidence and is in jail awaiting trial.
I wonder if something similar may have occurred here because LE is adamant that she was not alive when she left the house that day and there must be some really good evidence to support that. Forensics had not been through the house yet when he was arrested the first time but they did arrest him and said that she had not left the house alive.
A turned off phone at 8:45 and hair and blanket fibers in the trunk of the car are not very strong IMO for him to remain the only suspect.

If LE has such irrefutable evidence from that morning that they could say she never left the home alive and could arrest the BIL twice, why can't they proceed without a body? Is that necessary under German law, to have a body?

If LE has such irrefutable evidence from that morning that they could say she never left the home alive and could arrest the BIL twice, why can't they proceed without a body? Is that necessary under German law, to have a body?

No it's not necessary by law to have a body. If there's enough other evidence it can be enough to convict.

I think it's because they don't know when she died. Because at one point there were two adults in the house and police can't say with certainty who killed her. So there is doubt. They are sure she died in the house, they are pretty sure BIL did it, but they can't tie him to it in a way that leaves no doubt. I think that's the reason why they can't go forward at this point and charge him. They were hoping to find the body and get more evidence from it that proves FR killed her but with each day passing any possible dna or hair etc from FR on the body will degrade. So that's also not looking good for them. jmo

Sister Jessica: We still believe Rebecca is alive

For weeks no sign of life from Rebecca Reusch
It's been over five weeks since Jessica (27) saw her younger sister Rebecca for the last time. Since then, there is no sign of life from the 15-year-old student from Berlin. But Jessica hopes everything will turn out well. In the exclusive RTL interview she says: "We still assume that she left the house alive, because there are no traces in the house." In the video above, Jessica tells how she survives the days of uncertainty with her family.

Rebecca's sister: We get insulted because we stick together as a family
*Interview/Video
Since Rebecca Reusch disappeared on February 18th, Jessica's life is upside down. Also because her husband Florian (27) was the prime suspect in the case and was in remand until a few days ago. But she is sure that he has nothing to do with it and explains in the video: "My husband is innocent!"

That the family has no doubt about Florian's innocence, but apparently not everyone likes this. "You get a lot of pressure from outside and you get insulted - just because we stick together as a family," says Jessica. "Then you ask yourself how it works in other families, because it's normal for us."

Jessica has to be there for her kids
But comments on the "case Rebecca"she does not read. A kind of self-protection, to get along with the media hype somewhat. "If you let it go, you break it," says Jessica confidently.

Instead, she tries to make everyday life as normal as possible. "We try to make the most of the day, but if we were just running around with sad heads, that would not help, especially since we also have two small children yes act so that they do not notice. "

Rebecca Reusch has been missing since February 18th
The missing Rebecca Reusch from Berlin
Rebecca Reusch has disappeared without a trace since the 18th of February.
Vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin: Schwester Jessica glaubt, dass sie noch lebt

It is very upsetting that the family would be ridiculed for holding on to each other and to hope while they try to figure out what happened to Rebecca. When times are tough, family is what you turn to for support. BIL may have done something, but they really don't know. I feel it is normal for a family to trust in it's members until there is proof for them to question that trust. The family needs to be supported and the community really needs to come together to help find this kid. :mad:

I was wondering whether they found bodily fluids (urine, vomit ...) other than blood in unusual places? Cleaned up and unnoticeable but made visible by the forensic technicians.

As for cadaver dogs not alerting, as far as I know we only heard they didn't alert at the car. I don't remember reading anything about the house and cadaver dogs. The other thing to keep in mind is they are not 100% reliable, they are not machines, they can miss things. So the fact that they didn't alert at the car doesn't mean R wasn't in there.

Jmo.
Good point about LE finding traces of fluids such as urine and/or vomit...

Fluid traces that may be found in any home having no sinister connections...

Yet in THIS home could be quite questionable!

Just thinking... JMO...

Wow, that’s terrible. Even if there was so much more evidence against BIL, this is the absolute worst time of this family’s entire lives... to bother them at all through this is incredibly malicious, shortsighted and just plain... crazy.

Thank you @Elainera for your daily updates and translations. In any of the articles does the LE ever discuss any other directions they are looking? Or is the BIL and his disposing of her body they only approach they are taking? Do they think the family is just being unrealistic in their statements that she is being held somewhere?

So police did search today (Thursday) after all!
From the same rtl link:

"Also on Thursday, the police launched a large-scale search operation with detection dogs in forests and divers in lakes in the east of Brandenburg. Again, the search was unsuccessful."

Thank you @Elainera for your daily updates and translations. In any of the articles does the LE ever discuss any other directions they are looking? Or is the BIL and his disposing of her body they only approach they are taking? Do they think the family is just being unrealistic in their statements that she is being held somewhere?

I have not heard LE speak about the family much. Once when the family publicly criticised LE's approach they said these public interviews are not helping the investigation, or words to that effect.

As for other directions, they said kind of in general that yes, if they get/find other leads they will of course follow up on them but they made it clear that their main approach and main focus is that Rebecca died in the house and the BIL is their main (and seemingly only) suspect which they continue to investigate.

Now Rebecca's mother said in the interview: "If we don't make it public who will look for the child?"

The relationship between LE and the family feels very icy at the moment. imo

I have not heard LE speak about the family much. Once when the family publicly criticised LE's approach they said these public interviews are not helping the investigation, or words to that effect.

As for other directions, they said kind of in general that yes, if they get/find other leads they will of course follow up on them but they made it clear that their main approach and main focus is that Rebecca died in the house and the BIL is their main (and seemingly only) suspect which they continue to investigate.

Now Rebecca's mother said in the interview: "If we don't make it public who will look for the child?"

The relationship between LE and the family feels very icy at the moment. imo

I imagine everything is icy. You have the family hoping RR 'just' ran away/disappeared and is still among the living. You have LE saying she never left home alive. FR has been arrested/detained/released. The family says he is innocent. Yeah, there is a definite chill in the air :)

I am still hung up on what does LE have that they are certain that she never left the house alive ! What did LE find in the home so early on that they seem to be pursuing only the BIL.
They are expending an enormous of money and man power and time on these searches of lakes and forests, based on what evidence.
There are no answers for motive, why would BIL do this to someone he was reportedly close to?

I am still hung up on what does LE have that they are certain that she never left the house alive !

Everybody is. It's an unusual statement to make so early in an investigation and without a body.

My opinion is that it is not 100% because of what FR's lawyer said ("searching for a body that might not even exist").

Everybody is. It's an unusual statement to make so early in an investigation and without a body.

My opinion is that it is not 100% because of what FR's lawyer said ("searching for a body that might not even exist").
I agree with your assessment. It may be a premature comment, made in the heat of the moment that they cannot or choose not to walk back. I hope it is not leading them to pursue a direction that the facts aren't entirely supporting but that they cannot or will not move away from.
It seems that they must produce a body to support their present efforts and that is like finding a needle in a haystack.IMO

I am still hung up on what does LE have that they are certain that she never left the house alive ! What did LE find in the home so early on that they seem to be pursuing only the BIL.
They are expending an enormous of money and man power and time on these searches of lakes and forests, based on what evidence.
There are no answers for motive, why would BIL do this to someone he was reportedly close to?
I really want to know this, too. They seem extremely convinced that she is no longer alive. Why? How? I don’t expect that this “evidence” will be released to the public anytime soon, though. Sigh ... :( Please be safe, Rebecca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper