Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Reading through the Bail Application makes plain that in the beginning the hairs were too badly degraded to be read in DNA. However, they were when resubmitted -- not the entire nuclear DNA but the MtDNA. My early guess is that this case might not have been solvable in 2010 but has had to wait for advances in technology to have the wealth of evidence they do now.

Relief that this guy has been caught but feeling angry that there doesn’t seem to be justice for shannan anytime soon. This entire case is tragic but it bothers me so much that Shannan set this whole chain of events off and yet nothing for her. I’ve said this before but it’s been bugging me all weekend. I’m also still upset her mom isn’t here to see the arrest.

I didn’t follow this case super close in the earlier days. Does anyone have suggestions for where I can read specifically about corruption/lack of investigation back then?

Eta deleted second question.

It’s my personal belief that Shannan wasn’t murdered.
Hi Otto!

How do you know convicted sex trafficker MP and Joseph Brewer (a man with "an appetite for paid sex" *article linked*), who allegedly hired a specific sex worker from farther away that would have to travel hours+ there and back that night when he could've called a girl to be over in no time..., truly genuinely wanted to help her? How the hell would we know that? These men are VERY sketchy, at best. The 911 call TO ME suggests that Shannan was drugged and MP was bringing a cattle to slaughter so to speak in some way or another, for money or to save his own butt or otherwise.

Listening to the 911 call, you hear others talk besides Shannan, and they do not give me the impression of being helpful kind men trying to assist her. That's my opinion of course.

Was her cellphone still on when she ran into the marsh? Was she still on the phone with 911? We've never heard the ending of this call.

Then there's this whole mess...

It makes more sense that something bad happened than just some "freak accident". Fascinating to me always, regardless of what caused her to tragically meet her end, is how police searching for her stumbled across all the others. Still don't personally think RH was involved now that we know RH but we shall see.

She either had a complete break or we take her call (that you linked above) for what she said. Namely, something happened in that house to make her fear she was in real danger and this is why she initially wouldn't leave the house to go outside when asked. Instead she called 911 and sounds like she was trying to conceal the fact that she did. She wanted 911 to come get her. She didn't care if she ended up in jail or not. Whatever was happening, she thought Pak was in on it even asking him if he set it up and set her up. She no longer trusted him and wouldn't get in the car with him. If this was nothing nefarious but her simply having some sort of break, why didn't one of them call 911 to get her out of there. They didn't want their own dirty laundry exposed, that's why. So either way you cut it, whether she was killed or if she unfortunately died as a result of running into the marsh, everyone there that night failed her. I have concerns about the end of that call being gone bc it seemed that dispatch was not disconnecting so whatever happened after, would have been recorded. MOO

BBM above
Basically agree with both

Apologies if you gleaned I was discussing moving someone moving out of the house?

I was merely pointing out that even though ths son now owned the house and the mother no longer lived there - many items could have initially belonged to the mother.
Yes, sorry I saw a post by you later and I did go back and edit to reflect that. I did think you were saying they might be simply moving stuff out for her bc she didn't live there anymore and wanted her belongings. That was my mistake. Apologies again.

Last edited:
I remember when everyone thought SCPD was responsible for the murders. Now seeing this, I wonder if they're still dirty in the case as in knowing who was responsible, etc.
I don't think anyone has counted anyone out, and I don't think they said they were responsible except for a time JB, but that they engaged to keep it quiet, not investigate, and remove the FBI because of their own misdeeds, IIRC. There are still 6 victims. MOO

Last edited:
Yeah, CS. I just know hawk's pov over the years and his info regarding Burke and Spota was on the money. I don't really know anything about CS but it sounds somewhat similar.

I'm anxiously waiting for Hawk to make an appearance since RH's arrest! RH used "Hawk" in some of his screenames/email addresses and I'm sure our Hawkshaw got a nice eye roll from that.

Massapequa or Massachusets? Still trying to figure out his connection to Manorville, NY where two of the torsos were found. I live around the corner from there, and always wondered about the connection.

Edited to add: I wonder if he knew Bitrolff

Massachusets..but only heard this through the later for Meagan..I am sure we will hear if this is a fact..I'm sure he knows more about RH than we do at this point..this guy was calling them in the weeks leading up to his arrest.
blows my mind..he's so childish and disgusting.
mOO

I am thinking about other houses, that in So. Carolina and in Las Vegas. There is a chance that at least one of them has been turned into Airbnb and looks much better than his Long Island house. BTW, he said he was handy, so I think the lack of interest in the family house indicates something (unhappy with the family situation and in denial? Distracted by something else?)

However, all his classmates said that he was definitely very smart. It seems that some of his clients got irritated with his perfectionism, but others, liked it and valued his expertise.

So, obviously he is not a stupid man. As such, he has to understand that a lot of bodies in one neighborhood sooner or later might converge on the perpetrator. Logically, if he hunts near his lair, he probably would move to one of other houses and hunt there.

Now, I don’t know where his So. Carolina house is. If it is Charlotte or a touristy place in the vicinity of Hilton head, he won’t stand out. If it is in more rural area, he’d probably not hunt there. Las Vegas and Reno are full of tourists and sex workers, so, quite possible.
I am from South Carolina Charlotte is in North Carolina

I'm aware, but the victims' lawyer/advocate has regularly stated he believes Shannan is a victim of LISK. He is a respectable and passionate man so I take his opinions and takes seriously.

Have you read all the transcripts of the depositions given to Ray regarding the night she died? It’s a must IMO, if you want to make an informed opinion on what you think happened to Shannan.

I've seen comments like this before. I'm not familiar with a lot of US media so, why is the NYPost considered "trash"?
It's a sensational tabloid that that cherry picks what they do and don't report. It is extremely biased and owned by a business magnate who is known to create and then fan flames that cause political discord for his own financial gain.

In a 2004 survey conducted by Pace University, the Post was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York, and the only news outlet to receive more responses calling it "not credible" than credible (44% not credible to 39% credible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21