Germany - Truck crashes into Christmas market in Berlin, 9 dead, 19 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The gun.

I have wondered if the polish driver is the owner of the gun, and the suspect was armed with the knife and was able to get the gun from the driver. jmo idk

IMHO probably not. The Polish driver was a big and strong man.
Possibly, the suspect has his other guns, real big ones, in the place where he is now hiding.

My first thought was that the ID was left in the truck on purpose, either so he could be identified if killed in a shootout with police, to take credit for the deed, or to mislead cops to someone else.

IDK.

jmo

Quoting myself. :)

Or, the ID could have been left as a taunt - that officials are not keeping track of who is entering the country, under what name or names, etc.

I don't think the wallet just dropped out, but I suppose it could have. Wallets go missing all the time, but just seems like it was left deliberately.

jmopinion

FAMILY OF ANIS AMRI QUESTIONED BY TUNISIAN POLICE

N.TV.de
http://www.n-tv.de/politik/18-26-Zwei-Todesopfer-stammen-aus-Brandenburg-article19368596.html

The Tunisian police has questioned the family of Anis Amri, who is wanted in connection with the Berlin attack. The investigation was carried out by investigators of an anti-terrorist unit, the news agency AFP learned from security circles in Tunisia.

BBM

There is a reward up to €100.000 for information leading to the arrest of Anis Amri.
The German police is also aware of the possibility that his documents were planted there by a third party. But still they have to follow this lead. And on top of everything, what is known sofar of Anis Amri easily fits a certain terrorist profile.

So I'm guessing they donn't have his DNA or fingerprints after all his encounters with the authorities?Or at least we don't know that they have...

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2016/12/21/22691804.html
The man is in his early 20s and apparently has used various identities, said Stephan Mayer, a senior lawmaker with Germany’s governing conservatives. He said the man was considered part of the “Salafist-Islamist scene” by authorities.

Germany’s chief federal prosecutor told lawmakers that “this Tunisian is a solid lead, his wallet was found in the cab of the truck, but that it’s not clear that he was also the perpetrator,” said Burkhard Lischka of the Social Democrats, the junior governing party.
The new suspect apparently arrived in Germany in July 2015 and lived in three German regions since February, mostly in Berlin, said Ralf Jaeger, the interior minister of western North Rhine-Westphalia state.
Jaeger told reporters on Wednesday that state police had launched proceedings against the man on suspicion that he was preparing a serious crime. He said “security agencies exchanged information about this person in the joint counter-terrorism centre, the last time in November.”
Separately, the man’s asylum application was rejected in July. German authorities prepared to deport him but weren’t able to do so because he didn’t have valid identity papers, Jaeger said. In August they started trying to get him a replacement passport.
“Tunisia at first denied that this person was its citizen, and the papers weren’t issued for a long time,” Jaeger said. “They arrived today.”
https://www.google.ca/search?q=anis...UICCgB&biw=1302&bih=631#imgrc=U7bK7UgiHoDO-M:
Anis Amri, latest suspect.
attachment.php

Attachments

• anis-amri-1.jpg
    anis-amri-1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 89
SUSPECT SPENT 4 YEARS IN ITALIAN JAIL FOR ARSON; THEN MOVED TO GERMANY AS 'REFUGEE'

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...istmas-market-massacre-jumping-red-light.html

Revealed: Tunisian asylum seeker wanted for Berlin massacre was jailed for four years in Italy for burning down a school and arrested three times in Germany before police lost him

The Tunisian terror suspect wanted in connection with the Berlin Christmas market atrocity spent four years in an Italian jail before moving to Germany, his father revealed today.

Anis Amri settled in Italy after leaving his hometown of Tataouine, Tunisia seven years ago to travel to Europe as an illegal immigrant, his father claimed in a radio interview.

Amri, who has a €100,000 reward on his head, spent four years in an Italian jail after burning down a school before leaving the country for Germany last year.

It was claimed, Amri was planning a string of break-ins or robberies to purchase automatic weapons for use in a terror attack.

Surveillance showed that Amri was involved in drug dealing in a Berlin park and involved in a bar brawl, but no evidence to substantiate the original warning. The observation was called off in September.

BBM

Whats wrong with this picture?

"Separately, Amri’s asylum application was rejected in July. German authorities prepared to deport him but weren’t able to do so because he didn’t have valid identity papers, Jaeger said. In August they started trying to get him a replacement passport."

"German authorities had considered him a possible terror threat months before the attack, put him under covert surveillance for six months this year and tried to deport him after his asylum application was rejected this summer."

Something seriously wrong when a government wont deport someone who they identify as a violent threat just because the person does not have papers.

I'm sorry but this is totally ridiculous. There comes a point where a government has every right to deport someone who is identified as a violent threat. They need to just have some staff on the premises creating new papers right there at the deportation office.

This is unbelievable.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2016/12/21/22691804.html#1

Hi Hatfield,

Welcome to Europe where asylum tourists, rapefugees and criminals cannot be deported OUT thanks to the European Court of Human Rights ....

and where everybody can get IN with help of FRONTEX the European Border Agency, on special request of the European Commission.

All funded by the European taxpayers, who are called 'populist' and worse for daring to notice the madness.

Is this not another ridiculously upsetting statement?

"Surveillance showed that Amri was involved in drug dealing in a Berlin park and involved in a bar brawl, but found no evidence to substantiate the original warning."

"The observation was called off in September, by which time Amri had disappeared from his regular haunts in Berlin, prosecutors said"

Oh, ok so just a little drug dealing and a bar room brawl or two. Lets just keep an eye on him.
Whooops, we lost our trail of him. Lets just quit looking for him.

Im flabbergasted at everything Im reading in that article. Sheeeesh.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2016/12/21/22691804.html#1

SUSPECT SPENT 4 YEARS IN ITALIAN JAIL FOR ARSON; THEN MOVED TO GERMANY AS 'REFUGEE'

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...istmas-market-massacre-jumping-red-light.html

Revealed: Tunisian asylum seeker wanted for Berlin massacre was jailed for four years in Italy for burning down a school and arrested three times in Germany before police lost him

The Tunisian terror suspect wanted in connection with the Berlin Christmas market atrocity spent four years in an Italian jail before moving to Germany, his father revealed today.

Anis Amri settled in Italy after leaving his hometown of Tataouine, Tunisia seven years ago to travel to Europe as an illegal immigrant, his father claimed in a radio interview.

Amri, who has a €100,000 reward on his head, spent four years in an Italian jail after burning down a school before leaving the country for Germany last year.

It was claimed, Amri was planning a string of break-ins or robberies to purchase automatic weapons for use in a terror attack.

Surveillance showed that Amri was involved in drug dealing in a Berlin park and involved in a bar brawl, but no evidence to substantiate the original warning. The observation was called off in September.

BBM

I'm curious about the arson at the school. Any details on what school, who were the students, etc.?

Ot

Mortifying. My baby is a coon hound. Reason for the name, is they chase raccoons up trees

Stunningly agile on their two rear legs, think rearing stallion and you have it.

Doing my thing and in the bedroom she is doing the rearing.

See a wasp, lunch to pull her out. Nope. She rears (now visualize a shark out of water doing pray). Hear a jaw snap, no more wasp in the air.

Oh what I am going to do. There is a wasp in her body?

Ok ice cream - it coats- good idea. Little ice cream left ! Bad week!! I need fluid in her belly.

I cant chat honey ya just ain't a wasp, and I think you should drink a lot of water!

Beef broth - she will drink lots of that and did.

I have no idea what the signs are of a doggie allergic to a wasp sting inside their body.

OK I will monitor for a yelp, foaming or trembling.

I dont know.

I am freaking out

She starts to become clingy. My last baby got like that when she was not feeling good (passed at 23 no BS)

Oh no . As time goes by she is actually ok, the clingy behavior is her sensing that daddy is losing his marbles!

It was so scary, confusing,

My lady love bug is right here, and fine, and in doggie dream land, having lavish dreams about that raccoon she wants to chase!

Hi Hatfield,

Welcome to Europe where asylum tourists, rapefugees and criminals cannot be deported OUT thanks to the European Court of Human Rights ....

and where everybody can get IN with help of FRONTEX the European Border Agency, on special request of the European Commission.

All funded by the European taxpayers, who are called 'populist' and worse for daring to notice the madness.

Hello ZaZara,
I have followed a few other cases from Europe where the crimes were committed by people that really should have been in prison somewhere.

It is really a sad state of affairs and I can sympathize with how some of the helpless folks must feel over there.

Everyone in the world has no problem trying to help those who are less fortunate. But there has to be common sense rules established when it comes to affordability, housing availability, support systems in place, security risks and vetting people, and many other very valid things that have to be established.

When governments start to throw caution to the wind about those things then it is no surprise when things bad start to happen.

We here in the US have started to make similar mistakes and we have paid for it dearly already a few times.

I would hope governments can start to be smarter with their policies and procedures.

MEANWHILE IN EMMERICH, GERMANY, WHERE A POLICE RAZZIA WAS UPHELD DUE TO PROCEDURAL MISTAKES....

RP Online
http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte...nalisten-harren-in-emmerich-aus-aid-1.6481497

Around noon various media reported that a police operation would start shortly. Rees was first mentioned as a possible place of action, then Kleve, finally the indications pointed to the Emmericher asylum accommodation at the Tackenweide. There the first journalists and camera teams took there positions from 1 pm on.
The WDR arrived with three vehicles and a transmission van for the "Tagesschau", and later came ZDF and RTL teams, as well as Dutch TV stations as well as German and international news agencies.

From the afternoon on, eight television cameras, many photographic cameras and the glances of more than 30 journalists were directed at the asylum shelter.
However: Nothing happened for hours. But even about this nothing everything was reported and broadcasted. Thus, the Tackenweide, that never before had come under scrutiny managed itself onto the apex of the news of many German broadcasters.

In the unlikely event that the wanted Tunisian had chosen the Tackenweide as a hiding place, he would have been warned hours before the police action took place and could have left the area easily.

BBM

:fence:

I'm curious about the arson at the school. Any details on what school, who were the students, etc.?

La Stampa
http://www.lastampa.it/2016/12/21/e...are-il-tir-iv2xYec27yJAQ5fb5J62UK/pagina.html

The young man arrived in Italy in February 2011 along with the other thousands of Tunisians who fled the country in the months following the outbreak of the Arab Spring. When he was identified, Anis Amri declared to be minor and therefore was transferred to a reception center for minors in Sicily.

After a few months spent in the center, according to intelligence sources, the Tunisian committed criminal acts and offenses. Meanwhile he had become of age, he was therefore arrested, tried and sentenced to four years. Was released from prison in the spring of 2015, buthe did not return free: against him a procedure of expulsion was started. Anis Amri was so transferred to an identification and expulsion center pending the approval by the Tunisian authorities, which is mandatory in order to be repatriated. The approval, however, never arrived and, after the legal deadline, the Tunisian was notified of a measure of removal from Italy.

BBM

It would help if someone decided that the approval of the receiving country is no longer necessary in such cases.....

SUSPECT WAS CONVICTED IN ABSENTIA IN TUNISIA TO 5 YEARS FOR ROBBERY WITH VIOLENCE

MosaïqueFM.net
http://www.mosaiquefm.net/fr/actual...ne-en-tunisie-a-5-ans-de-prison-par-contumace

The suspect has a case history with justice. He is wanted by the police station of El Oueslatia and was sentenced in absentia to five years in prison for aggravated robbery with violence.

The same sources added that investigations are ongoing with the father of Anis Amri to determine whether he has links with Daesh or not.

BBM

So he was a refugee after all! *sarcastic mode off*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08