Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail

It is still just hearsay. A neighbor says a cop told him…

Again, it may be true. It may not be. Until I hear it come from an official’s mouth, it’s just sensationalism to me. Moo

Aside from his 1st wedding photo, has anyone seen any images of Rex from the 90's?

Also, does anyone know what vehicles he owned pre- the 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche, the Jeep, or the Ford Expedition shown on the 2007 Google Street view? Like what he owned/drove in the 90's?

Okay so the rest of the victims were more fitting with Joel Rifkin's killings. Robert shulman took arms to hinder identification, Bitrolff no dismemberment. Rifkin was arrested in 1993, schulman 1996 and Bitrolff in 2014.

We know Huermann was interested in Bitrolff because of the Google search.

Cherries - was found in 2007 stabbed and dismembered.

Peaches in 1997 - haven't found a cause of death for her, but was dismembered.

Baby doe _ found 2011, no cause of death.

Valerie Mack - last seen 2000, left foot not found with the rest of the remains. (I'm sure I read that Bitrolff took left foot and shoe. But I can't be sure)

Jessica Taylor - found in 2003,

Doe known as Asian Male - between 1996-2001, found complete, described as having met a violent death, this doe I think could be related to Huermann.

Fire island Jane doe - discovered 1996- same dismemberment as the others.

Manorville John Doe - complete, found in 2000 traumatic injuries.

Lattingtown Jane Doe - discovered 2013 in a bag. Signs of trauma.

We know Huermann googled Bitrolff I wonder If he also googled Rifkin and Shulmann. I've heard one of the serial killer experts who co authored a book with BTK say that he is a coward, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he had an unhealthy interest in the other LISK's
On Peaches' main wikipedia page, her cause of death is listed as 'homicide, due to decapitation', so perhaps there was a vital response at the neck site that showed she was living when the cuts there were made.

On The Killing Season, they discuss Asian Doe's injuries as being multiple blunt force traumas to the head. I assume they've got information that led them to that conclusion.

Where did you see that Lattingtown Doe was in a bag? I've only seen that she was wrapped in a kind of material, the type of which has not disclosed by the police.

MOO

Again, it may be true. It may not be. Until I hear it come from an official’s mouth, it’s just sensationalism to me. Moo
My understanding is that the 12' x 15' room in his basement is sound proof.

The interior designer who worked with him in 2009 said he would not allow her into the room, something about storing guns.

After scanning the back yard, and excavator lifted the first 1-2 feet of dirt, and someone was in the hole with a shovel. It's hard to tell what they found, but I assume they found something since they all had a look and then stopped digging.

My understanding is that the 12' x 15' room in his basement is sound proof.

The interior designer who worked with him in 2009 said he would not allow her into the room, something about storing guns.

After scanning the back yard, and excavator lifted the first 1-2 feet of dirt, and someone was in the hole with a shovel. It's hard to tell what they found, but I assume they found something since they all had a look and then stopped
On Peaches' main wikipedia page, her cause of death is listed as 'homicide, due to decapitation', so perhaps there was a vital response at the neck site that showed she was living when the cuts there were made.

On The Killing Season, they discuss Asian Doe's injuries as being multiple blunt force traumas to the head. I assume they've got information that led them to that conclusion.

Where did you see that Lattingtown Doe was in a bag? I've only seen that she was wrapped in a kind of material, the type of which has not disclosed by the police.

MOO
I believe you posted a link to Lattingtown Doe’s thread just a few days ago, it’s mentioned many times there that she was found in a bag.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to include Ottos post on this

I thought exactly the same thing. Then I got to considering the condition of MBB's body. Does it look anything like it's by an experienced killer?
How long was she missing when she was found? Maureen Brainard-Barnes. Is there an autopsy report online?

The 4 Gilgo Beach bodies are connected by camouflage burlap. The 4 Atlantic City bodies are connected by having similar circumstances to each other.

I think it's quite likely that he murdered before the Gilgo Beach bodies, and that he continued murdering after the bodies were found around 2010. I wonder whether, over time, he became more confident about hunting victims and leaving bodies closer to home. His first victims might have been 20-30 miles away.

It has been 12-13 years since the Gilgo Beach bodies were found, but I don't think he stopped murdering in 2011 - especially since the investigation was a mess.

He reminds me of John Gacy, who ran out of places to put bodies after he filled the crawl space under his house. If Gacy almost got caught but didn't, where would he put the bodies? Farther away? How far? Not a storage unit - too easy.

10 miles away? In water rather than on the beach? ... curious about the mind of the serial killer who got away with it for up to 30 years, almost got caught, then had another 12 years to do it again. How would he modify his strategy.

One burner phone per victim strikes me as reacting to almost getting caught by cell data. Hueurmann had one burner phone for each Gilgo Beach victim. That alone seems sophisticated in the task of torture murder.

You are right.
I was just posting the Daily Mail in reply to you, because you may have thought only the New York Post that is reporting the soundproof room.

I believe you posted a link to Lattingtown Doe’s thread just a few days ago, it’s mentioned many times there that she was found in a bag.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to include Ottos post on this
Ok, cool, I see that now. <3

I'm not up to date on the individual threads, yet, because there are so many of them. Reading now.

How long was she missing when she was found? Maureen Brainard-Barnes. Is there an autopsy report online?

The 4 Gilgo Beach bodies are connected by camouflage burlap. The 4 Atlantic City bodies are connected by having similar circumstances to each other.

I think it's quite likely that he murdered before the Gilgo Beach bodies, and that he continued murdering after the bodies were found around 2010. I wonder whether, over time, he became more confident about hunting victims and leaving bodies closer to home. His first victims might have been 20-30 miles away.

It has been 12-13 years since the Gilgo Beach bodies were found, but I don't think he stopped murdering in 2011 - especially since the investigation was a mess.

He reminds me of John Gacy, who ran out of places to put bodies after he filled the crawl space under his house. If Gacy almost got caught but didn't, where would he put the bodies? Farther away? How far? Not a storage unit - too easy.

10 miles away? In water rather than on the beach? ... curious about the mind of the serial killer who got away with it for up to 30 years, almost got caught, then had another 12 years to do it again. How would he modify his strategy.

One burner phone per victim strikes me as reacting to almost getting caught by cell data. Hueurmann had one burner phone for each Gilgo Beach victim. That alone seems sophisticated in the task of torture murder.

Back in the day I guess he felt safe using burner phones that couldn't be traced to him. Guess he didn't realise that cell tracking gps etc were linking his own phone with the burners, ie taking same routes and being in exactly same locations. Burn!

Hi, MBB was missing from July 2007 to December 2010. I don't know about an autopsy report, but probably. My info is taken from the bail application for Heuermann.

What looks "first timer" to me is the killer using belts - at the head, the chest/waist area and feet / ankles. At least one belt had a monogram! Plus MBB was wrapped in plastic, NOT in a camo burlap (bag).

The fact that the other three were restrained with tape at the same three locations, then wrapped or bagged in camo burlap makes me question the experience of the killer. Once he knew the need for restraint material, he decided on what would work best, then provided it at the kill site and used the same material three times. Once he knew where the bodies would be hidden he provided not just burlap, but camo burlap specifically to blend with the background.

There were hairs caught in the belt(s) on MBB, but there were also hairs in the tape on the others, so that appears to be about the same.

I think the four were killed by the same man. But for the first in the series -- does he appear to be an experienced killer?

You see, from his age, I would have expected Heuermann to have been very experienced at 43, the age he was when MBB was killed. I've thought this was a grouping from a prolific career of killing. Joel Rifkin, when interviewed about Heuermann said to look for groups of four that he himself had groups of three.

Now, though, after considering this, I'm completely unsure about when Heuermann may have started killing.

You wrote: "One burner phone per victim strikes me as reacting to almost getting caught by cell data. Heuermann had one burner phone for each Gilgo Beach victim. That alone seems sophisticated in the task of torture murder."

It does, doesn't it. But Heuermann is sloppy. When arrested he had a burner phone on him with some very incriminating searches and had even done selfies for his "dating" profiles on the burner phone. At one point, early on, he checked messages for either one of the victims' voicemail accounts or something equally incriminating from his personal cell phone and not the burner.

I'm just really, really curious why MBB was wrapped with belts and plastic, seemingly whatever was on hand, IF her killer had any experience at all? And why come up with tape and camo burlap for the next 3?

I can't make it make sense.

Ok, cool, I see that now. <3

I'm not up to date on the individual threads, yet, because there are so many of them. Reading now.
Looks like her NamUs specifies it was a garbage bag, too.

I had hopes that perhaps she was in a burlap sack, connecting her to the GB4, and the investigators were keeping it quiet.

Ah, well. I think there's a possibility she's still connected, but I'm less convinced she is now.

MOO

Hi, MBB was missing from July 2007 to December 2010. I don't know about an autopsy report, but probably. My info is taken from the bail application for Heuermann.

What looks "first timer" to me is the killer using belts - at the head, the chest/waist area and feet / ankles. At least one belt had a monogram! Plus MBB was wrapped in plastic, NOT in a camo burlap (bag).

The fact that the other three were restrained with tape at the same three locations, then wrapped or bagged in camo burlap makes me question the experience of the killer. Once he knew the need for restraint material, he decided on what would work best, then provided it at the kill site and used the same material three times. Once he knew where the bodies would be hidden he provided not just burlap, but camo burlap specifically to blend with the background.

There were hairs caught in the belt(s) on MBB, but there were also hairs in the tape on the others, so that appears to be about the same.

I think the four were killed by the same man. But for the first in the series -- does he appear to be an experienced killer?

You see, from his age, I would have expected Heuermann to have been very experienced at 43, the age he was when MBB was killed. I've thought this was a grouping from a prolific career of killing. Joel Rifkin, when interviewed about Heuermann said to look for groups of four that he himself had groups of three.

Now, though, after considering this, I'm completely unsure about when Heuermann may have started killing.

You wrote: "One burner phone per victim strikes me as reacting to almost getting caught by cell data. Heuermann had one burner phone for each Gilgo Beach victim. That alone seems sophisticated in the task of torture murder."

It does, doesn't it. But Heuermann is sloppy. When arrested he had a burner phone on him with some very incriminating searches and had even done selfies for his "dating" profiles on the burner phone. At one point, early on, he checked messages for either one of the victims' voicemail accounts or something equally incriminating from his personal cell phone and not the burner.

I'm just really, really curious why MBB was wrapped with belts and plastic, seemingly whatever was on hand, IF her killer had any experience at all? And why come up with tape and camo burlap for the next 3?

Because you’re right, he realizes after he dumps MBB that he could “do better” and begins to use duck blind burlap, which is nearly identical to the ocean parkway thicket. This also leads me to believe while she may not be his first victim, she is his first victim he dumped there.

BBM. I agree with you. RH reminds me of BTK and there was much written about him after his arrest in 2005.

JMO

Here is the link to the video I posted above. I couldn’t edit for some reason

From the article "Weeks stopped working for Heuermann in June 2022 after he shortchanged him $5."

I thought RH was greedy. I don't know how it will work against him in the investigation, but i hope it will.

If indeed there is a soundproof room, I am halfway expecting an underground passageway leading from it. Also, it is interesting whether he kept his guns in that room.

In court, DA Tierney said:
He said Heuermann used seven burner phones to make more than 200 searches about the Gilgo Beach investigation and family members of the victims.

Since we are discussing that RH had a separate burner phone for each victim, does that indicate that there might be 7 victims? Was he using the "victim" burner phones to also do searches or did he have burner phones for searches that were separate from his "victim" phones?

MOO.

Note: quote from:

Just some thoughts...
Maybe RH was in the process of killing Maureen in the basement, when the vacationing wife calls and says I'm coming home tomorrow...meet me at the airport.
Now learning he has less time to finish up his business with the body, he chooses a quickie method, using a simple plastic garbage bag, and less elaborate burial.

He seemed to enjoy the interview he did with the Frenchman. I wonder if he will spill it all and do interviews with the media lile the sicko ridgeway.

I think he was willing to do the interview when asked since it sounds like it is a local community kind of show/podcast, and there may have been times in the interview when he was more engaged than others, but overall I thought RH looked like the whole thing was an imposition. JMO from watching the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper