Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guns were in the 12x5 room that RH did not allow the designerKatherine Shepard to measure when she was at his house in 2005. Last I knew he was permitted for 92 guns. Wow 200? Per the CNN clip they include semi automatic and assault weapons. Yikes. Luckily LE nabbed him in a public place on a sidewalk outside the office. Imagine if he had been tipped off that LE was coming to arrest him and he was at home - imo
Truth, if he had been home and known they were out there, it could have been firefight, depending on how much ammo he had on hand.

200 guns seems excessive even for an experienced hunter or competition shooter. While the guns were not used to kill his victims, brandishing one or two of them, or showcasing one's firepower, could be a great motivator for submission.

Hoarding is the perfect word.

Hoarding is sometimes linked to overeating and alcoholism. In some people, it is the same gene that blocks "enough, I am full" signal. (And the same drug, Topiramate, helps all three).

I think that his method of burying the bodies was hoarding-linked, too.

No one needs so many guns, and I doubt he did it for a purpose. For a purpose, as one case I read about has shown, one can purchase a tiny pistol from a private collection, and kill himself and someone else, almost on the spot.

This is collective, obsessive hoarding, and i wonder why he couldn't pay the taxes. Maybe he hoarded different things, and spent money on them? From his interview, and all accounts, I fully believe that he had superior IQ. He probably couldn't use it fully, but superior enough to deal with all codes and ordinances of the most expensive city to live in.

There should be some other hoards, of bodies and something else.

Yes, he could also be a coin collector and hoard thousands of $$ of coins. It happens. Buys... but does not sell.

maybe he made good money... but his house sure doesn't show it. The $money went somewhere

I've been thinking about the 'ogre' moniker we've read people mention (I think a pimp mentioned it--from an article someone posted).

Every ogre I recall from fairy tale illustrations and movies is bald. So, perhaps if he did wear a hairpiece, he removed it when he planned to kill, and then he really did look like an ogre (to those who lived to remember him).

Last edited:
Have you read the bail document? There is quite a bit in there, and that is not everything the investigators have as they are not required to release everything at this point.

jmo
New here. My thoughts. Gathering items that may or may not be relevant. His pets DNA, fur, hair,dander. The dolls DNA, hair found at scene or fibers from its hair and dress. Of course souvenir trophies from his home or office.

Good lord. WHAT was he going to do if he succeeded in tracking them down?

Rex Heuermann was trying to track down Gilgo Beach victim's child censored*-thousands-times.html

Before his arrest, prosecutors say Heuermann had been researching one of his alleged victims' children online, trying to track them down.

Two of the Gilgo Four - Megan Waterman and Maureen Brainard-Barnes - had children when they were murdered.

Prosecutors will not reveal which of their children Heuermann was trying to track down, but in an interview with Fox News on Monday morning Suffolk County DA Ray Tierney confirmed that Heuermann had been looking for them.

'He was also making searches of the victims, looking at pictures of the victims online, and he was running searches of the victim's siblings, and in one instance, their child, and it appeared as though he was trying to locate them,' Tierney said.

I do think the hair issue is important. If he is wearing a toupee, a hair piece, a wig, that could carry thru to wearing those on his nights of stalking and killing. Different look, different disguises etc. could cause confusion and delay in any potential witnesses seeing a suspicious person. That is my only concern for understanding what’s going on with his hair.

That could explain why they needed his wife's hair to tie him up to the case. Or maybe, a small hair from his arm.

However, this article has two photos of RH. One from a schoolbook and one, from a drama club. Same type of hair. I think he just stuck to his 70-es hairstyle, it seems.

It may have already been stated here, but I had to play catch up and skip to page 40 on this 2nd thread. If you have never seen the Killing Season it's worth the watch. The Time Out Dolls were discussed in one of the episodes.

I need to watch this show.

Heuermann owns a $17,000 time share in this complex in Las Vegas, which he bought in 2005

He also owns a $154,000 plot of land in Chester, South Carolina, where he planned to retire near his brother, Craig.

It's unclear if it is the town where police found the Chevrolet Avalanche that was seized in South Carolina as part of the murder probe.

Neighbors there told Fox News that Heuermann's brother, Craig, often spoke about him and his plans to buy more property in the area.

'He told me when I first moved down here that his brother owns that lot across the road, and that his brother's going to retire down here, and when he does, everybody's leaving,' the neighbor said.

His plan was to 'buy everything up', the neighbor added. Chester is small rural city, around 50 miles southwest of Charlotte.

The Club de Soleil time share is near the Vegas strip. Heuermann and his wife bought their share in 2005, before any of the murders took place

The Club de Soleil time share is near the Vegas strip. Heuermann and his wife bought their share in 2005, before any of the murders took place
An example of one of the apartments in the Club de Soleil complex in Nevada

As a non-american... you have a function to report that a house in your neighbourhood is not as pretty as the neighbours would want to? Wow.

This is just so to the other extreme from the "This is PRIVATE land, no-one may exist on MY land" that is usually portrayed about the US, that I have a hard time understanding how these two extremes can co-exist in the same cultural sphere.

Which one of these attitudes is more common? Could this house have been reported? What happens if a house is reported and would a NYC architect know of ways to get around such reports?

yes, if you do not keep up your yard, and lawn, and if your house falls in disrepair the neighbors most likely will report you to the city and you will be fined. If your house is not up to code it can be demolished. Some neighborhoods are extremely picky esp if you happen to live in a HOA neighborhood.
If my lawn gets past 5 inches the city can and will fine me $500 each time.
Usually, neighbors will ask you to clean up first before reporting you.
I am shocked on Long Island no neighbor did report him. If he did he chose instead to just pay the fines.
Every city is different and some neighborhoods are far more picky. The neighbors that fall in disrepair can cause other's houses to lower in value and create a serious problem if left unchecked.

I think anyone who thinks he wouldn't kill peaches and her child is giving him way more credit than he deserves..
a sexual psychopathic sadist and serial killer will be more than happy to do away with a toddler..they might not want to admit to it, but they would certainly enjoy that since its..what they do...I know it doesn't sound right but
I don't give him a pass on anything. mOO

I think she may have met him on a call with the child in tow or left the child in her car. It's far more common than it should be. He may have not known she brought a child until after he killed her. But did other women have drivers or were picked up a motel by him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum