Gerry's Blog - CURRENT - ALL THREADS MERGED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Gerry says he hopes Madeleine is being "treated like a princess", it sounds like he is making an appeal to the wealthy pedophile he sold her to!

(No, I don't think he did such a thing, but his idiocy is incomprehensible. Why doesn't Gerry McCann JUST SHUT UP!!!!)
In this case nothing would surprise me Pink!

The sad part is the McCanns may have even chose the use of that word to appease the witch hunt.

All the pictures of Madeliene show a happy little girl with parents that loved her, she was their princess.
Couldn't agree more. All the pictures show a very happy, healthy and much loved little girl.
There is definately lots of "spin" but it's not coming from the McCanns. IMO

Really, April, I'm watching "Gone with the Wind" with my youngest child right now, and THAT is spin. And as the descendant of a Confederate officer, I have no problem whatsoever saying what is spin and what is not, whether it's about the Civil War or anything else.

Yes, Madeleine was a healthy little girl. That is fact. How happy she was, is opinion. I do not believe she was unhappy. How could she be? She had a better life than many thousands of children in the world. That does not mean that she had the best life possible, though.

Just because Madeleine was not as worse off as other children, does not mean that she was as well off as other children.

"Gerry's Blog/Diary
Day 184 - 03/11/2007

Today marks six months since Madeleine was taken from us. It is an incredibly long time for us but must be even longer for Madeleine. It is so painful for us simply being separated, but all the more distressing when we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself. We have no idea whether she is suffering

They have "no idea"? :slap: Any kidnapped child is suffering, Gerry. It's called Fear. It's called Loneliness.

Not to mention possibly being molested/tortured. :(

Gerry M. said:
but we have to hope and pray that she is being treated like a princess, as she deserves.

I don't usually use this smiley, so sorry: :sick:

Gerry M. said:
This afternoon there will be prayer vigils in Liverpool, Praia da Luz and many friends will be praying in Glasgow. Tonight we will be attending an ecumenical service to pray for Madeleine and other children who are suffering.

Then I guess Gerry does, indeed, realize that Maddie is "suffering" instead of having the princess tea party right now. :doh:

Or maybe he means that other children don't deserve the princess treatment, and therefore they suffer.

Who knows what he means? I should really stop reading this blog . . .

Agreed, Thoughtfox, you said it all very well.

My first and immediate thought would be, to assume my child is suffering away from home, period. "We have no idea" is ludicrous.

Hi Texana - this is completely off-topic but just have to tell you my daughter danced in the California Ballet Nutcracker for years. I have such fond memories of all those rehearsals and performances. She was everything from a bon-bon to one of the family scene children. And now she's a 22 year old first year grad student at Yale - majoring in biochemistry.

Many long years ago, I played violin for the Tucson Civic Ballet orchestra. So, I got to be on the instrumental side of the Nutcracker.

I love the ballet and all the good music that goes with it.

(I teach music at a private elementary school. And yes, we study some of the Nutcracker music as part of our December music appreciation units.)

Really, April, I'm watching "Gone with the Wind" with my youngest child right now, and THAT is spin. And as the descendant of a Confederate officer, I have no problem whatsoever saying what is spin and what is not, whether it's about the Civil War or anything else.

Yes, Madeleine was a healthy little girl. That is fact. How happy she was, is opinion. I do not believe she was unhappy. How could she be? She had a better life than many thousands of children in the world. That does not mean that she had the best life possible, though.

Just because Madeleine was not as worse off as other children, does not mean that she was as well off as other children.
Texana, Madeleine's case is not a film.
And spin doesn't just happen in films. In fact its mentioned here a lot recently.
I just disagree on whose "spinning" IMO.

I'm glad you agree Madeleine was healthy and not unhappy. I also believe she was loved by her parents.
Hopefully she is still alive and will be found and returned to them.

My first and immediate thought would be, to assume my child is suffering away from home, period. "We have no idea" is ludicrous.
He could say, just once, "I know Maddie is scared and wants to come home, and we want to bring her home and keep her safe from now on." That would be a display of real empathy with his child. Because it doesn't matter what he "thinks" - what about the way Maddie "feels"? :bang:

If the McCanns really are clueless about Madeleine's disappearance (which I doubt), they must live in some sort of la-la land. They seem to have this ingrained vision of their daughter being kidnapped because of who she is and being held by people who wanted a 3-year-old daughter, and she's been treated "like a princess". The sad reality, which the McCanns should know because of ICMEC, is that most children die within the first few hours of being abducted.

If the McCanns really are clueless about Madeleine's disappearance (which I doubt), they must live in some sort of la-la land. They seem to have this ingrained vision of their daughter being kidnapped because of who she is and being held by people who wanted a 3-year-old daughter, and she's been treated "like a princess". The sad reality, which the McCanns should know because of ICMEC, is that most children die within the first few hours of being abducted.

They want to hope and you are begrudging them that?

Oh me oh my.

I'm almost sure if my daughter were to go missing I would like to imagine someone stole her because she was so beautiful, because they couldnt have one of their own and that they would love her and cherish her.
I would make myself think that.

Assuming non-involvement, I don't begrudge the McCanns hope for Madeline, and I don't know if/when/ever the McCanns will face the reality behind child abductions, assuming Madeline was abducted.

It is my understanding that Patty Wetterling still looks at faces of young men in hopes of finding her son Jacob who disappeared 18 years ago. He now would be nearly 30 years old. It seems, as a parent of a missing child, you never stop looking.

I understand drug Mafia lords have been contacted to try to find Madeline in Morocco. Does anyone think she'll be found in Morocco?

Spin, I think, is taking something negative or ugly and trying to pretty it up.

Like making slavery nostalgic.

Or bringing up "treated like a princess" in conjunction with a presumed child abduction.

However, I think that Gerry really does believe that Madeleine is being treated like a princess, because he knows she is in heaven.

Spin, I think, is taking something negative or ugly and trying to pretty it up.

Like making slavery nostalgic.

Or bringing up "treated like a princess" in conjunction with a presumed child abduction.

However, I think that Gerry really does believe that Madeleine is being treated like a princess, because he knows she is in heaven.
Spinning is putting your own interpretation to something, not always honestly. And sadly some people are useing it in a malicious way. IMO

I'm almost sure if my daughter were to go missing I would like to imagine someone stole her because she was so beautiful, because they couldnt have one of their own and that they would love her and cherish her.

Wow, I could not do that at all as a mom. I would be sick worried knowing what she may be going through, I would be going literally nuts just by reading the heinous crimes against children daily all over the world and knowing my little girl may be suffering like that. Denial won't help me at all, the pain would be to big to feed myself with lies.

Wow, I could not do that at all as a mom. I would be sick worried knowing what she may be going through, I would be going literally nuts just by reading the heinous crimes against children daily all over the world and knowing my little girl may be suffering like that. Denial won't help me at all, the pain would be to big to feed myself with lies.

I didn't say I wouldnt be going nuts.

I said I would pretend my child was being loved and looked after, not sure why that is so hard to understand.

I don't begrudge the McCanns' hope that Maddie is being well taken care of and I can somewhat understand their position (IF they are not involved in her disappearance). I would lie to myself if my child had disappeared, ESPECIALLY if it was because of my negligent behavior. I would be so guilt ridden, I would have to lie to myself in order to perservere to find my child. I would not read or listen to the "real" stories and would fall back on just the miracle stories of found children.

In fact, I think if I was in the McCanns' "stated" position, this would be a real test of my sanity. Once my child was found, if she was not alive, I'm not sure I would be able to handle that. It would take an awful lot of support and loving "lies" about how it wasn't really my fault, and it was meant to happen, etc. for me to face the rest of my days. But face them, I would, because I would consider it my punishment for not behaving more responsibly in regards to my child.

On another note - the "well-loved" comments about the pictures, I found it odd in the new picture of Maddie on the pony that while Kate is standing next to Maddie with her left hand on Maddie's knee, Kate's right hand is made into a fist. At first, I thought Kate might be cold, but then I look at Maddie and she doesn't even have sleeves on her blouse. Just an observation, but the smile on Kate's face doesn't quite seem to match her posture.

Salem

I didn't say I wouldnt be going nuts.

I said I would pretend my child was being loved and looked after, not sure why that is so hard to understand.

I did not say is hard to understand at all, where do you get that idea?. I am just saying I would not be in denial and pretend as you stated in your opinion, that's all.

They want to hope and you are begrudging them that?

Oh me oh my.

No I don't begrudge them a desire that she's being well-treated, but in every plea for information I've ever read they seem to lack a sense of reality about Madeleine's fate. It's one thing to hope, another to manufacture a fairy-land story where someone is treating her like a princess. That is just not real.

No I don't begrudge them a desire that she's being well-treated, but in every plea for information I've ever read they seem to lack a sense of reality about Madeleine's fate. It's one thing to hope, another to manufacture a fairy-land story where someone is treating her like a princess. That is just not real.

I'm sure alot of people with missing children live with the hope that their child is still alive and being cared for.

Alot of children that go missing actually do turn up years later alive and well.

Just a few cases that I found where parents are reunited with their missing children

Ana Lilia Rangel
Rangel, one year old, was abducted by her non-custodial father on October 30, 1980. He took her and her mother to Mexico, supposedly to visit his relatives, but left Rangel's mother in Monterrey and disappeared with Rangel. Rangel's mother searched for her for the next twenty-three years. She was located in December 2003, when she applied for a Texas Identification Card. Rangel, who is now twenty-five and pregnant, had been living with her father and a woman she thought was her biological mother

Courtney, Jennifer and Joshua Marren
Courtney, Jennifer, and Joshua Marren, 3-year-old triplets, were abducted along with their older siblings Katharine and Timothy, from Chicago, Illinois on July 9, 1988. They were taken by their non-custodial mother, Carol Ann Marren. All five of the Marren siblings were located safe fifteen and a half years after their abductions, in December 2003

Miguel and Herlinda Alcaraz
Miguel, 8, and his sister Herlinda, 4, were abducted by their non-custodial father, Efren Vargus Alcaraz, from Las Vegas, Nevada on November 12, 1994. The children were found safe in December 2003, nine years after their disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member