Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its most likely that the brother in law is guilty IMHO.

Three most likely options in my view. 1) He came in in the early hours drunk and made unwanted sexual advances on her; 2) when he came in to wake her at his partner's request he made unwanted sexual advances on her. In both scenarios she resisted and he murdered her. Potentially because she threatened to expose him to her sister or taunted him.
3) They had history, possible evidenced on her phone and they had an argument, possibly she threatened to expose him to her sister. He killed her in a rage.
He wrapped her body in the blanket and disposed of her body somewhere - most likely off the premises - during the early morning. He then had time to clean up.
I was hoping the clothing would reveal DNA that incriminated him (and of course the blanket or other clothes). Whatever the truth the evidence is clearly not strong enough to hold him longer. If the reason for detaining him was simply because of his inconsistencies in his story they will need a lot more luck and investigation to get substantive evidence.

There are still a lot of inconsistencies which need clarifying. For instance, I'm really unclear on whether they have her phone. The reports about whether the sister called BIL at 7.15 or 8am or at all...

I don't think they have her phone. I read somewhere that they can only track a phone for a day, and the search didn't start for 4 days. Maybe that means they can't "ping" it after 24 hours. I'm guessing that means her phone is missing.

Some of the phone information we know is from the home router and some is from WhatsApp. If the phone connected with the home router later than 8:30AM, when the brother-in-law reported that she had left for school, that's a problem for him. The phone should still be at the house if she left the house with her school bag, a blanket and no phone.

So...

Here we see another person "in the mix"...

"He (BIL) had come home from a company party at his Kudamm hotel at around at 5:45 a.m. that morning, the cook had told investigators."

Is Kudamm the name of the hotel at which BIL works...
Or is it the city in which it was located?

and... Who is this cook?
I am not trying to find guilt in this person...

but... I imagine a cook in the house could have some very important information to share... KWIM?

JMO...

BIL himself is the cook. There is no third person.

"Kudamm" is short for Kurfürstendamm, a famous street in Berlin.

Kurfürstendamm - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Deleted - double post

Last edited:
Sunday, March 3rd
7:31: Still missing any trace of the missing Rebecca. The police continue to suspect her brother-in-law, but could not substantiate the first suspicion against him. In the interrogation by the police, he had been silent.

Saturday, March 2nd
21:35: The family of Rebecca is said to have been relieved after the release of the suspected brother-in-law. The told the "Berliner Zeitung according to own data. The family believes in the innocence of the man. The police continue to suspect him.

19:32: In the search on Saturday, according to the newspaper again a helicopter was used. Until Saturday night there was no trace of the missing persons.

17:25: The police were now more than 100 references from the population. The family turned to the public, her sister asked for help on Instagram. On Saturday she wrote emotionally there: "I still have a nightmare. I hope I wake up soon. "

In parallel, the family turned to the public. The parents talked to several media, another sister Rebecca asked, among others, on Instagram for help with the search.

15.07 clock: Even if he was released, the brother-in-law of the missing Rebecca continues to be considered suspicious. Rebecca had spent the night in their house before they disappeared. According to the information in the "Berliner Morgenpost", the man's house points to a crime.

14.30: Rebecca's family does not want to give up hope for a good end to the search.Her sister posted in an Instagram story: "You miss and so. We will find you alive. "

More here:
Rebecca Reusch (15) aus Berlin wahrscheinlich tot: Schwester mit emotionaler Botschaft

The phrase “the mans house points to a crime” is interesting. Is that saying they found evidence of some kind to suggest a crime occurred at the home or do the police merely suspect something happened at the home? The translations can be tough to decipher.

I’m stumped on this one. I could see an individual disposing of or taking the blanket bc it was evidence of sexual activity (like in SLP’s case). In such case, the blanket may not be directly involved in her disappearance. Sorry trying to tread lightly here. Hoping she is hiding out somewhere safe!

The phrase “the mans house points to a crime” is interesting. Is that saying they found evidence of some kind to suggest a crime occurred at the home or do the police merely suspect something happened at the home? The translations can be tough to deciphe

Yes the German original states that trace evidence in the house indicate a crime has occurred there. It does not specify what kind of traces they found, of course.

However the family does not seem convinced at all the Rebecca has died ("We will find you alive"). Either police have not shared with them what was found (most likely) or the evidence is not very convincing in their opinion. They also don't believe BIL has anything to do with her disappearance.

Tough situation for them, I'm sure.

The article was updated to say that 10-15 people (family and others) were searching the Alt-Buckow area today. This seems like a very small number imo. It seems interest has waned? Or are people more careful now that one of the family has been accused of murder?

“The mans house points to a crime” what?!?
Statements like these that make me not even try to approach anyone but the BIL in my mind.
can someone link me the article that made that statement? I would search myself but the translation bit takes me forever

However the family does not seem convinced at all the Rebecca has died ("We will find you alive"). Either police have not shared with them what was found (most likely) or the evidence is not very convincing in their opinion. They also don't believe BIL has anything to do with her disappearance.

rsbm

When you wrote it like that, it threw me back to the family in the US where they appeared on tv pleading for their daughter's return, holding hands with her hubby - who they already knew to be a suspect... their name escapes me now. Could it be something like that?

This is why I don't like following European cases too much... information doesn't come out like in the US and it makes a lot of it seem contradictory, and you never know what's right or not. :confused:

Yes the German original states that trace evidence in the house indicate a crime has occurred there. It does not specify what kind of traces they found, of course.

Tough situation for them, I'm sure.

The article was updated to say that 10-15 people (family and others) were searching the Alt-Buckow area today. This seems like a very small number imo. It seems interest has waned? Or are people more careful now that one of the family has been accused of murder?
I think that its the last.. BIL,accused of murder..It does seem to be a case that caught a lot of attention...

Unbelieve that there are some,who wants to benefit from it;
-"In the case of the disappeared Rebecca currently there is apparently confusion around a donation account, which should have been created for the 15-year-old.Rebecca's sister Vivien R. posted a link to the leetchi platform in her Instagram Stroy, asking: "Can one of you explain this donation account?" She continues, "It's not from my family."
On the platform, people can collect money privately or publicly for a specific purpose. However, following the link, it indicates that the address does not exist. The donation account could therefore have been deleted in the meantime.'-
Rebecca Reusch (15) aus Berlin vermisst: Schwester weist auf wichtiges Detail hin | Welt

Also, worth a mention (because after all the footage of her,I saw so many different looks of Rebecca)
'Meanwhile, the sister has pointed to an important detail : unlike the police stated in the person description, Rebecca was at the time of disappearance, not brunette, but blond hair and a bob cut. "She has blond hair or dark blond hair. Short. The hair was pink and are now blond.

Aside from her instagram account, was any other SM dicovered for Rebecca? Can’t find it in the thread...
I did read on SM (comments on SM) that RR had SnapShot (and that she turned off of her location,shortly before missing) and 2 Instagram accounts.
Her sister ( VR) has FB but don't know about RR.

I don't think they have her phone. I read somewhere that they can only track a phone for a day, and the search didn't start for 4 days. Maybe that means they can't "ping" it after 24 hours. I'm guessing that means her phone is missing.

Some of the phone information we know is from the home router and some is from WhatsApp. If the phone connected with the home router later than 8:30AM, when the brother-in-law reported that she had left for school, that's a problem for him. The phone should still be at the house if she left the house with her school bag, a blanket and no phone.
So it seems,4 days is a long time to re trace her stepps..and phone.

""We started distributing flyers on Monday. And it took a long time for something to happen, "explains Brigitte R., clarifying:" They told me that they can only locate the last location of a cell phone for 24 hours. I'm wondering why they did not really get started until four days later. It's over. "
From the same link Merkur - Rebecca Reusch (15) aus Berlin vermisst: Schwester weist auf wichtiges Detail hin
Aktualisiert: 03.03.19 15:16

“The mans house points to a crime” what?!?
Statements like these that make me not even try to approach anyone but the BIL in my mind.
can someone link me the article that made that statement? I would search myself but the translation bit takes me forever

I explained it in my post right above yours. The original sentence is:

Nach Informationen der „Berliner Morgenpost“ deuten im Haus des Mannes Spuren auf ein Verbrechen hin.

From this article
Rebecca Reusch (15) aus Berlin wahrscheinlich tot: Schwester spricht wichtige Warnung aus

It means traces found in the house indicate a crime occurred.

I explained it in my post right above yours. The original sentence is:

Nach Informationen der „Berliner Morgenpost“ deuten im Haus des Mannes Spuren auf ein Verbrechen hin.

From this article
Rebecca Reusch (15) aus Berlin wahrscheinlich tot: Schwester spricht wichtige Warnung aus

It means traces found in the house indicate a crime occurred.
Correct, more sources report that..also I did read that BILs given statements did not match the results of the current investigation.

When you wrote it like that, it threw me back to the family in the US where they appeared on tv pleading for their daughter's return, holding hands with her hubby - who they already knew to be a suspect... their name escapes me now. Could it be something like that?

I remember the case but like you, not the name. She was a teacher, pregnant and he was her bf iirc. And he killed himself before trial while in custody. Is that the case you were referring to? Yes I remember those brave parents holding his hand. But I don't think something like this is happening here. jmo

rsbm

This is why I don't like following European cases too much... information doesn't come out like in the US and it makes a lot of it seem contradictory, and you never know what's right or not. :confused:

When Laci Peterson disappeared, her family stood firmly with her husband, condemning any suggestion that he was involved in her disappearance. When the girlfriend came forward, the family finally understood what had happened. I think it's common for families to be in denial when a family member is suspected of criminal activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean