Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking…How would he, alone, pour 2-3 feet thick concrete walls to encase the room ? and carry and install a heavy safe door? Yes. He is a huge monster. He was younger. But that seems like a big job.
If he did do it alone, then it surely implies that he'd make light work of carrying a 90lb woman from his car to the beach, or dismembering somebody. It implies great physical strength and stamina, and obviously not as the result of conventional physical activity, since I don't think there's been any suggestion he's ever been an athlete.

MOO

Just thinking…How would he, alone, pour 2-3 feet thick concrete walls to encase the room ? and carry and install a heavy safe door? Yes. He is a huge monster. He was younger. But that seems like a big job.
I think he hired someone to pour the concrete, rather than doing it himself. And someone had to haul the door to his home and put it in place. I think there was hired help for that too.

Wonder how he explained it to his wife? That sturdy of a gun room? Or was she away at the time and not realizing the extent of the project? And then she got a garden house on top, perhaps? Speculation only.

jmo

cement mixer and a lift/dolly with wheels.. all he'd have to lift would be the supports/frame. Not hard.
The vault door would be too heavy for one person and perhaps too heavy for his vehicle. I think he hired at least some help, even if to rent the mixer. But, of course, that is a complete guess and we really don't know the extent of this construction.

jmo

I think he hired someone to pour the concrete, rather than doing it himself. And someone had to haul the door to his home and put it in place. I think there was hired help for that too.

Wonder how he explained it to his wife? That sturdy of a gun room? Or was she away at the time and not realizing the extent of the project? And then she got a garden house on top, perhaps? Speculation only.

jmo
Right? How do you hide that?
I can’t see him allowing someone in to his home to build that. But there is no way he built that alone. It would have to have been while family was traveling (summer months) and IMO that home does not have central air (window unit in photos). With the heat and humidity, the small house and huge ogre. I can’t imagine.

Looks to be under where the deck was and then some. In front of the creepy green shed, as well.
Are there two green sheds? I'm looking at the drone photos, and there seems to be one attached to the side of the house, but one in the yard, too. I think I'd thought they were one and the same and it was skewing my understanding of where things were in relation to each other.

MOO

Are there two green sheds? I'm looking at the drone photos, and there seems to be one attached to the side of the house, but one in the yard, too. I think I'd thought they were one and the same and it was skewing my understanding of where things were in relation to each other.

MOO
I believe there is one. To the left of the basement entrance.

Attachments

• IMG_8167.jpeg
    IMG_8167.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 42
I believe there is one. To the left of the basement entrance.
But that doesn't explain this image, where you can see the roof line on the left of the picture, and a green shed with the door open on the right.

I think there must be two.

(Link below for the main article)

But that doesn't explain this image, where you can see the roof line on the left of the picture, and a green shed with the door open on the right.

This picture of them taking photos of the wood is scary. I wonder if there is an indication of someone trying to get out, like fingernail marks or blood on them. It appears that they are collecting a plethora of samples there.

I think there are two as well. Perhaps a his and hers. I still want to think the wife had a garden to spend time and perhaps one shed was for her stuff. Speculation and daydreaming only.

jmo

Definitely two, that area in the pic you linked with the railings? That's where all the pot plants are stacked, now. We can just see the air conditioning unit sticking out from under the roof line above it, with all the plywood stacked above and in front of it.

Two green sheds, one attached to the back corner of the house, one diagonally across the yard from it against the back fence, hidden in most shots by the tree canopy.

Last edited:
Right? How do you hide that?
I can’t see him allowing someone in to his home to build that. But there is no way he built that alone. It would have to have been while family was traveling (summer months) and IMO that home does not have central air (window unit in photos). With the heat and humidity, the small house and huge ogre. I can’t imagine.
I think at minimum he might have hired off-the-books dayworkers, if not some rental equipment too.

So many details to keep track of. I hope the investigative team has expert database people (I'm sure they do) to organize all this.

jmo

You are right.
I was just posting the Daily Mail in reply to you, because you may have thought only the New York Post that is reporting the soundproof room.
Gotcha! Sadly, they will all start reporting that now even though they haven't verified. What a day we live in.

My understanding is that the 12' x 15' room in his basement is sound proof.

The interior designer who worked with him in 2009 said he would not allow her into the room, something about storing guns.

After scanning the back yard, and excavator lifted the first 1-2 feet of dirt, and someone was in the hole with a shovel. It's hard to tell what they found, but I assume they found something since they all had a look and then stopped digging.
OT, but I see you are a verified expert. Just curious what area you specialize in. This has nothing to do with your post, and I am in no way being snarky. I would just like to know for future reference in all cases.. Thanks :)

I think at minimum he might have hired off-the-books dayworkers, if not some rental equipment too.

So many details to keep track of. I hope the investigative team has expert database people (I'm sure they do) to organize all this.

jmo
I’m still not sold on the soundproof, 2-3 foot thick cement walled, vaulted door room. If we see a masonry truck parked out front, that would be telling.
Otherwise, I’ll wait for LE to announce.
(I’ll swing by later and report back).

jmo
The first thing I thought of when I saw mention of the concrete was a ‘safe room’, at least thats what we call them here. When the EF5+ tornadoes blasted and demolished almost my entire city, homes were rebuilt including a safe room instead of the old storm cellars we’ve got to run to. Still, they’re building them into the home but also building one underground.

The vault door would be too heavy for one person and perhaps too heavy for his vehicle. I think he hired at least some help, even if to rent the mixer. But, of course, that is a complete guess and we really don't know the extent of this construction.

jmo
what weight do you imagine it is?

From the article "Weeks stopped working for Heuermann in June 2022 after he shortchanged him $5."

I thought RH was greedy. I don't know how it will work against him in the investigation, but i hope it will.

If indeed there is a soundproof room, I am halfway expecting an underground passageway leading from it. Also, it is interesting whether he kept his guns in that room.
I suspect it already has. Instead of buying new tape to use on the victims and keeping it clean and bagged, he seems to have used tape from around the house that had hairs from his wife and maybe other "stuff" lint, etc. stuck to it. It'll be interesting what they discover from the house actually on the victims.

what weight do you imagine it is?
I have no idea, but I do know of buildings in the city that used to be banks (or another entity with big vaults) and the vault doors are so heavy that the new business in the building just kept them in place.

Of course, I have no idea if RH does have a vault door and if he does, I have no idea what the size is. But, if he salvaged a door from a building site, I can imagine it would be super heavy.

jmo

RH was an architect and knew about building codes.
Was there a local building code that he would have had to deal with to do this construction/addition to his older home?
Would there be zoning requirements or paperwork to be filed?
I am wondering if there is a paper trail with the local government.
Surely LE would know to check this aspect.
In my area all building additions/ construction has to be approved locally - Permits, especially major digging.

Or, would this not be considered an addition? Not something local zoning would be concerned with overseeing?

I guess my point is LE , through local government, should have some idea as to what alterations he made to his property.
But it doesn’t seem as though they do have this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper