Germany - Truck crashes into Christmas market in Berlin, 9 dead, 19 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BREAKING NOW: He has been released, guys

Reuters on Sky news according to the chief prosecutor .

#BREAKING -- #Germany federal prosecutor's office says #Breitscheidplatz suspect freed, no proof suspect was in the deadly truck.

hmmm..... :thinking:

So not OK --very few CCTV's cameras there.

There really is no reason to believe that he is now in the mood to sell Boy Scout Cookies.

[h=1]13 Best European Christmas Markets to See in Your Lifetime[/h]

http://luxeadventuretraveler.com/best-european-christmas-markets/

OT Have Cnn on for the first time in like 8 months - could not stand to listen to Trump.

Just saw the ambassador assignation earlier, wow, the guy who did it was a COP

CNN

I was at the Christmas market in Brussels last year while they had terror warnings,it was still packed with tourists and had police with heavy guns, I can tell you I was nervous.I have been to the one in Brugge and Kortrijk,most stands are alcohol,mostly flavored shots.

I hope they're keeping close tabs on him just in case.

So do I --and just learning that CCTV is not really around there is very concerning.

Truth be told we all know that in reality , mass murderers, who are not killed or kill themselves have really only been found by CCTV.

Think about it ...............

Boston, Manhatten bomber etc etc

ThyssenKrupp has confirmed that the driver of the lorry arrived at the manufacturing company’s Berlin warehouse on Monday – either in the morning or around midday – in an attempt to make an early delivery of the steel beams. The beams were supposed to be delivered on Tuesday morning.

ThyssenKrupp said it did not know where the lorry driver went next, but his cousin told reporters that he had parked in a nearby neighbourhood that the driver called “strange” and then went to get food.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...-market-attack-suspect-pakistan-live-coverage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...ttack-mood-is-grey-but-city-was-expecting-it/
At a glance | What should I do if I'm in Berlin?

What is the Foreign Office advice for Berlin?

"The German authorities are investigating... a likely terrorist attack," the Foreign Office said. "You should remain vigilant and follow the advice of local authorities. The German police have issued a contact number +49 30 540 23 111 for people concerned, or +49 30 540 24 111 for people who may have relevant information."

Can I cancel my trip?

You can, but you will have to pay any extra costs you incur. Travel companies are not obliged to offer free cancellation or repatriation unless the FCO advises against travel - though some might make exceptions for specific incidents or destinations. It is worth checking with the company you booked with.
While some hotels may allow you to postpone your booking, you are normally liable to honour any hotel bookings unless there is a free cancellation clause.

At the time of writing, the incident is not expected to affect tourism to any major degree, however, and most of the city’s resilient inhabitants are going about their business as usual, with plans for New Year’s celebrations in Berlin fully expected to go ahead.

From the look of the truck would the driver/suspect have some injuries like cuts or bruising to the face or arms?The windshield is badly damaged.His injuries would be noticable.

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/germany
Germany

Last updated: December 19, 2016 16:06 ET
Still valid: December 20, 2016 13:23 ET

Germany - Exercise normal security precautions

There is no nationwide advisory in effect for Germany. Exercise normal security precautions.

https://de.usembassy.gov/emergency-message-u-s-citizens-truck-drove-christmas-market-berlin/
[h=1]Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Truck drove into Christmas Market in Berlin[/h]
U.S. citizens in Germany are encouraged to avoid the area of Breitscheidplatz. We urge
U.S. citizens in Berlin to contact family members and loved ones to notify them
that you are safe.
We are working with local authorities to determine if any U.S. citizens were injured in the event. Avoid the
area, to monitor local press for updates, and exercise caution if you are in the
vicinity.

German law :(

The Pakistani held false identities, false passports, committed sexual offenses and failed to turn up at interviews about his alleged refugee status ...... and yet he walks.

#MerkelJustice
#MerkelChristmas

From the look of the truck would the driver/suspect have some injuries like cuts or bruising to the face or arms?The windshield is badly damaged.His injuries would be noticable.

The windshield held fairly well at the side of the driver. The big hole is on the passenger's side.

I know this will sound bad and I mean no disrespect to those killed but now the "Berlin Strong" will start.Candlelight vigils,flags,ribbons,flowers does nothing to stop this from happening over and over.It is a way to pacify us into remaining calm until the next one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/world/europe/berlin-attack-christmas-market.html
In a country where a painful experience with fascism has placed personal privacy at a premium, the investigation was sure to be complicated by the absence of surveillance cameras that have become the norm in cities like London.

Instead, officials appealed to witnesses and the public to provide tips or video of the crime scene and any suspects, and to avoid posting them on social media outlets.
German officials are normally tight-lipped about high-profile investigations, preferring to withhold any information until they have clear answers.
The readiness to go public at such an early stage of the investigation reflects the sensitivity of the issue and the political problems Ms. Merkel already faces over her government’s policy of admitting refugees by the hundreds of thousands.

Being reported that the suspects dna did not match the dna in the truck.

The windshield held fairly well at the side of the driver. The big hole is on the passenger's side.

Is it possible the driver jumped out of the truck before the rampage? Is there auto control on the truck?

I have no idea if that is even possible. Just wondering if the driver made an escape before anyone even knew to look for him.

If he were still in the driver's seat, it seems that the truck could have made a longer run through the market. Maybe the truck stopped because it didn't have an operator in the driver's seat. ??

TOTAL speculation here, just thinking aloud.

jmopinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back