Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the refresher. I'd like to think Dr. Baden's results would carry weight but I don't think Suffolk County ME changed anything regarding the cause or manner of death. Poor Shannon running for her life in such a state and never having a resolution for her family. Especially for Mari as she didn't live to see this day.
I feel Shannan was possibly one of RH’s victims. He spent time late at night in the area. Did she run to him in his truck for help while trying to escape? Was he possibly at the house she ran from - she expected one client - arrived - and there was another person there also? I listened to the released 911 tapes and they have haunted me since! Something was horrifically wrong! Some have asked why she didn’t run to Pak’s truck for help but is anyone sure it was in fact Pak’s truck? I keep thinking she ran and was picked up by RH due to Baden’s autopsy results.

Seriously, a show of support that these women mattered is probably what the families need. It's what all women need. Asian Doe included.
I often think about how they were initially treated as “less than” and it breaks my heart. Especially in the early days of the discovery. “Prostitutes” and “hookers” was tossed around like crazy. Those poor girls were daughters, mothers and sisters. I feel like I owe it to them to show up where they can’t, in support of them.

Interesting.

The accused Gilgo Beach serial killer operated right under the nose of Nassau County police, whose former academy trained countless cadets and housed elite investigative units for 15 years — two blocks from the suspect’s home.
#

Interesting.

The accused Gilgo Beach serial killer operated right under the nose of Nassau County police, whose former academy trained countless cadets and housed elite investigative units for 15 years — two blocks from the suspect’s home.
#
My ex-husband was an instructor at the police academy during this time. He literally just said this to me the other day. To think of all the times I’d meet him there for lunch or bring the kids up to see him, now knowing that monster was right there. Makes me feel sick.

Massapequa in general is known to be the police and firefighter Mecca. Brazen!

IMO, if you consider what women's hairstyles were when his wife was younger, whomever it is portrayed in the image that was removed reflects more like a hairstyle from year 2000+ time frame.
JMO It’s the eyebrows for me, as a makeup lover, the lady in the portrait has the arched, over plucked eyebrow style that was popular from the late ‘90s to not long before 2010. Yes, that style comes and goes, but paired with the hair, as you pointed out, it’s very much in style 2000 ish.

I remember watching a documentary about this year's ago, it always struck me how evil a so called human was calling and taunting the victims family.
He’s not human, he’s a monster who existed and fooled people by wearing a “human suit”. He knows he’s a deviant and I believe any “remorse” he is feeling is completely for show. A psychopathic brain looks different than a “normal” brain in a PET scan (the orbital cortex) This affects impulse control, ethics, morals. This man is literally dark behind the eyes. True evil.

The MA property with a trailer is supposedly in North Reading, according to this:

North Reading is northwest of Boston, while Bridgewater is southeast.
Thank you so much for that info! I was going crazy trying to find where I heard MA and nada out there on News.

Wasn't it Dr. Baden who performed the 2nd autopsy and found SG's hyoid bone fractured/injured?
From the article below:
Baden wrote that nearly all of Gilbert's recovered skeletal remains appeared normal but the "larynx was missing and only the body of the hyoid bone was found; the two greater horns of that neck bone were missing. These structures, the larynx and the hyoid bone, are often fractured during homicidal manual strangulation."

Thank you so much for that info! I was going crazy trying to find where I heard MA and nada out there on News.
It’s been confirmed that Rex EX wife owned this New Brunswick property after they separated and it has nothing to do with him. Also the MA hasn’t been confirmed these are rumors. The source they are going off of is a website called “muck rock” not a legitimate site.

“For Melissa's family, the arrest of a suspect almost 13 years after her body was discovered was particularly unnerving. This was because the suspect had taunted Melissa's family, using her own mobile phone to make calls to them in 2009.

Multiple calls were made soon after her disappearance, including one in which he admitted to killing her. The first calls were made July 16, July 19, and July 23 - just days after her disappearance.”

RH had his largest window when his wife went to Iceland from July 8, 2009 until August 18, 2009. Could he have kept MB alive in that house for a few days while taunting her family with these phone calls? I’m thinking this recent news that evidence of a victim possibly being killed in that home is actually a reality. LE is emptying that house!

Snipped for brevity, BIBM for emphasis.

I truly appreciate and respect your opinion in regards to Burke, but dang, not one person in RH’s family/work/social circle suspected him, so nothing would surprise me when it comes to Burke.
Oh Boy. Maybe not the Gigolo 4,but the others. Blocking the FBI investigation along with what was in the bag, and the the "Hot Shot" threat. Only one reason I can come up with to purposefully block an invention of multiple murders. He's not off my radar. MOO

Oh Boy. Maybe not the Gigolo 4,but the others. Blocking the FBI investigation along with what was in the bag, and the the "Hot Shot" threat. Only one reason I can come up with to purposefully block an invention of multiple murders. He's not off my radar. MOO
I have a lot of opinions about JB but I won’t lie, being a local makes me a little apprehensive about posting them in public forums. I trust no one in that circle.

That being said, I absolutely agree that he should not be off anyone’s radar

Does anyone remember hearing early on, in regards to out of state properties being searched, a Bridgewater, MA property with a trailer being mentioned? I think it may have been on NewsNation but I was bopping around to many different channels at the time and not sure. TIA
I remember a post here with a list of properties. One was in Mass and it said "trailer 4" or "trailer 1" but I can't remember which day it was posted; sorry!

There are a few things about the Theresa Fusco case that keep nagging me now that we know more about RH. TF went missing in 1984, this case is related to 1 other murder and 1 disappearance in the Lynbrook area but never formally connected to LISK. She was found dead naked (strangled by a ligature), raped, and near LIRR train tracks off an access road not far from where she was last seen. Three men were later convicted but then exonerated in 2003 after semen DNA proved they were not responsible.

Theresas mother received “prank phone calls'' after her disappearance. I could only find one article and it referenced her testimony when the 3 original suspects sued NY for wrongful conviction. Keep in mind this was 30+ years after TF was killed but here is what she said:

“The callers sounded like young people and gave useless tips about clothing that was found, or someone seeing something being thrown into Hempstead Lake”

“I got one sick call: ‘Help me mommy, I’m suffocating’”

Two things strike me. 1) Peaches torso was found only a few miles away from where TF was dumped at Hempstead State Park and 2) the disturbing prank call describing how she was killed. The article is unclear on when the calls were made, but it appears it was before the body was discovered a month later.

I know theres prob a lot of confirmation bias in this one but based on a strong DNA sample and RH’s propensity to call and antagonize his victims families I hope they will at least test his DNA for any connection to this case… if so that may open up a string of other Lynbrook based murders/disappearances from the 80s only 10-15 miles from RH’s home.

Last edited:
I am mystified that she agreed to meet up with him at all…
After the encounter the day before with her “ boyfriend” crashing into the house…
Maybe RH insisted that his house was the only place he felt safe. And that she “ owed” him.
He probably told her he's not even mad, or maybe threatened he could get her into a lot of trouble with the connections he has, working for the city, but if she went out with him it would be no harm, no foul.

"I vacillate between desperately wanting my niece and nephew’s life returned to its previous state, intact, without a father accused of being a serial killer to being pleased and secure in knowing that someone is in custody," Ellerup said. "My ego has great difficulty processing the idea that I looked Rex in the eye and was unable to discern any murderous intentions."

She added that her half-sister "is going through a uniquely difficult time."

Police say Rex Heuermann was an avid duck hunter who knew these waters well, and a duck hunter out in a boat here would attract little attention, even late at night.

me: did LE say he was an avid hunter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member