Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have somehow missed out in these developments.
Im surprised at all the evidence they seem to have. And why is his his wife’s dna there? Sorry … just if anyone has the time. No demands, lol.

I believe his wife shed hair that then was transferred from place to place. Car upholstery, duct tape, you name it.

"The Long Island man whose tip proved key to nailing Gilgo Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann wants to know why it took police more than a decade to follow up on his lead."

AD_cMMRB1ngwFMmKV0rfhobOhrdfYB5M-CGkXF84n4kd7YXYDg=s72-p

LISK, Missing, Murdered and Unidentified and Cold Cases
Catch_LISK

Verified and possible LISK victims and missing persons, POI's and associated civilians. Google Maps.

"The Long Island man whose tip proved key to nailing Gilgo Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann wants to know why it took police more than a decade to follow up on his lead."

FYI: You can get a glimpse of the inside of the garage at the link. It is full of stuff and couldn't be used to park a vehicle from what I can tell. Not a converted man cave either, but looks like a place to stash stuff on top of stuff.

jmo

Cops have reportedly found a soundproof room in the basement of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann’s home where they believe at least one woman may have been killed — and brought in cadaver dogs, a backhoe and ground-penetrating radar to try to locate possible bodies and “trophies” in his back yard.

[...]

He’s got a soundproof room in his basement,” Musto said he was told by cops at the scene. “What do you think that was for?

They’re saying there’s evidence he killed at least one of the girls down there,” the Long Island neighbor said. “The cops are going to dig all that out. Said they’re focused on the soundproof room in the basement but they’re going to look at everything.”
Question, what needs to be done if items are encased in poured concrete in that vault?

Okay so the rest of the victims were more fitting with Joel Rifkin's killings. Robert shulman took arms to hinder identification, Bitrolff no dismemberment. Rifkin was arrested in 1993, schulman 1996 and Bitrolff in 2014.

We know Huermann was interested in Bitrolff because of the Google search.

Cherries - was found in 2007 stabbed and dismembered.

Peaches in 1997 - haven't found a cause of death for her, but was dismembered.

Baby doe _ found 2011, no cause of death.

Valerie Mack - last seen 2000, left foot not found with the rest of the remains. (I'm sure I read that Bitrolff took left foot and shoe. But I can't be sure)

Jessica Taylor - found in 2003,

Doe known as Asian Male - between 1996-2001, found complete, described as having met a violent death, this doe I think could be related to Huermann.

Fire island Jane doe - discovered 1996- same dismemberment as the others.

Manorville John Doe - complete, found in 2000 traumatic injuries.

Lattingtown Jane Doe - discovered 2013 in a bag. Signs of trauma.

We know Huermann googled Bitrolff I wonder If he also googled Rifkin and Shulmann. I've heard one of the serial killer experts who co authored a book with BTK say that he is a coward, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he had an unhealthy interest in the other LISK's

Maybe O/T but one interesting thing about BTK is that there was no evidence that he physically (uhmm... himself) penetrated any of his victims, however, semen was found near some victims. I wonder how many other sexual sadist killers have this "performance" problem. *Sorry, I'm not trying to be humorous but I'm having trouble with vocabulary. I mean, I know the words but I'm not sure if I can use them here. ;)

Maybe he would have been more believable if he had reported her missing. I don't trust that he told police WHEN he said he did and I don't like that he knew all these facts and protected his own behind instead of going to the authorities. NOW he's blaming others. He's no hero.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned in a previous thread but does anybody have a way of watching the killing season marathon in the UK please? It won't play on YT due to region issues

Here is the link to the video I posted above. I couldn’t edit for some reason
I've been thinking that the garden in the backyard was his wife's project, hoping it was a happy place for her to spend time. Now I wonder if he "gifted" her with the garden space, patio area - she thought it was something nice he did but when really he was hiding evidence of crimes?

I imagine he was "nice" about her going on vacations - "Sure, take as long as you like in Iceland!" - when it was anything but nice.

jmo

Last edited:
This discussion has caused me to explore the possibility that RH is responsible for only the 4. Because of his age - 43 in 2007 when MBB was killed - I have been convinced he had many more kills before and afterward. But what if he did not and she was the first?

MBB was restrained with BELTS and wrapped in plastic. BELTS - one monogrammed. One with a hair caught in the buckle.

Why would an experienced killer not be prepared for resistance from the victim and have implements ready?

Maybe he had not even planned the murder, but things took a turn and he grabbed and scrambled for just anything in reach to tie her down?

Now, I don't understand anyone leaving the belts once she was past resistance, but perhaps he wasn't thinking as well as usual. So, he found plastic, wrapped her and loaded her into the vehicle. Imagine driving around with a body in the vehicle and no plans with what to do. No telling how long it took for him to decide on a good place.

Don't you think he sweated out the next couple of years, waiting for the body to be discovered?

However, in 2009, two years later as the anniversary for MBB rolled around, his family was planning a long visit to Iceland and he had a plan. It was almost the exact anniversary of the killing of MBB when Barthelemy vanished and the taunting phone calls began. I wonder if having the exact anniversary available contributed to the events. According to the Bail Application, her phone was used after she vanished and while RH's family was away, then not used while he joined his family in Iceland, but again used the day after he returned to the States. Barthelemy was the first restrained with tape and hidden in camo burlap to blend with the dumping ground. So location pre-planned.

The next year, RH's family planned a June trip and he planned to indulge his hobby, a few days earlier, but still close enough. Again tape and camo burlap.

In early September, same year, was the incident with Costello, and the wife was in New Jersey Aug. 28-Sept. 5, 2010. Again tape and camo burlap. So prepared.

Then Shannan Gilbert happened in December and his crimes were discovered. Has he managed to just sit tight and hope all these years since, feeling compelled to occasionally discuss the case? Were there only 4 for him and a late starting age of 43, OR did he begin killing as a much younger man with his victims better hidden? If so, why?

Referring to that silly saying - you don't know what you don't know...

This arrest and the amount of evidence and timing etc has been released because it relates to the few kills he's been charged with

What we don't know is RH's movements every day of his life outside of the time he was first identified by LE as a suspect

He's had 40+ years, properties in several States, presumably he took vacations or attended conferences and from what's been seen of the way he viewed his family, guessing he had free rein to go wherever...

I just wince a bit when people refer to his 'downtime or cooling off' or that he started with the GB4 then stopped!

We know how many, many unsolved murders there are, especially SWs plus those who've never been found...or yet to be discovered

It's my belief these charges are tip of iceburg. He had a place in LV so Nevada is where (I think) one of the locations more will be found

But hey...we don't know yet because we literally don't know RH's movements over 40+ years

I've been thinking that the garden in the backyard was his wife's project, hoping it was a happy place for her to spend time. Now I wonder if he "gifted" her with the garden space, patio area - she thought it was something nice he did but when really he was hiding evidence of crimes?

I imagine he was "nice" about her going on vacations - "Sure, take as long as you like in Iceland!" - when it was anything but nice.

jmo
This poor woman.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned in a previous thread but does anybody have a way of watching the killing season marathon in the UK please? It won't play on YT due to region issues
Do you have Apple TV? You might have to pay. Idk I’ll keep looking
eta* It’s on Hulu. Can you get that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads