Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex Huermann was president of his own Architectural firm and has managed to fool co-workers and family for at least the past 15 years. Disappearing out of town for extended periods of time might have tipped people off. It's always a possibility he had jobs out of town but as of right now I am only seeing an active license to practice in NYS but that doesn't mean he didn't have out of state licenses in the past. As of right now, based off of what we know so far, it doesn't seem likely. That said, who knows... ya know?
Oh my where did he go?what did he do? More victimssomewhere?

Would credit card companies hold information for over a decade?

It doesnt seem feasible
They have his American Express info for the three he's charged with. However, the one he isn't charged with is because that info is no longer available. For instance, the document specifically says the wife's travel for 2007 can not be determined because the card info is not available. ETA I don't think we can know when LE obtained the records -- after the bodies were discovered? Or when the taskforce was formed? or sometime in between?

I am still convinced he was behind the AC4 they were found near water and the fact his ex wife is from New Jersey
While I also have a strong suspicion that he may be connected to these murders as well (speculation, MOO), I will note that the poster you responded to (@otto) asked if he found a "new hunting ground" after the GB 4 were discovered. The Atlantic City 4, or victims of the "Eastbound Strangler," were discovered in 2006 and therefore predate the GB 4 (found between 2010 and 2011).

While we all know serial killers can abruptly stop killing, like BTK, IMO Rex did not. He still continued to see sex workers, even up until his arrest. Like @otto, I wonder what happened / how he changed behaviors or tactics after the discovery of the GB4.

I don't think he has stopped killing, he has just changed his game..remember how Green River Gary had all his little pockets of victims..Bundy too... a few here, a few there..just waiting for the discovery of four more ..or a
set in progress..they need something they can use to pry open his mouth... so fitting that he cried like a little baby...mOO

Speaking of that, just watching CNN where they were reporting on Rex H. They said the new leader of the Suffolk County PD brought in the FBI team (CAST) that specializes in retrieving and compiling cell phone data. It was a key part of the investigation (and many others) to be able to go through a massive pile of data and make sense of it.

Yep and my understanding is the previous administration refused to invite the FBI in to help... they were trying to hide police corruption and were eventually arrested themselves and found guilty

The police stated him paying cash for the cell phone basically triggered them going ahead on the arrest.

Here’s my additional concern. He also owns a home in New Bedford which also has had a string of serial murders of sex workers. With that said I’m not sure how long he has owned the property in New Bedford.
Do you have sources for these two statements?

I am still convinced he was behind the AC4 they were found near water and the fact his ex wife is from New Jersey
AC makes sense to me for when RH's wife and kids were in town and the urge hit. I wonder how many client trips he made when he was supposed to be wining and dining clients as an excuse for a quick trip out-of-town?

Shepherd, 47, who worked with Heuermann for five years, spent three hours assessing his Massapequa Park, New York home for a renovation project in 2005 – just one of several close interactions she had had with him that have kept her awake at night since his arrest last week.

Speaking DailyMail.com, she described how she had developed a friendly, working relationship with the 59-year-old architect who is seen mingling with the interior designers and colleagues in exclusive photos published for the first time.

She revealed Heuermann even once took her to a firing range in the Bronx where he taught her how to fire a 9mm handgun.

On another occasion when she slipped on ice, Heuermann accompanied her to a hospital and then back to her apartment in Manhattan where he gave her meds.

Shepherd worked with Heuermann, off and on, from 2002 to 2007 and shared office space with him for two of those years in Manhattan, where he ran an architectural firm.

She would regularly travel with him to job sites as a freelance interior designer. At the time she found him smart and mostly friendly, if socially awkward.

She now likens him to a real-life Dexter, the Showtime character who led a double life as a serial killer.

'He's just like Dexter,' she told DailyMail.com. 'You'd never know if you met him. Dexter was also super normal and then he had that other side.'

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpeg
    IMG_0232.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 54
The house seems very unhappy, no flowers or outdoor furniture? Everyone just existing there? Kids not allowed u to o eat candy from that home on Halloween. So odd! JMOO no links just read it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l