Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My money's still on toupee/hairpiece. If his appearance most resembles that of witness accounts and additional evidence (selfies, etc) with hair on his head, LE would have allowed his mug shot to be taken with the "rug" on his head. jmo

ETA: No wigs in prison, I assume. But for a mug shot... I think it's likely ok.

I would bet he is wearing cheap toupees.
We should find out soon, and he will look even scarier without hair. An orge.

I was wondering if he stopped when Bittrolff was arrested in 2014 or, if he simply relocated to a different jurisdiction to commit his acts.
Given what they said at the press conference about valuable information coming from the ‘incarcerated community’ I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they once operated together.

* simply bc the LE did not state in that specific document if he looked them up or not.

We don't have that info. If he did, LE had no reason to mention that in that specific document aimed at the other murders.
Good point. This team has been extremely tight with their investigation and I think we can expect them to remain so. They're not finished.

jmo

Some people say that child rapists are very specific in their age brackets for preferences.

I'm not going into detail, but my personal, lived experience is that a person who wants to sexually assault children isn't that picky, and will take the opportunity to sexually assault anyone from infants up to children on the verge of entering high school.

We know RH had explicit searches for CSAM. We can only see what's in the PCA, but just because the ages listed in the searches are those of kids in middle childhood doesn't exclude him from harming a toddler. And having a baby himself certainly doesn't exclude him, given that many child rapists don't restrain themselves from harming their own children, or children of the same age or appearance as their own children.

I think that if he is responsible for harming Peaches, her daughter may have been more than collateral damage, as horrible as that is to contemplate.

MOO

I too have noticed sex addicts and those interested in children are not picky about the age, or gender of the child and will predate on anyone available, and vulnerable. Opportunist type of crime.

interesting to revisit the 2011 New York Times' profile of the LISK (this is a gift link, btw)

"He is most likely a white male in his mid-20s to mid-40s. He is married or has a girlfriend. He is well educated and well spoken. He is financially secure, has a job and owns an expensive car or truck. He may have sought treatment at a hospital for poison ivy infection. As part of his job or interests, he has access to, or a stockpile of, burlap sack"

“He has to be persuasive enough and rational enough that he is able to convince these women to meet him on these terms. He has demonstrated social skills. He may even be charming.”

"The summertime disappearances suggest several characteristics. “There may be a seasonal nature to his connection to the area, or to his fantasy and ritual,” Mr. Clemente said. “It may be the time his wife or kids or parents are away for the summer. "

Bright, Careful and Sadistic: Profiling Long Island’s Mystery Serial Killer

well educated but not smart.
He didn't understand that DNA evidence and cell phones can be traced. So not so bright. Smart enough to con people but no intellectual mastermind.

Regarding question of bad toupee, bad wig, etc.
scroll down to photo of Rex ( the one directly below photo of Scott Bonn)
See left side of Rex head. Looks like improper placement ( hairless spot )
Wish I could let this go, but it's shocking how bad his hair fits on his head. I don't see any indication of Rosacea or Psoriasis, and wonder why others mentioned it.
1689535573221.png Does it matter if he wore a wig or toupee? Not sure. I don't think he used it to hide or change his identity in the crimes. He seems to think he looks good enough in that business photo. (To me it looks like fake hair plopped on his head wrong.) Like the appearance of his dumpy house, especially for an architect specializing in codes, he doesn't realize other people's perceptions matter. I see it as him not having any professional integrity. He seems sloppy, and I hope they find more evidence to nail him down forever. All MOO.
1689536217892.png

Wish I could let this go, but it's shocking how bad his hair fits on his head. I don't see any indication of Rosacea or Psoriasis, and wonder why others mentioned it.
View attachment 435159 Does it matter if he wore a wig or toupee? Not sure. I don't think he used it to hide or change his identity in the crimes. He seems to think he looks good enough in that business photo. (To me it looks like fake hair plopped on his head wrong.) Like the appearance of his dumpy house, especially for an architect specializing in codes, he doesn't realize other people's perceptions matter. I see it as him not having any professional integrity. He seems sloppy, and I hope they find more evidence to nail him down forever. All MOO.
View attachment 435161

strange for a man who is supposed to be an architect. The architects I know dress very sharp, and are very aware of their looks and appearance this guy looks like a fake architect running a conn for the mob.
I mean something is very off about him.

YES! There was a website called "Utopia Guide" and there was discussion of the "boyfriend scam" that Amber Lynn Costello had done to RH. The website is long gone - both fortunately and unfortunately.

We traversed through tons of hideous smut in the old days of researching LISK here on WS. Many links and posts probably wouldn't make it onto threads these days. Some of the info on those threads could still be valuable and/or of interest for anyone interested in (possible) background info... it's worth a little search. imo

ETA: At least it's interesting to see how things have changed.

Last edited:
I think what the roommate said was that if he’d just taken a step further out ‘he would’ve seen the car Amber got into.’

The bail documents say that the car was only seen driving away from the general direction Amber had been headed to. So both can be true. He could’ve seen and described the avalanche leaving the area but also not known if it was the car Amber got into, he didn’t necessarily lie. It may also have been used as an excuse for the police not to look into it further.

Also, the bail documents only say ‘a witness’. They don’t specify it was the roommate. Given the chaos they were causing in the neighbourhood, I’d say there’s a good chance other neighbours would‘ve been keeping a close eye on comings and goings.

I saw that, too. I think he's the one who witnessed the car and Rex H, but LE probably told him to not reveal that information to anyone else. JMO, he told the documentary folks a different version of the story, as he should have.

Oh, apparently some weird stuff....
"On Saturday, cops were seen carrying out a child-sized blonde doll that was kept in a large wooden and glass case adorned with flowers. The creepy doll with a red bow adorned on top of its head, wearing a red outfit, was just one of several items officers clad in hazmat suits, gloves and masks took out of the home and filled into a truck."

I’m not a very visual person but I had to track this down.

NYPICHPDPICT000014115996.jpg

This looks creepy to me, but I don’t collect dolls or know anyone who collects dolls. It’s obviously supposed to stand upright, not lie flat like a coffin, but still creepy.

(Edit: also, I had never heard of time out dolls, and I just looked that up. What. The. Heck. That is some creepy Blair Witch Project stuff right there.)

Last edited:
strange for a man who is supposed to be an architect. The architects I know dress very sharp, and are very aware of their looks and appearance this guy looks like a fake architect running a conn for the mob.
I mean something is very off about him.
Agree. I know a bunch of architects some well-off some not so much- they all have orderly and clean homes and care bout the way they present themselves.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason why people speculate that there are two different serial killers is because of the manner of death? The way the Gilgo Four were murdered and dumped were very different than the rest of the victims found in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024