Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RH father died in 1975, when he was 11 years old. We know that father was an aerospace engineer, and a hobbyist wood worker which RH also shares passion. Right away, hearing him idolize his father set off alarms for me. I’d love to know the dynamic in that household after his fathers death. I also find it interesting that RH mother who is in her 90s is in Virginia, rather then close to home where she can be regularly seen/checked up on (please correct me if this info is not correct I’ve read it several places). Mommy issues are the hallmark of many serial killers and I have to wonder if RH clear hatred for women stems from losing his father so young and having to take orders and be raised by a single mom. Also makes me wonder if his father was into nefarious things or had an unstable relationship with his wife (RH mom).

As the toll of victims grew and the search expanded, police used horses to reach the remote area, climbed firefighters’ ladders to see over poison ivy-infested thickets, scoured parking ticket records and got aerial surveillance photos from the FBI. Over the years, reward money was offered, FBI experts profiled the killer and evolving DNA techniques were used.
-.-.-

His wife, he testified, dropped him off at a nearby train station in the mornings.
Neighbors puzzled at the rundown home with the overgrown shrubs in their tidy midst, and at the contrast between the house and the businessman who set off from it each weekday with suit and briefcase.
(When he got arrested though, there was no suit and no briefcase; he looked like an -old- student with his dangling messenger bag, IMO.)

BBM. The sentence I bolded...what/who is this referring to, and where is it from?

Suffolk Police Officers executed a search warrant at a single unit at Omega Self Storage in Amityville late on Sunday night, according to News 12 Long Island.

stoarge.jpg.644x0_q85.jpg

The entrance to the parking lot in front of the locked storage units was cordoned off with crime scene tape, and several police cruisers were observed at the scene, as depicted in photographs obtained by The Post.

The storage unit is just two miles from the married father-of-two’s home in Massapequa Park which investigators have been combing for evidence – and possible trophies – linking him to the slayings.

This man had access to building all over the NY metro area, and god only knows what trophies he may have kept.

I have the same thoughts. Access to so many locations (per his job), many of them likely in various states of (dis)repair, could have given him countless locations to hide trophies.

Also wondering if he used his woodworking hobby to create secret panels/hiding spots for things in his home.

MOO.

Last edited:
Discussing the display of the Time-Out Dolls -- doesn't it seem LE has access to his credit card info from the time of the Memorials and dolls being displayed? If so, doesn't it make sense they would check his charges to see if RH purchased any dolls . . . ? This is just the beginning, folks. So much more to come.
Would credit card companies hold information for over a decade?

It doesnt seem feasible

There were a couple photos of long guns. A couple looked like antiques or replicas. The guns below aren't shotguns, but its possible he had one.

That said, he doesn't seem like the outdoors type who would sit in a freezing cold duck blind for hours.

73272249-12304161-image-a-8_1689524914488.jpg
Oh, wow. Thanks for the information. I only heard about the 90 some handguns.

Did anybody else find the L’interview by Bonjour Realty weird? The interviewer kept laughing for no apparent reason and his comment asking RH about using his hammer on people instead of things seemed like the oddest comment for the context of the interview. I’m wondering if the interviewer was working with the police to set up that interview in order to gain intel on RH for profiling?

Did anybody else find the L’interview by Bonjour Realty weird? The interviewer kept laughing for no apparent reason and his comment asking RH about using his hammer on people instead of things seemed like the oddest comment for the context of the interview. I’m wondering if the interviewer was working with the police to set up that interview in order to gain intel on RH for profiling?
I'm glad you brought this up. I found the segment about the hammer to be creepy and thinly veiled, as if they both knew they were talking about people. One doesn't persuade a piece of wood. Just so creepy!!!

I doubt that. The interviewer has a youtube channel with many other interviews and segments about real estate in NYC. The French man was also interviewed by MSM after the RH story broke:

jmo

A 2011 image showing the first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche outside suspect's Long Island home.
Suffolk County cops did not immediately return messages early Monday seeking clarification on exactly when info on the Avalanche was first given.

But Commissioner Harrison reportedly suggested that it only came when the unidentified pimp spoke to a task force last year, telling them they “might want to look” at the Avalanche-driving “ogre.”

BBM. The sentence I bolded...what/who is this referring to, and where is it from?
It is from the link.

After a brief marriage in the early 1990s, Heuermann has been married since 1996 to wife Asa, with whom he has a daughter — a graphic artist — and a stepson, according to his 2018 testimony. His wife, he testified, dropped him off at a nearby train station in the mornings.

Once more the link: A new look at an old clue helps investigators arrest the man accused of Gilgo Beach murders

YES! There was a website called "Utopia Guide" and there was discussion of the "boyfriend scam" that Amber Lynn Costello had done to RH. The website is long gone - both fortunately and unfortunately.
This article, subtitled "Crime Scene Location in West Babylon, New York, United States" mentions the scam. The article does appear to be recent.

EDIT: Also, if the site was actually named utopiaguide.com, here is the Wayback Machine link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx