Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article confirmed that those in LE have long believed.

what do you believe is RH’s signature? MO does evolve but the signature is always present. I believe his signature was in his posing and disposal of the remains. There was nothing else that’s has been released anyway that is unique. I also believe this is why they have yet to link him to the non-gb4. If they had any evidence, he’d be charged or he will be soon. We will see.
Have to disagree re signature, it's not always present.

Over time, serial murderers may extend their activities outside of their comfort zone but only after building their confidence by executing several successful murders while avoiding detection by law enforcement authorities.

I don't believe it's well known or accepted, actually.

Really? I am surprised by this.

<modsnip>

On one hand, Heuermann appears to be operating off of some serial killer textbook and seems like he should be reliably predictable. On the other hand, he's been operating as an active serial killer in one of the most densely populated and geographically restricted areas in the entire country. He might have been forced to change his MO because of the risk. This would make it hard for anyone - expert or not - to read into.

Bundy changed his MO because breaking and entering got a little too risky for his tastes.
Look up Carl Eugene Watts - that guys MO was all over the place.

IMO this might be another one of those times that Long Island as a unique physical location plays heavily into RH's story.

Last edited by a moderator:
FEAR once the bodies were discovered and the case interested people around the world. He knew what the stakes were if he were caught and this is a cowardly man.
He was still contacting sWs though..
that is too close to the fire he would want to avoid if fear was his motivating factor.
I think a change in MO would be a more reasonable diversion...

On one hand, Heuermann appears to be operating off of some serial killer textbook and seems like he should be reliably predictable. On the other hand, he's been operating as an active serial killer in one of the most densely populated and geographically restricted areas in the entire country. He might have been forced to change his MO because of the risk. This would make it hard for anyone - expert or not - to read into.

Bundy changed his MO because breaking and entering got a little too risky for his tastes.
Look up Carl Eugene Watts - that guys MO was all over the place.

IMO this might be another one of those times that Long Island as a unique physical location plays heavily into RH's story.
I’m not so hung up on the change of MO, that definitely happens. I also don’t think that the GB4 are his only victims. I do believe the GB4 are his only victims in that location. But, as you said, changing up MO’s can definitely make it difficult to figure out who is responsible for who and what. I truly hope RH talks. I would love for the UID to be identified. :(

I’m not so hung up on the change of MO, that definitely happens. I also don’t think that the GB4 are his only victims. I do believe the GB4 are his only victims in that location. But, as you said, changing up MO’s can definitely make it difficult to figure out who is responsible for who and what. I truly hope RH talks.
Yeah, I also can't see the GB4 being his only. If they are able to link the AC4 to Heuermann I won't be shocked. As for the others found along Ocean Parkway... one minute I absolutely believe it was RH and the next, I question that. It feels both logical and illogical to think he might be responsible for all of them.

Edited to add: I'm not including SG.

Yeah, I also can't see the GB4 being his only. If they are able to link the AC4 to Heuermann I won't be shocked. As for the others found along Ocean Parkway... one minute I absolutely believe it was RH and the next, I question that. It feels both logical and illogical to think he might be responsible for all of them.
Yup. This is me too. I am certain one day that he’s the only one and then the next day I am dead set that Bittrolff is responsible for the other victims. Lol I drive myself crazy.

<modsnip>

Edited: I also am not including SG as I don’t believe RH is involved with her.

what do you believe is RH’s signature? MO does evolve but the signature is always present. I believe his signature was in his posing and disposal of the remains. There was nothing else that’s has been released anyway that is unique. I also believe this is why they have yet to link him to the non-gb4. If they had any evidence, he’d be charged or he will be soon. We will see.
Signature is what he needs to do. We do not know what signature was found (if any) in the 1996-2003 cases. The FBI had access to that info and they concluded that it was the same killer. But you can't charge someone based on signature or "odds". It's very possible that they do not have enough evidence to charge him with the earlier murders. Remember that Ridgway was originally indicted for four murders. Samuel Little was a similar story. Bundy was only charged with a subset of his killings as well.

Yup. This is me too. I am certain one day that he’s the only one and then the next day I am dead set that Bittrolff is responsible for the other victims. Lol I drive myself crazy.

<modsnip>

Edited: I also am not including SG as I don’t believe RH is involved with her.

I'm with you there too I flip flop backwards and forwards myself. I need to look into John Bitlroff to be honest and what was found at his house

IMO signatures can also evolve over time BUT they will likely stay in a very similar vein...for example, if a killer starts out cutting the clothes of his victims he may evolve to also cutting later victims' hair. The cutting part of the signature, the core psychological need if you will, stayed the same while the fantasy slightly evolved over time. For RH, I believe the binding of the victims with belts and tape was a major part of his signature. As for many serial and also child killers (who are usually very similar to serial killers even if there is only one murder in their sequence), the bindings are not utilitarian but part of the fantasy. All my own opinions however.

I'm with you there too I flip flop backwards and forwards myself. I need to look into John Bitlroff to be honest and what was found at his house
Here is some info on him

Signature is what he needs to do. We do not know what signature was found (if any) in the 1996-2003 cases. The FBI had access to that info and they concluded that it was the same killer. But you can't charge someone based on signature or "odds". It's very possible that they do not have enough evidence to charge him with the earlier murders. Remember that Ridgway was originally indicted for four murders. Samuel Little was a similar story. Bundy was only charged with a subset of his killings as well.
Could you provide a link that shows the FBI concluded that all of the murders were the work of one killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98