Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo it takes a lot of work to dismember bodies, a lot of physical strength, he was getting on a bit.
what age was he at the time? He's 59 now, a big strong man..
I doubt he would have lacked strength.
Also the stakes were higher, took more to achieve the same thrill factor.
Quite possible they were dismembered partially while still alive?
Possibly money to be made on dark web for gruesome killings and dismembering had he filmed it..

I don’t believe they are all his victims, however SKs do change their MO at times. Rifkin is one, for example.
Rifken didn’t change his Mo, he just changed his disposal methods. Never dumped in the same place and dismembered some. I agree it’s possible they all belong to RH but he wanted credit or he would t have called his latter victims families. The unidentified victims seem different to me. I’m

Possibly money to be made on dark web for gruesome killings and dismembering had he filmed it..

I think most of those victims would be late 90s early 2000's

Jmo it takes a lot of work to dismember bodies, a lot of physical strength, he was getting on a bit.
Also, dismembering is done for a number of reasons.

The dismembering at Gilgo and Manorville was done when it was still a pretty good way to prevent or delay victim identification. DNA science has now advanced to the point that it's not really necessarily worth the effort. Victim DNA is uploaded to databases that cross jurisdictional boundaries, and so putting someone's head and hands one place and legs another and torso somewhere else doesn't stop that connection from being made like it used to. Even without a face, you can get an ID if your victim's close kin opt in on GEDmatch. They don't need a fresh, intact body with dentals or fingerprints, they just need someone's auntie to spit in a tube and post it to a DNA company, from a kit she got from her kids for Christmas.

Of course, people still dismember for other reasons - gratification, or ease of transportation. Those will never go away. But if RH did dismember some victims, and if he did it for reasons other than hindering identification, the key would probably be, what was he driving? By the time the GB4 disappeared, or at least Amber, he had the Avalanche, which is amply large enough to transport a petite victim intact to the beach. Did he use to drive a smaller car?

MOO

Last edited:
Show you are a WSer without saying you're a WSers. LOL. I know it's not a laughing matter but....true-crime folk do have minds that work
I’m surprised he wasn’t cast as Johnathan Brewster

During one rehearsal, Heuermann — without telling anyone — added additional weights to the bottom of the pulley system that raised and lowered the stage curtains, the classmate recalled.

When she pulled on a lever to drop the curtains while holding onto a rope connected to the system, her 95-pound body suddenly went soaring toward the auditorium ceiling.

“I thought I was going to die,” she said.

She said Heuermann quickly helped her down and apologized.

But the former classmate said she thought the hulking, 6-foot-4 teen was “marking his domain” by making it hard for other students to handle the curtains under the additional weight.

“He had reweighted all of them so that only he could do it, or somebody strong could do it,” she said. “It created a dangerous situation.”
Sounds intentional to me, given that we know he has a pattern of making women feel uncomfortable (beyond inflicting pain on his murder victims).

His google searches show he likes to see pain. His phone calls to victim's family show he liked to inflict pain.

Women have come forward to say he made them uncomfortable.

I think he purposely created a situation backstage in high school that could hurt his female classmates AND exclude them from what he could do much better. He likes to be better.

I despise the ogre.

jmo

Interesting, what do you think about the others?
I’m torn with the others. The proximity of all the victims would make you logically think it is all one killer, however, I am trying to look at this from the angle of a SK and as someone who lives on Long Island (weird, I know lol ). Where can I dispose of a body that is not high traffic at night, dark, difficult to navigate, etc? Would more than one depraved mind come to the same conclusion as RH that Ocean Parkway is the best bet? I could see more than one person finding that to be ideal. But then my brain goes back to logic and thinks there is no way.

I forgot to add that I believe JB is also responsible for Peaches and Baby Doe due to the baby’s proximity to VM and also the dismembering of peaches and finding her body in different locations. I’m on the fence about Fire Island Doe. She may also be JB

Hey everyone,

At this time Shannan Gilbert is not included as being one of Heuermann's victims. It's fine to make mention of her or any of the other victims as possibly related but please don't flood the thread with extensive discussion of the specifics of those other cases.

There are numerous threads dedicated specifically to each of the victims, so if you wish to delve more deeply into one of those cases, just go to the top of this page and click on the parent forum called "Long Island Serial Killer".

Thanks !!

I’m torn with the others. The proximity of all the victims would make you logically think it is all one killer, however, I am trying to look at this from the angle of a SK and as someone who lives on Long Island (weird, I know lol ). Where can I dispose of a body that is not high traffic at night, dark, difficult to navigate, etc? Would more than one depraved mind come to the same conclusion as RH that Ocean Parkway is the best bet? I could see more than one person finding that to be ideal. But then my brain goes back to logic and thinks there is no way.

I forgot to add that I believe JB is also responsible for Peaches and Baby Doe due to the baby’s proximity to VM and also the dismembering of peaches and finding her body in different locations. I’m on the fence about Fire Island Doe. She may also be JB
I’m also from LI and have tried to look at it in the perspective of that stretch of dark, desolate land is a perfect dumping ground depending on the killers location. There are areas like it way out East, but it’s far and too risky. IMOO, I do believe that it is a possibility not every body found on Ocean Parkway is a victim of RH, simply for the fact that it’s “perfect” conditions to dump something or someone you wouldn’t want found. I wouldn’t be surprised either way, if that makes any sense.

I’d also like to add this: in regards to the body found in Lattingtown with the pig pendant on a beach….this is extremely close to the area I have spent my entire life in. It is very private, very isolated and unless you know the area well, you wouldn’t know it existed. That being said, is it too far fetched to wonder, if this case is related to RH, and that’s a BIG if, I wonder if he ever did work for clients on Long Island or networked with people that lived in that area that he met through his city connections and had visited their homes, therefore getting to know this area of LI a little bit.

Last edited:
I’m also from LI and have tried to look at it in the perspective of that stretch of dark, desolate land is a perfect dumping ground depending on the killers location. There are areas like it way out East, but it’s far and too risky. IMOO, I do believe that it is a possibility not every body found on Ocean Parkway is a victim of RH, simply for the fact that it’s “perfect” conditions to dump something or someone you wouldn’t want
Is it possible or likely that the dismembered people were killed on site?

I’m surprised he wasn’t cast as Johnathan Brewster

During one rehearsal, Heuermann — without telling anyone — added additional weights to the bottom of the pulley system that raised and lowered the stage curtains, the classmate recalled.

When she pulled on a lever to drop the curtains while holding onto a rope connected to the system, her 95-pound body suddenly went soaring toward the auditorium ceiling.

“I thought I was going to die,” she said.

She said Heuermann quickly helped her down and apologized.

But the former classmate said she thought the hulking, 6-foot-4 teen was “marking his domain” by making it hard for other students to handle the curtains under the additional weight.

“He had reweighted all of them so that only he could do it, or somebody strong could do it,” she said. “It created a dangerous situation.”
He may have wanted to make the pulley system difficult for others to operate, but- my best guess is that his first concern was to create an opportunity and excuse to handle a 95 lbs girl dangling from rope. imo, speculation.

Show you are a WSer without saying you're a WSers. LOL. I know it's not a laughing matter but....true-crime folk do have minds that work

Sounds intentional to me, given that we know he has a pattern of making women feel uncomfortable (beyond inflicting pain on his murder victims).

His google searches show he likes to see pain. His phone calls to victim's family show he liked to inflict pain.

Women have come forward to say he made them uncomfortable.

I think he purposely created a situation backstage in high school that could hurt his female classmates AND exclude them from what he could do much better. He likes to be better.

I despise the ogre.

jmo
Just as we thought of him: he began early.

Is it possible or likely that the dismembered people were killed on site?
To be blunt, dismemberment is messy, and takes a long time. The risk of discovery if you did it in the open would be extreme.

Also, I think most of the victims found around Gilgo and Manorville were found wrapped somehow. Plastic bags, plastic sheeting, and in the case of Peaches, her torso was found in a large Rubbermaid container.

I think it likely they were dismembered in an environment the killer could control and clean up (bathtubs are the scene of many dismemberments for good reasons) and the parts wrapped or packaged for transportation in a vehicle for disposal.

MOO

To be blunt, dismemberment is messy, and takes a long time. The risk of discovery if you did it in the open would be extreme.

Also, I think most of the victims found around Gilgo and Manorville were found wrapped somehow. Plastic bags, plastic sheeting, and in the case of Peaches, her torso was found in a large Rubbermaid container.

I think it likely they were dismembered in an environment the killer could control and clean up (bathtubs are the scene of many dismemberments for good reasons) and the parts wrapped or packaged for transportation in a vehicle for disposal.

MOO
True.
I was thinking in terms of it being a beach and easy to wash up afterwards but the bagging would make no sense.

I’m also from LI and have tried to look at it in the perspective of that stretch of dark, desolate land is a perfect dumping ground depending on the killers location. There are areas like it way out East, but it’s far and too risky. IMOO, I do believe that it is a possibility not every body found on Ocean Parkway is a victim of RH, simply for the fact that it’s “perfect” conditions to dump something or someone you wouldn’t want found. I wouldn’t be surprised either way, if that makes any sense.

I’d also like to add this: in regards to the body found in Lattingtown with the pig pendant on a beach….this is extremely close to the area I have spent my entire life in. It is very private, very isolated and unless you know the area well, you wouldn’t know it existed. That being said, is it too far fetched to wonder, if this case is related to RH, and that’s a BIG if, I wonder if he ever did work for clients on Long Island or networked with people that lived in that area that he met through his city connections and had visited their homes, therefore getting to know this area of LI a little bit.
That could be checked on tax records, possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth