Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we all practice escapism in some form. That's not a bad thing at all. Other words that don't sound like personal failings: hobbies, interests, past-times, avocations.

I do think the wife is an interesting character and I do hope she's given the space to reveal her story in her own way, at her own pace...or to never say a word. Up to her. But the public interest is understandable, imo.

jmo

public interest is one thing.
Bullying is quite another.

I believe that many of us are on WS as our outlet, imagine if one of us were married to a serial killer - surely wouldn't want anyone delving into my computer searches and web posts!

"They were sex workers, and they were disappeared," he said. "And they were found out in the desert."
The women disappeared between 2003 and 2006. Property records obtained by the Turn to Tara team show Heuermann bought a time share in Las Vegas in 2004 at Wyndham Vacation Resorts. He later sold it for $51,000 in 2013. Public documents also show he still owns another time share at Club Soleil, a few miles off the strip. That was purchased on April 23, 2005.

Phil Ramos is a three-decade veteran of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. Ramos says Heuermann is being investigated for "possible ties" to a string of unsolved murders that he investigated as a cold case detective until his retirement two months ago.
"I can just say that they're similar circumstances between these three murder victims," Ramos told News 12.

I'm only seeing one case matching these descriptions on the Las Vegas unsolved homicide website.

I believe that many of us are on WS as our outlet, imagine if one of us were married to a serial killer - surely wouldn't want anyone delving into my computer searches and web posts!
You said what I've been thinking, lol!

Yesterday my spouse was talking about AC as in air conditioning, and I wasn't following the conversation because I was thinking AC as in Atlantic City and my mind went to serial killers. WS can be an awkward outlet at times. ;)

jmo

“We don’t believe that the sex workers killed in Atlantic City are connected to Rex Heuermann,” Harrison told The Post, adding cops in Atlantic County think someone else was behind the seaside slaughter.

So, do you read that as though the AC LE probably knows who just does not YET have the evidence that will convict?

I'm not surprised, but mainly because I don't think there's much similar about the killings except meticulous disposal, and those disposals are very different to each other. I think the AC killer is out there, but he's not RH, and to find him, they're going to have to look at other killings more similar to what we see in AC. That postmortem positioning is very unique.

MOO

You know, as I never studied these killings, I initially assumed that their heads were turned so that they’d be looking East, so to say. But now I understand that it was body orientation, heads - E, legs - W? They were not “facing” East, they were facing ground. I am not even sure if he knew it was E. A convenient ditch and maybe, some sense of symmetry?

You know, as I never studied these killings, I initially assumed that their heads were turned so that they’d be looking East, so to say. But now I understand that it was body orientation, heads - E, legs - W? They were not “facing” East, they were facing ground. I am not even sure if he knew it was E. A convenient ditch and maybe, some sense of symmetry?
I've been assuming it was simply ease of carrying the bodies from the vehicle to the ditch. They ended up in that orientation simply because of convenience rather than some deep meaning. jmo

"On behalf of my family and especially my elderly neighbors, who have also had their lives turned upside down by the enormous police presence, in addition to the spectators, and news crews. They deserve to live peacefully; they should be able to walk their dogs and go to the grocery stores without cameras shoved in their faces," the statement read. "I am pleading with you all to give us space so that we may regain some normalcy in our neighborhood."

What a lovely lady. At a time like this she shows consideration for her elderly neighbours.
that says everything about her.
I do hope sincerely her kindness is returned.
So many claim to be disgusted by the focus on the family and still watch the videos. We all need to resist clicking. The reason the media is doing it is there's money to be made. It is tragic.

Wondering if the perps preferred method of restraining the victims inadvertently causes each of their bodies to be in similar positions PM?
This thought came to me after a quick (all i could stand) varied pics of bondage in the wiki link posted upthread.

Could it even be a practical matter like forcing victims to look in an easternly direction to best be captured by recording equipment, or chillingly, a mirror to force them to watch.
complete speculation, imo.

Wondering if the perps preferred method of restraining the victims inadvertently causes each of their bodies to be in similar positions PM?
This thought came to me after a quick (all i could stand) varied pics of bondage in the wiki link posted upthread.

Could it even be a practical matter like forcing victims to look in an easternly direction to best be captured by recording equipment, or chillingly, a mirror to force them to watch.

Interesting thoughts.

Agreed. I have so many true crime searches on mine. That and a TON of true crime books. At one point my mother asked me if she had anything to worry about and I laughed. She knows I’m too squeamish to be a serial killer haha.

That and I come from a family of cops. I grew up with America’s Most Wanted, Cops, Forensic Files, etc. I’m convinced it’s in my blood.

I've been assuming it was simply ease of carrying the bodies from the vehicle to the ditch. They ended up in that orientation simply because of convenience rather than some deep meaning. jmo
I can’t recall exact position of the bodies and the head. I’ve wondered too, if placement was to ensure that in off-chance the victims were to recover consciousness, that if head was placed submerged they would invest water? MOO

I'm really not sure that their directional posing was anything more than someone carrying them over his shoulder and dropping them, possibly head first.
There may have been other evidence of ritualistic or otherwise significant trussing or tie marks but I can't buy into the direction as significant..
it's speculation, is it not?

Can anyone point me to a msm link that states that Heuermann was in fact a duck hunter ? TIA

There's a link in this post.

The stash included pistols, revolvers and semi-automatic rifles. Heuermann was an avid hunter, but the trove was more guns than authorities were expecting – they only knew of 92 that he had registered in the state.

The search of Heuermann’s house in Massapequa Park, Long Island, has largely been focused on forensics, but authorities are also looking for items that could be souvenirs from the killings – things that appear to be hidden or kept in such a way other family members would not have come across them, according to the source.

One “out of place” item that investigators have found is a doll that was found in the house – but not in the children’s rooms.

They were dumped in a sewage channel which flowed in an eastern direction. The killer was probably forensically aware by dumping the SW them there imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#